Dogswell Remedy+Recovery Professional Groomer's Styptic Powder for Dogs, Cats & Birds, 1.5-oz jar
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Styptic powder is suitable for a variety of pets including canine companions, cat companions and bird buddies.
- Stops bleeding caused by superficial cuts and minor scrapes from clipping nails and wings to nicks from grooming.
- The dry powder clots blood on contact and works within seconds to stop your buddy from bleeding.
- Alcohol-free free formula prevents unnecessary stinging so that your furry friend is comfortable.
- Styptic powder is the perfect addition to any pet parent’s grooming kit or pet care tool kit.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Professional Pet Products Nail-Safe Styptic Powder for Dogs, Cats & Ferrets, 0.5-oz bottle$6.95Chewy Price$6.60Autoship Price
- The Blissful Dog Paw Butter, 2-oz$12.95Chewy Price
- Pet Republique Dual-Head Toothbrush for Dogs & Cats$2.49Chewy Price$2.99List Price
- Sovereign Silver Pets First Aid Gel for Dogs & Cats, 1-oz bottle$14.99Chewy Price$14.24Autoship Price
- Vet Worthy Dog Hemostat$6.99Chewy Price$7.99List Price$6.64Autoship Price
- Vets Preferred Advanced Pad Protection Dog Paw Pad Wax, 2-oz can$11.99Chewy Price$14.95List Price$11.39Autoship Price
- 21st Century Essential Pet Paw Pad Protector Wax for Dogs, 2-oz jar$5.87Chewy Price$5.58Autoship Price
- Davis Miconazole Dog, Cat & Horse Spray, 4-oz bottle$9.95Chewy Price$9.45Autoship Price
- Pet MD Antiseptic & Antifungal Medicated Spray for Dogs, Cats & Horses, 8-oz bottle$15.99Chewy Price$18.99List Price$15.19Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Active Ingredient: Ferric Subsulfate (Hemostat)., Inactive Ingredients: Bentonite, Potassium Aluminum Sulfate...||Ferric Subsulfate, Aluminum Chloride, Diatomite...||Active Ingredient: Ferric Subsulfate, Inactive ingredients: Bentonite, Potassium Aluminum Sulfate...||N/A||Ferric Subsulfate,Aluminum Sulfate, Silica, Iodophor and Benzocaine.|
|Breed Size||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Large Breeds, Medium Breeds, Small Breeds...||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Large Breeds, Medium Breeds, Small Breeds...|
|Health Feature||First Aid||First Aid||First Aid||First Aid||First Aid|
Questions & Answers
24 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
115 Customer Reviews
Works as Advertised
What do you do when your dog is bleeding, is 11:30 p.m., the vet is closed, and you are freaking out? I trimmed one of my dogs black nails just a little too close and it started bleeding. I got the Dogswell styptic powder out, dipped his nail in it and it stopped the bleeding immediately with no further problems. Accidents happen. Dogswell helps you to be prepared. This brand is better than Kwik Stop brand because it comes in a larger size (1.5 oz vs. .5 oz). I used Kwik Stop when I kept pet birds and it was great, but for a larger animal you need more product. I know from now on we will keep a supply of Dogswell in the house.
great to have on hand
This is a great help if you cut the nail just a bit too short. It’s great for those black toenails where you cannot see the quick. It stops the bleed almost instantly.
First Aid Kit
Purchased as a first aid product for nail trimming days. Both my dogs have black nails - cannot see the veins. Value priced - this product has a larger amount of powder than other brands, yet the price is similar to the smaller containers of other styptic powder brands.
Didn’t work very well
I used this prod for the first time this morning. I clipped one of my dog’s nails too close and it bleed. I treated the sight with the styptic powder, held area while applying pressure for 10-15 sec., bleeding stop. He bled work another 5-10 min. Before it totally stopped bleeding.
I used this on my Chloe when I accidentally cut her nail to short. This stopped the bleeding instantly
STYPTIC STOP BLEEDING POWDER
Gives reassurance in clipping dog nails - seems to work within seconds of application. Simple directions on container - need small plastic scoop with handle to dispense (unless i didn't locate it in powder).
Must have for pets
This is a must have in our pet first aid kit. We keep this on hand for nail trims as well as if one of our pets gets a cut. It aids in bleeding stoppage and I highly recommend having it on hand "just in case" at all times. We have rabbits, chickens, dogs and cats - safe for all
Kudos for product as service
Couldn't be better - product and service. Whether I call to order or order online it is always accurate and prompt.
Does the job well
Still working to keep my dog calm during nail trimmings, had one small accident during an especially anxious trimming, sealed the cut and calmed her down very quickly
Our Great Dane
It works well when you have an old dog with toenails that bleed when he drags his feet.