Lower urinary tract disease (LUTD) refers to a group of disorders that commonly leads to irritation of the urinary tract and corresponding undesirable clinical signs.
What causes Lower Urinary Tract Disease? In dogs, bacterial infections of the urinary tract and the presence of stones (uroliths) in the urinary tract are the most common causes. This diet promotes a urinary environment unfavorable to the development of both struvite and calcium oxalate crystals.
- Canine Urinary SO Moderate Calorie is a complete and balanced diet for adult dogs predisposed to weight gain. It is formulated to aid in the nutritional management of calcium oxalate and struvite urolithiasis.
- Moderate calorie content, compared to canine Urinary SO, to help maintain ideal weight.
- Royal Canin Urinary SO Index® promotes a urinary environment unfavorable to the development of both struvite and calcium oxalate crystals
- Increasing the urine volume simultaneously reduces the saturation of urine with calcium oxalate and struvite crystals
- Relative Super Saturation (RSS) methodology predicts the crystallization potential of urine; RSS is used to develop diets that lower the concentration of ions contributing to struvite and calcium oxalate urolithiasis.
Note: Royal Canin Veterinary Diets require a veterinary prescription. This product will not be shipped until a copy of a valid prescription authorization is faxed to 1-800-619-7973 or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
See all items by Royal Canin Veterinary Diet