Dr. Elsey's Precious Cat Touch of Outdoors Unscented Clumping Clay & Natural Prairie Grasses Cat Litter
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Chemical free prairie grass helps your cat feel less anxious, bored and depressed.
- Natural chlorophyll for continuous odor control.
- All-natural hard clumping litter, no airborne dust.
- Multi-cat formula.
- Works with sifting/mechanical litter boxes.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Frisco Pine Pellet Unscented Non-Clumping Wood Cat Litter, 40-lb bag$16.18Chewy Price$17.31List Price$15.37Autoship Price
- Dr. Elsey's Clean Tracks Multi-Cat Unscented Clumping Clay Cat Litter, 20-lb bag$11.98Chewy Price$11.38Autoship Price
- Frisco Unscented Non-Clumping Recycled Paper Cat Litter, 25-lb bag$18.58Chewy Price$17.65Autoship Price
- Dr. Elsey's R&R Respiratory Relief Unscented Clumping Clay Cat Litter, 40-lb bag$30.99Chewy Price$31.99List Price$29.44Autoship Price
- dealNaturally Fresh Multi-Cat Fresh Unscented Clumping Walnut Cat Litter, 14-lb bag$15.82Chewy Price$18.99List Price$15.03Autoship Price
- Nature's Miracle Premium Scented Clumping Corn Cat Litter, 10-lb bag$13.99Chewy Price$15.49List Price$13.29Autoship Price
- Dr. Elsey's Precious Ultra Scented Clumping Clay Cat Litter, 20-lb bag$12.99Chewy Price$12.34Autoship Price
- BoxiePro Deep Clean Unscented Probiotic Clumping Clay Cat Litter, 16-lb bag$19.99Chewy Price$21.99List Price$18.99Autoship Price
- dealNaturally Fresh Herbal Attraction Scented Clumping Walnut Cat Litter, 14-lb bag$14.83Chewy Price$18.99List Price$14.09Autoship Price
- dealNaturally Fresh Unscented Clumping Walnut Cat Litter, 14-lb bag$13.01Chewy Price$17.99List Price$12.36Autoship Price
- World's Best Picky Cat Unscented Clumping Corn Cat Litter, 24-lb bag$32.15Chewy Price$39.99List Price$30.54Autoship Price
- Naturally Fresh Alpine Meadow Scented Clumping Walnut Cat Litter, 14-lb bag$15.99Chewy Price$18.99List Price$15.19Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Litter Feature||Clumping, Odor Control, Multi-Cat, Unscented, Dust Free||Unscented, Multi-Cat, Odor Control, Clumping, Dust Free, Attractant||Clumping, Multi-Cat, Odor Control, Unscented, Dust Free, Low Tracking||Clumping, Multi-Cat, Unscented, Odor Control, Dust Free, Low Tracking||Multi-Cat, Odor Control, Unscented, Clumping, Dust Free, Attractant|
Questions & Answers
20 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
401 Customer Reviews
I didn't realize this wasn't 100% grass seed litter which I usually buy, rather it's clay with supposedly *some* grass seed in it (hardly any from what I can tell.) The clay dries like cement making the box was very difficult to scoop, impossible in some areas because it was stuck so hard. When my kitty peed her urine would stay more on the surface and puddle around her foot so I was constantly having to remove hardened bits from between her toes. It also tracked all over the house, hardened into my carpets... Usually I just stick to something if I bought it by accident even if I don't like it but this is going back or getting donated.
Not what expected
My 7 cats did not like this litter at all. I used it in just 1 box. Nobody used that box. I tried a cup mixed into everyone's favorite box. It's completely hidden but there is a lot of room all around. They all protested. It says clearly unscented but also a touch of outdoors. I do often misinterpret labels. It said a touch of outdoors so I expected maybe a slight natural odor, maybe grassy. It was very large pieces that were very hard. Basically pebbles. I don't recommend for indoor only kitties/cats. I pushed the bag to the back of the closet for emergencies. I usually give everything to our local #Monadnock Humane Society, Swanzey NHbut due to covid they are not accepting open bags. I keep double checking. As soon as they give me the go ahead, that's where it's headed. Please check on your local shelter/rescue or humane society. I check my locals wish list on Chewy & Facebook. They are desperate for nursing bottles and KMR. Kitten chow. That tugs my heart strings. So I'm dropping off supplies today. Imagine brand new babies hungry. Any animal hungry is awful.
Not Great. Won't buy again.
The Good: the cats seem to like it. They prefer the 2 boxes I put this in VS the Tidy Cats I'd been using that I left in the 3rd box. It seems to clump quickly and well--slightly better than the Tidy Cats. The Bad: Its very dusty. I've never noticed dust clouds when dumping litter into boxes before this stuff. It tracks EVERYWHERE. I tried this because some reviews said it was low tracking. It is not. There is litter 25 feet away form the boxes in rooms that don't even have boxes. And I do utilize anti-tracking mats. This was not an issue with Tidy Cats(only a few feet). Lastly, this does not mask smell very well IMO. Definitely less than what I was using previously. Verdict: I've been using this about 5 days and will be getting rid of it tomorrow. I don't recommend it unless your boxes are located outside, in a basement, garage, or someplace else that you won't have to be in regular proximity to it. I bought a bag of Dr. Elsey's Ultra and will see if that is any better.
Makes my air purifier cry...
I've used this litter for over a year because I took in a cat who used to be outside 24/7. When I transitioned her into a full-time indoor cat, I used this to get her comfortable with using a litter box. It worked great! Clumping is good, odor protection is good, and it WAS dust-free. However, I feel as though something in the formula changed. Every time I scoop this litter or put more in our box, there is a huge cloud of dust that emitts from it and my air purifier goes automatically to its highest setting because it detects airborne particles. It tracks like crazy as well! If this litter is 99.9% dust free like the packaging says, I would hate to see what the formula would be like at 99.8% because it's already WAY too much dust.
My cat, Nikon, is very particular about litter and I have tried many, many brands. Dr Elsey's natural prairie grass is the best of all I have tried. Not only will my cat use this litter, but it clumps well, is easy to remove and doesn't track as much as others. Highly recommend
I have been using corn litter for over a year, I ordered this thinking is was grass based. Only to received it and realized it is clay with a touch of grass, my fault for not reading. I already know my cats like clay as we’ve used it in the past but because of allergies I needed something less dusty. And I like the lighter weight of corn. So here’s my take on this litter: My cats like, maybe love, it; I do not. It is dusty as all clay litters are, but the insane about of tracking from this litter is baffling. The clumps are impossible to scoop as they stick like glue to the bottom/side of the litter box and so it heavy. We will stay with corn based, but I will try a grass litter next.
Don't waste your money
Worst litter I've EVER tried (love Dr.Es reg litter)and I scoop plenty of boxes with a variety of litter via volunteering at our local rescue. Glad I tried it even though I am stuck with the other bag. Can't even mix it with something better because it just makes that worse too. Spend your money on Frisco's Grass Litter. That stuff is fantastic and won't kill the environment.
Frisco Grass Litter is better
I did not realize when ordering that this was a combo litter. There seemed to be very little grass seed in it. Better off buying the Frisco Grass Seed Litter. This was very dense and dustier.
Best litter I've ever used
Rescued an outdoor cat. Could not get him to go in litter box. Used this and in 2 or 3 days he was litter box trained. They have several different kinds so read to see which one you need. It clumps like crazy and no ammonia smell either. Swear by it.
Best litter ever
and I have tried quite a number of different brands being a rescuer for 30 years. My fussy boy is no longer fussy when it comes to using the litter box. The litter tracks very little and the clumps are hard making cleaning quick.