Safely and quickly raise the pH in your freshwater aquarium for more alkaline water conditions with API pH Up Aquarium Water Treatment. pH is the measure of acidic or alkaline water conditions. Water with a 7.0 pH level is considered neutral. Levels over 7.0 are considered alkaline, and levels under 7.0 are considered acidic. Different fish need different pH levels to stay healthy. For example, most freshwater fish thrive in levels between 6.5 and 7.5, but Cichlids and crustaceans require higher pH levels between 7.8 and 8.8. Levels that are too high or too low can cause stress, illness and death, so testing is crucial to the health of your fish. API pH Up Aquarium Water Treatment is designed to raise pH in water that tests at an undesirable level. It is fast-acting, colorless and easy to use. It will not cloud or color aquarium water and because it's phosphate- and nitrate-free, it will not encourage algae growth.
- Safely raises pH in freshwater aquariums to desirable levels.
- Fast-acting, concentrated, colorless and easy to use.
- pH Up is phosphate-free and nitrate-free, therefore, will not encourage algae growth.
- Will not cloud or color water.
- Designed to raise the pH of aquarium water where testing has shown pH to be at an undesirable level. Test water first before using any pH treatment.
Test your aquarium's pH level with API's pH Test Kit, pH Test and Adjuster Kit or pH Test Strips.
Help keep your saltwater aquarium in tip-top shape with API's Marine Master Test Kit or Saltwater Master Test Kit.
Measure your freshwater aquarium's pH level with API's Freshwater Master Test Kit.
Test your freshwater or saltwater aquarium's water with API's 5 in 1 Test Strips.
See all items by API