Dogswell Remedy+Recovery Professional Groomer's Styptic Powder for Dogs, Cats & Birds, 1.5-oz jar
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Styptic powder is suitable for a variety of pets including canine companions, cat companions and bird buddies.
- Stops bleeding caused by superficial cuts and minor scrapes from clipping nails and wings to nicks from grooming.
- The dry powder clots blood on contact and works within seconds to stop your buddy from bleeding.
- Alcohol-free free formula prevents unnecessary stinging so that your furry friend is comfortable.
- Styptic powder is the perfect addition to any pet parent’s grooming kit or pet care tool kit.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Professional Pet Products Nail-Safe Styptic Powder for Dogs, Cats & Ferrets, 0.5-oz bottle$7.50Chewy Price$7.13Autoship Price
- The Blissful Dog Paw Butter, 2.25-oz$14.95Chewy Price$19.99List Price$14.20Autoship Price
- The Blissful Dog Elbow Butter, 4-oz$20.99Chewy Price$26.99List Price$19.94Autoship Price
- NaturPet Paw & Skin Herbal Cream for Dogs, 60-ml bottle$17.99Chewy Price$17.09Autoship Price
- Adventure Medical Kits Dog Series Me & My Dog First Aid Kit for Dogs$47.00Chewy Price$56.99List Price
- Four Paws Healthy Promise Aloe Ear Mite Treatment for Dogs, 0.75-oz$9.29Chewy Price$9.99List Price$8.83Autoship Price
- PetAg EMT First Aid Kit in a Tube for Dogs, Cats & Small Pets, 1-oz bottle$21.99Chewy Price$20.89Autoship Price
- HoneyCure Natural Veterinary Wound Care Ointment for Dogs, Cats & Horses, 2-oz tube$29.99Chewy Price$32.99List Price
- DERMagic Hot Spot Salve, 2-oz Jar$19.95Chewy Price$19.99List Price$18.95Autoship Price
- Dr. Lyon's Wound & Skin Care Spray for Dogs, Cats, Horses & Rabbits, 8-oz bottle$10.77Chewy Price$10.23Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Active Ingredient: Ferric Subsulfate (Hemostat)., Inactive Ingredients: Bentonite, Potassium Aluminum Sulfate...||Ferric Subsulfate, Aluminum Chloride, Diatomite...||—||Ferric Subsulfate,Aluminum Sulfate, Silica, Iodophor and Benzocaine.||Ferric Subsulfate, Bentonite, Diatomite...|
|Breed Size||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Large Breeds, Medium Breeds, Small Breeds...||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Large Breeds, Medium Breeds, Small Breeds...||—|
|Health Feature||First Aid||First Aid||First Aid||First Aid||First Aid|
Questions & Answers
22 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
118 Customer Reviews
Mom of 8 critters that have 4 legs
We foster kittens for our local county shelter and 501c3 animal welfare group that supports rural county shelter. I have only clipped a kitty nail too short once, about 10 years ago. I bought a jar of this after the incident because it was bleeding a LOT. Well, tonight is the second time in nearly 30 years of trimming kitty nails and cat sitting as a side hustle that I needed styptic powder. Bailey is 3, and he’s wonderful unless it’s dinner time when he becomes very vocal, and it wouldn’t surprise me if one of our neighbors would be knocking on the door as Bailey says something like “Feed me mom. And hurry it up. I’m starving to death”. Imagine my surprise as a seasoned cat caregiver hears knocking at the door while Bailey lets it be known to anyone within earshot that he’s going to die at any moment. Of course this handsome man screamed loud and my husband told him to stop being such a wuss. The scream was real as I see blood literally running in a solid stream from Bailey’s finger to the jeans my husband was wearing. He held him while I went to get the styptic. Did we know what we were doing with this stuff? No we did not. We were reading the instructions and doing what it said. And the bleeding stopped until after we’d let him get down and I observed him diligently cleaning his feet, effectively removing all traces of the styptic powder. I picked him up and held him in my lap until he settled down and got the long blinks. These pics were after he’d settled down, and look how utterly displeased he is! He still has 8 nails that need to be trimmed but I didn’t want to put him through anything more tonight. We’ll wrap up this task tomorrow. Keep a jar of this around. You just never know when you’re gonna need it. Here’s hoping you never do need it, but if you’ve got a cat (or other species of land animal) be sure you have it on hand and of course know how to use it. We can be a little messy and spend too much time looking for stuff, but first aid kits for humans and pets is something you should not be out of. And you gotta know where they are. We have a long ranch- style home and we have our first aid kits (2 kits for humans and 2 kits for pets) at the first door in the hallway, from both directions. Both are available even when we’re leaning in the direction of being really frightened. Sir Bailey is now asleep at the top of the cat tree.
A must have!
I bought this hoping it would prevent another crisis of bleeding that I was thinking wasn't going to stop, after clipping a nail. I couldn't believe how effective and quick this product is. I will never cut nails without this again.
Works as Advertised
What do you do when your dog is bleeding, is 11:30 p.m., the vet is closed, and you are freaking out? I trimmed one of my dogs black nails just a little too close and it started bleeding. I got the Dogswell styptic powder out, dipped his nail in it and it stopped the bleeding immediately with no further problems. Accidents happen. Dogswell helps you to be prepared. This brand is better than Kwik Stop brand because it comes in a larger size (1.5 oz vs. .5 oz). I used Kwik Stop when I kept pet birds and it was great, but for a larger animal you need more product. I know from now on we will keep a supply of Dogswell in the house.
great to have on hand
This is a great help if you cut the nail just a bit too short. It’s great for those black toenails where you cannot see the quick. It stops the bleed almost instantly.
Kitty First Aid Kit
I have this with the intention of never needing it. But you never know.
First Aid Kit
Purchased as a first aid product for nail trimming days. Both my dogs have black nails - cannot see the veins. Value priced - this product has a larger amount of powder than other brands, yet the price is similar to the smaller containers of other styptic powder brands.
Didn’t work very well
I used this prod for the first time this morning. I clipped one of my dog’s nails too close and it bleed. I treated the sight with the styptic powder, held area while applying pressure for 10-15 sec., bleeding stop. He bled work another 5-10 min. Before it totally stopped bleeding.
I used this on my Chloe when I accidentally cut her nail to short. This stopped the bleeding instantly
STYPTIC STOP BLEEDING POWDER
Gives reassurance in clipping dog nails - seems to work within seconds of application. Simple directions on container - need small plastic scoop with handle to dispense (unless i didn't locate it in powder).
Must have for pets
This is a must have in our pet first aid kit. We keep this on hand for nail trims as well as if one of our pets gets a cut. It aids in bleeding stoppage and I highly recommend having it on hand "just in case" at all times. We have rabbits, chickens, dogs and cats - safe for all