Dr. Tim's Aquatics NP-Active Pearls for Nutrient Control in AquariumsBy Dr. Tim's Aquatics
Autoship (Save an extra 5%)
Choose Autoship at checkout for regular deliveries.
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
This item can't be shipped to CA.
About This Item
- Removes nitrates and phosphates naturally and is specially developed to work in all aquariums
- A pure and safe solution for all fish and coral types with no fillers
- Pure 100% biodegradable PHA-based carbon bio-polymers which are designed and have been tested for aquatic systems. The pearls act as a carbon source for the growth of beneficial bacteria, resulting in the removal of nitrate and phosphate from the water.
- Effectively removes excess nutrients and easier than liquid carbon dosing
- Made in the USA
- 450-ml bottle treats up to 150 gallons.
- 900-ml bottle treats up to 300 gallons.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
Compare Similar Items
|Fish Type||Tropical Freshwater, Marine Fish, Marine Invertebrate||Marine Invertebrate, Marine Fish||Tropical Freshwater, Marine Fish||Marine Fish||Marine Fish|
|Aquarium Type||Freshwater, Saltwater||Saltwater||Freshwater, Saltwater||Freshwater, Saltwater||Saltwater|
Questions & Answers
2 Customer Questions
Can this go in any filtering system
Answer by • Nov 28, 2017
This product will work in both Saltwater and Freshwater. Since most freshwater aquariums do not have a skimmer you may notice your filter pads or sponge clogging more frequently due to bacteria biomass - this is good but you need to rinse them more often to remove the biomass from your aquarium.
What is meant by put in a reactor? The filter?
Answer by • Aug 09, 2017
Fluidized reactors (bed filters) provide biological filtration very similar to that provided by under gravel filters. Nitrifying bacteria colonies grow on the surface of the particles of sand in the bed, and process ammonia and Nitrite into Nitrate as the water passes through the filter.
ReviewsWrite a Review
1 Customer Reviews
By David01 on Sep 29, 2016
NP Active pearls
This product had any cloudiness to my water when following directions. Nitrates declined from high 80 to low 30 in just a week and a half. Super impressed. Water is crystal clear. I have a great protein skimmer and uv sterilizer.