Lower urinary tract disease (LUTD) refers to a group of disorders that commonly leads to irritation of the urinary tract and corresponding undesirable clinical signs.
What causes Lower Urinary Tract Disease? In dogs, bacterial infections of the urinary tract and the presence of stones (uroliths) in the urinary tract are the most common causes. This diet promotes a urinary environment unfavorable to the development of both struvite and calcium oxalate crystals.
- Canine Urinary SO Small Dog is a complete and balanced diet specifically designed for small breed adult dogs at risk of developing lower urinary tract disease. It is formulated to aid in the nutritional management of calcium oxalate and struvite urolithiasis.
- Low Relative Super Saturation (RSS) technology predicts the crystallization potential of urine and is used to develop our diets to decrease the risk of struvite and calcium oxalate crystal and stone formation
- Tasty dry dog food also dilutes urine to help prevent struvite and calcium oxalate stones
- Royal Canin Urinary SO® Index promotes a urinary environment unfavorable to the development of both struvite and calcium oxalate crystals
- Contains nutrients to support healthy teeth
Note: Royal Canin Veterinary Diets require a veterinary prescription. This product will not be shipped until a copy of a valid prescription authorization is faxed to 1-800-619-7973 or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
See all items by Royal Canin Veterinary Diet