Downtown Pet Supply 36-in Dog Grooming Arm with Clamp
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Grooming kit that helps keep your furry friend in place while you tend to his hair and nails.
- Provides your paw-tner with comfort as he stands or can be adjusted for older or arthritic animals that prefer to sit.
- Features an arm that is adjustable up to 36 inches in height and easily attaches to most tables with a clamp.
- Cables have a cushion covering that protects your pup and are durable enough so he cannot chew through them.
- Ideal for groomers or those pet parents that want to keep companions neat and tidy.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Loyalty Pet Products Dog Grooming Hammocks, Medium$64.00Chewy Price
- Downtown Pet Supply Collapsible Dog Grooming Arm, Black$43.99Chewy Price$95.99List Price
- Go Pet Club Dog Grooming Table with Arm, 30-in$61.59Chewy Price$90.99List Price
- Yaheetech 45-in Dog & Cat Grooming Table, Black$159.99Chewy Price
- Yaheetech Foldable Retractable Bath Dog & Cat Grooming Table, Black$179.99Chewy Price
- DealSHELANDY Dog Grooming Dryer, Blue$89.00Chewy Price
- Wahl Pro Ion Lithium Cordless Pet Hair Grooming Clipper, Black/Silver$43.99Chewy Price$81.95List Price
- XPOWER Airrow Pro B-53 Multipurpose Pet Dryer, Purple$69.00Chewy Price
- Laazar Pro Shear Straight Dog Grooming Scissors, 8-in$34.99Chewy Price$49.99List Price
- Wahl U-Clip Pet Hair Grooming Clipper, Blue$31.99Chewy Price$37.95List Price
- Laazar Pro Shear Curved Dog Grooming Scissors, 8-in$34.99Chewy Price$49.99List Price
- Scaredy Cut Silent Dog, Cat & Small Pet Grooming Kit, 16 piece, Pink, Left-Handed$34.95Chewy Price$39.95List Price
Compare Similar Items
|Material||Steel, Metal||Steel, Metal||Steel, Metal||Stainless Steel, Metal||Stainless Steel, Metal|
|Breed Size||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds||—||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds||—|
Questions & Answers
9 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
17 Customer Reviews
Good product, unfortunate mfg defect
I ordered this grooming arm in addition to a grooming table that came with an arm, but got poor reviews for the arm not being strong enough. The reviews for this indicates it was sturdy and good quality. The delivery came as promised, box was in good condition, and the product is indeed very sturdy and heavy. I really liked it, however the clamp wouldn’t hold the arm because the set screw assembly was welded off center so the screw couldn’t make contact with the upright bar and hold it in place. This product would have gotten 5 stars for how sturdy it is, without this defect. Customer Service was awesome. The phone was answered after the first ring, the rep was very helpful and told me it’s not necessary to ship it back. My refund would be applied to my account within 48 hours and I could discard or donate the item.
This is an interesting idea that would benefit from some more thinking. It comes with two steel cable leads, one longer than the other, (for the different ends of the dog) and a single cloth lead (like a leash). The cable leads are both attached to a single dog clip (like the end of a leash) and have pieces of rubber hose around the loop. The different lengths probably work okay for a dog with a neck but are not useful for dogs like Pekingese or French Bulldogs whose heads are not well above their spinal column. Intended to keep the dog from sitting during grooming, on my Pekes, the leads slip toward each other and the dog sits. If there were some kind of spreader bar between the leads, the dog would not be able to sit. Back to the drawing board
Wanted this to work so badly
We wanted this to work so badly for grooming our lagotto but he could easily pull it around and move it. It's good for a smaller dog but our dog is about 40 lbs so he was just a little too strong for it.
awesome grooming loop
I was hesitant because it was a different brand than I normally buy, but ended up being pleasantly surprised! (The original one was damaged beyond use during shipping, but that was the post office’s fault not chewy’s and chewy made it right). The arm feels pretty sturdy and the clamp is adjustable so I really can use it on my larger dog. The grooming single loop is awesome quality and softer on the dog than many of the other loops I’ve used. The double loop ended up being on the smaller/medium side, so if your dog is over 60-80 lbs you may want to purchase a larger double loop in addition to this arm. (This isn’t a problem for me, since my girl is smaller, but my boy dog who doesn’t get groomed on the table wouldn’t fit in the double loop) overall it’s a great purchase! Very happy groomer over here.
wanna be groomer
It’s going to work okay if your dog is mellow and doesn’t try to pull away or jump down. The metal is weak and it bent when my 60 lbs Golden pulled away. Returning.
Good as advertised
I am using this on a regular grooming table, but the clamp jaws are very wide, so it might attach it to any protruding edge as advertised. I have used it to support the back end of my pup when I was too pressed to repeatedly stand him up. One of the supplied straps, wide with a protective tube, was ideal for that. I think the arm is great for a small to medium dog. For a big dog, he should be table-trained so he doesn't try to roam around the table rambunctiously. Of course, you will never leave the dog attached for a moment. (I feel safer leaving my dog momentarily on a table unattached, say to turn on a light -- attached, never.)
Great grooming tool!
I purchased this for our new puppy to get her used to grooming and she was a wiggly worm when I tried to do it without the harness. It was an immediate transformation once I hooked her up to this! She was still somewhat wiggly, but by the end of the grooming session she was sitting still. This will allow me to groom in between visits to the salon and know she is safe while doing so! Thank you Chewy!
This is perfect, it'll save me $45 a month on grooming.
Works great for me.
My new rescue dog is a chihuahua/Yorkie mix with differing hair growth. I never had to deal with cut grooming before (short haired dogs spoil you!) and completely ignorant on the process. Bought clippers on chewy then realized the dog moves and makes it not so easy or safe. Then I found this grooming arm, love the $ and as stated this is all new to me and not sure of my success rate. Well, this does the job and keeps my 5# dog still and safe for grooming. Now to improve my skills with the clippers!
I home groom my dog between visits to a professional groomer. This arm is heavy duty, the clamps fit my homemade grooming table. I appreciate the different size leashes and adjustability because it allows my dog to stand, sit and lie down without strain to her neck. Wish I had purchased this months ago. It keeps me from enlisting my husband's help with grooming.