Dr. Gary's Best Breed Holistic Working Dry Dog Food
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Provides balanced nutrition and sustained energy for working dogs
- Natural antioxidants support strong immune systems
- Glucosamine and green-lipped sea mussels support joint health
- Quality fiber helps maintain gastrointestinal functions
- Balanced ratio of omega-3 and 6 fatty acids for a vibrant coat
Never Run Out of Food Again!
|Breed Size||Bag Size||Estimated Autoship Schedule|
|Small Breed (10 -25 lbs)||4 lbs||2 - 3 weeks|
|Medium Breed (26 - 55 lbs)||15 lbs||4 - 5 weeks|
|Large Breed (56 - 99 lbs)||30 lbs||5 - 6 weeks|
- Please note this is an estimate. See Feeding Instructions tab for more information.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Dr. Gary's Best Breed Holistic All Breed Dry Dog Food, 13-lb bag$31.99Chewy Price$30.39Autoship Price
- Dr. Gary's Best Breed Holistic Coldwater Recipe Dry Dog Food, 4-lb bag$16.49Chewy Price$15.67Autoship Price
- Dr. Gary's Best Breed Grain-Free Farmer's Recipe Dry Dog Food, 26-lb bag$59.99Chewy Price$56.99Autoship Price
- Dr. Gary's Best Breed Holistic Countryside Recipe Dry Dog Food, 13-lb bag$30.99Chewy Price$29.44Autoship Price
- Dr. Gary's Best Breed Grain-Free Ocean Recipe Dry Dog Food, 13-lb bag$39.00Chewy Price$39.99List Price$37.05Autoship Price
- Team Dog Salmon Meal & Herring Meal 30/25 Elite Blend Premium Dry Dog Food, 33-lb bag$84.99Chewy Price$80.74Autoship Price
- Dr. Gary's Best Breed Holistic Field & Stream Recipe Dry Dog Food, 4-lb bag$18.04Chewy Price$18.49List Price$17.14Autoship Price
- Team Dog Salmon Meal & Herring Meal 26/20 Essential Blend Premium Dry Dog Food, 33-lb bag$84.99Chewy Price$80.74Autoship Price
- Whole Earth Farms Healthy Grains Large Breed Chicken & Rice Recipe Dry Dog Food, 37-lb bag$61.98Chewy Price$58.88Autoship Price
- Ultimates Sensitive With Salmon Protein Dry Dog Food, 5-lb bag$17.25Chewy Price$16.39Autoship Price
- Dr. Gary's Best Breed Freshwater Recipe Catfish & Whitefish Meals Dry Dog Food, 26-lb bag$60.99Chewy Price$57.94Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Chicken Meal, Chicken Fat [Preserved with Natural Mixed Tocopherols (Vitamin E)], Rice Flour...||Chicken Meal, Brown Rice, Oatmeal...||Chicken Meal, Oatmeal, Pearled Barley...||Chicken Meal, Oatmeal, Brown Rice...||Chicken Meal, Oatmeal, Oat Flour...|
|Special Diet||No Corn No Wheat No Soy, Pea-Free, Weight Control...||No Corn No Wheat No Soy, Pea-Free, High-Protein...||No Corn No Wheat No Soy, Pea-Free, With Grain||No Corn No Wheat No Soy, Pea-Free, Sensitive Digestion, With Grain||Sensitive Digestion, No Corn No Wheat No Soy, Pea-Free, With Grain|
|Health Feature||High-Energy, N/A||High-Energy||—||—||Sensitive Skin, Itch & Redness Remedy, Immune Support|
|Breed Size||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Large Breeds, Giant Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds|
|Food Flavor||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Lamb, Poultry, Meat||Chicken, Poultry|
Questions & Answers
5 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
37 Customer Reviews
Diamond in the Ruff
We are SO happy with this formula of food! It has been impossible to find kibble that is above 550 kcals for my poodle who can not keep any weight on. This kibble was the perfect match though. It fit my budget better than the competing brands with similar kcals and formulas and it also was a win for my SUPER picky poodle who sometimes will go many days without eating if he doesn’t like the food. He scarfed his first bowl of this down with no problems! We are going to pair it with the freeze dried food we use and hopefully this will be the food to FINALLY put some healthy weight on my scrawny boy! I’m also very pleased with how well it was manufactured. The bag came very tightly sealed and has a zipper seal so it can be kept right in the bag and stay fresh! We will be buying this food again! It’s a lesser known brand (honestly hoping it stays that way so I don’t have to go on crazy searches like I do for our old foods that constantly were out of stock!)
Not the TWO LBS I wanted to lose!
Seriously?! This dog food is expensive enough and they change the packaging AND take away TWO WHOLE POUNDS of food?!???!!!! That's so ridiculous. 30lbs to 28lbs.... Might be looking for another brand now. It's good otherwise
LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT
This is a very high end kibble. I have spoken with a dog nutritionist and they can only say good things about Dr. Gary's. This working dog food has done wonders for. my German shepherd. 10/10
Would never use a Dr. Gary product again!
This is another Dr. Gary item I tried and it went wrong. My dog that never had issues was placed on this food and two bags in he started to eat his feces. I took him immediately off this and he stopped. I would never recommend their products. I would stay far away.
Healthy German shepherd
This is absolutely the best dog food I’ve ever seen. My veterinarian could not stop raving about pakuna. She is a 2 year German Shepard. The veterinarian ask me what I was feeding. I told her it was Dr. Gary’s she never heard of it. She Immediately went the internet and looked it up. She came back to phone and said the food looked amazing and to continue to feed it. I use the working dog formula because she is a very active girl. I run her everyday. So go on and get you some!!
This food is a hidden gem among dog owners. I wish this was formulated for All Life Stages instead of Maintenance only. But for a high calorie food that all the dogs have transitioned over beautifully. When I started mixing food I noticed right away poops got smaller. I like all the brands that are made by Ohio Pet Foods, Dr Tim’s, Annamaet and Blackwood. Dr Gary’s formulas are higher calories and more meat based than plant based. Switching from Pro Plan Sport I love this food.
Lucy actually loves this.
I have a dog who couldn’t care less about food. I leave it in her bowl when I go to work and sometimes I come home, and it’s still there. Not with this food. She actually eats it shortly after I feed her. But that’s not even the best part. In addition to seemingly sporting a shinier coat... her poops are perfect. She was eating Wellness core (which she also really liked) but her stools were soft and unpredictable. Dr. Gary’s - working dog food, has her very regular and solid. So, I’m happy. :)
My dog refuses
My dog refuses to eat this food. I have tried it plain, with salmon oil, with water, with treats hidden in it. She refuses to even get the treat out when I hide it underneath! I don't always feed her the same food. I like to give her different brands to make sure she is getting everything she needs, but she flat out refuses to eat this. It is very small kibble, too. She is a large dog (115 lb akita), but this kibble is small enough for a cat to eat.
After a lot of trial and error...
I have a picky german shepherd, with a sensitive stomach, who is difficult to keep weight on. A trifecta for a lot of failed food trials. This food satisfies all the requirements. Success!
Corporal's Take on Dinner
We have been feeding Corporal Dr. Gary's Best Breed dog food since he was a pup. We placed him on this food about a year ago and he has done great on it. I thought he would end up being picky (like alot of other German Shepherds I know) but he loves it. He acts like a nut when we first open a new bag. I love the fact that it is resealable to keep the food fresh for my spoiled pup.