As dogs age, they may require food designed to help reduce nutrient excesses that could be harmful to their system. For example, high levels of sodium, phosphorus and protein can cause increased workload in the kidneys and heart. Kidneys are very important to the health of your dogs because they remove waste substances from the blood and maintain the normal balance of fluid and minerals within the body. Once kidney damage occurs, the consequences are usually irreversible. The heart is the most important organ in your pet's body, and factors such as age or weight may affect its function. Poor heart health can affect your dog's lifestyle and mood. Because the food your dog eats plays an important role in his or her overall health and well-being, at Hill's, nutritionists and veterinarians developed clinical nutrition especially formulated to support your older dog's kidneys and heart for overall health.
- Clinical nutrition especially formulated to support your older dog's kidneys and heart for overall health
- Reduced phosphorus helps minimize stress on aging kidneys and reduced sodium helps maintain normal blood pressure
- Reduced protein and targeted levels of high quality protein help decrease kidney workload
- Optimal fat levels to reduce pancreatic workload
- Increased levels of omega-3 fatty acids and controlled calories support kidney health
Hill's Prescription Diets require a veterinary prescription. This product will not be shipped until a copy of a valid prescription authorization is faxed to 1-800-619-7973 or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
See all items by Hill's Prescription Diet