||Daily Feeding (Biscuits)
|12 - 25 lbs
||1 - 2
|25 - 50, lbs
||2 - 3
|50 - 75, lbs
||3 - 4
|75 - 100 lbs
||4 - 5
These are the recommended feeding amounts based on an ideal body condition for Adult dogs of various weights. Feed suggested amounts throughout the day as a complement to your dog’s normal diet. As with any treat, when feeding the recommended amount of NATURAL CHOICE™ Adult Dog Biscuits, you should decrease the amount of your dog’s main meal or increase exercise by 10 percent each day. Always monitor your pet while feeding a treat. Keep fresh drinking water available at all times. See your veterinarian regularly. To help maintain freshness, we recommend sealing the bag tightly and storing it in a cool, dry location.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the benefit of flaxseed in NUTRO™ Dog Food?
Flaxseed is used as a source of fiber, protein, and healthy oils. The soluble and insoluble fibers in flaxseed help us achieve better digestive health and stool quality in our formulas. Additionally, it contributes healthy oils, including omega - 3 and omega - 6 fatty acids, like linoleic acid, which help fulfill essential nutrient requirements and promote skin and coat health.
Does NUTRO™ Brand Dog and Cat Food contain artificial preservatives?
No, our foods are naturally preserved with vitamin E. We never use chemicals like BHA, BHT, ethoxyquin, propyl gallate or sodium hexametaphosphate in NUTRO™ Natural Dog Food or Cat Food.
Where are NUTRO™ Products made?
We are proud that NUTRO™ Products are made in our own U.S. facilities. Our facilities are located in Victorville, Calif.; Lebanon, Tenn.; and North Sioux City, S.D. Our GREENIES® Products are made in Kansas City, Mo.
Are any NUTRO™ Products currently being recalled?
No, there are no recalls of any NUTRO™ Products in effect. All NUTRO™ Products are safe and meet the highest standards of safety and quality.
How do you read the code dates on NUTRO™ Cans and Trays?
Due to technical advances in materials, the expiration dates for cans and trays produced after March 31, 2004 will be 2 years from the date of manufacture.
Here is an example of the coding: First Line: BEST BY MM DD YY Second Line: Contains manufacturing information (i.e., plant, line and time) MM = Month of Production DD = Day of Production YY = Year of Production + 2 Years For example, a can manufactured on May 31, 2011 would be coded: BEST BY 05 31 13 (MAY 31, 2013).
How long has The Nutro Company been making natural pet food with added vitamins, minerals and other nutrients?
We have been in business since 1926!
What is The Nutro Company nutrition philosophy?
Pets First: At The Nutro Company, leading - edge knowledge and expertise in natural pet nutrition are the foundation of our work.
Natural: We use natural ingredients in NUTRO™ Products. We believe natural foods are healthier, safer and tastier.
Powerful Solutions: Every ingredient in our products is there for a reason: to deliver healthy, superior nutrition you can see.
No Compromises: At The Nutro Company, we hold ourselves to a higher standard. It’s why we’re dedicated to pet food safety and quality. We offer complete satisfaction, guaranteed or your money back.
What makes the quality and safety standards at The Nutro Company different?
- We produce our dry pet foods in our own facilities located right here in the United States.
- All of our facilities adhere to industry - leading food safety and quality standards.
- We have dedicated quality and sanitation experts in each of our facilities to ensure the quality and safety of our pet food.
- We never operate for more than 7 days in our dry facilities without an in - depth cleaning and sanitation break.
- We regularly conduct on - site audits at our ingredient suppliers to ensure that our quality and food safety standards are met.
- We test our key ingredients before we use them to ensure nutritional and food safety parameters are met.
- We test our shipments of grains for mycotoxins before we unload them to ensure they are safe.
- We carefully test every finished product batch to confirm microbiological safety, nutritional compliance and shelf stability through oxidation testing before we ship it.
- We lead the industry in our commitment to understand and drive stability and freshness of natural pet food.
- The Nutro Company was first to receive American Feed Industry Association (AFIA) Pet Food Manufacturing Facility * Certification Program certificates for our 3 manufacturing facilities in Victorville, Calif.; Lebanon, Tenn.; and Kansas City, Mo. This achievement illustrates our commitment to pet - food safety.
How does The Nutro Company test its products?
Nobody invests more in pet food safety and quality than we do. We test every single batch of our key ingredients before we use it to ensure nutritional and food safety parameters are met. We test every shipment of grains for mycotoxins before we unload it to ensure it is safe. We carefully test every finished product batch to confirm microbiological safety, nutritional compliance and shelf stability before we ship it. The Nutro Company was recently the first company to receive the AFIA Facility Safety seal, which is a third - party pet - food - safety certification. Learn more.
Was The Nutro Company investigated by the FDA?
No, this false claim was made by an uncredentialed website, and it has been refuted by the FDA and debunked in the mainstream media.