When liver function is compromised, the exact cause can often be difficult to determine. Supporting the liver, regardless of the cause, is essential to keep it working properly. Administering SAMe (S-Adenosylmethionine), which is found in Denamarin, has been shown to markedly increase liver levels of glutathione, an important compound for liver health formed when SAMe is metabolized. The SAMe in Denamarin has also been shown to help protect liver cells from cell death and may help cell repair and regeneration. Denamarin also helps support your dog's liver through the administration of silybin. Silybin is an active part of an extract from milk thistle, known as silymarin, and has been shown to support liver function by helping maintain a healthy oxidative balance.
While best known for supporting the liver in dogs, Denamarin also has a place in supporting brain health. Research is looking into dog aging and associated decreases in levels of S-Adenosylmethionine (SAMe) in cerebrospinal fluid, which surrounds the brain. Denamarin provides SAMe in a stabilized form to help with brain health and act as a neuroprotector.
- Increases levels of glutathione, an important compound for liver health
- Has also been shown to help protect liver cells from cell death and may help cell reparation and regeneration
- Supports pet’s liver with silybin, which maintains a healthy oxidative balance
- Provides SAMe in a stabilized form to help with brain health and act as a neuroprotector
- Easy to administer, chewable tablets for large dogs
Store in a cool, dry area. Keep out of reach of children.
See all items by Nutramax