Drinkwell Avalon Ceramic Dog & Cat Fountain, 70-oz
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- 70-ounce capacity and the replaceable carbon filter removes bad taste and odors, keeping water fresh.
- Porcelain design is more hygienic, easy to clean, and looks great in the home.
- Dual free-falling streams add oxygen for freshness and encourage pets to drink more.
- Upper and lower dish provides two drinking areas for pets.
- Low-voltage 12V system with submersible pump for safe and quiet operation.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- DealFrisco Whimsical Leaf Round Dog & Cat Fountain, 50-oz, Mint Green$23.49Chewy Price
- DealDrinkwell Multi-Tier Plastic Dog & Cat Fountain, 100-oz$29.95Chewy Price$41.99List Price
- Drinkwell Carbon Replacement Filters, 3 count$8.95Chewy Price$10.99List Price$8.50Autoship Price
- Drinkwell Pagoda Ceramic Dog & Cat Fountain, White, 70-oz$85.80Chewy Price$99.99List Price
- Drinkwell 360 Replacement Filters, 2 count$5.95Chewy Price$6.99List Price$5.65Autoship Price
- Petmate Pearl Pet Cafe Waterer, Tan, Large$14.72Chewy Price$25.99List Price
- DealPioneer Pet Replacement Filters for Ceramic & Stainless Steel Fountains, 3 pack$8.99Chewy Price$10.99List Price$8.54Autoship Price
- PetSafe Healthy Pet Food Station Gravity Refill Dog & Cat Feeder, 4-lb$24.95Chewy Price$34.99List Price
- Cat Mate Replacement Filter Cartridges for Cat Mate & Dog Mate Fountains, 2 count$6.99Chewy Price$8.87List Price$6.64Autoship Price
- Drinkwell Outdoor Plastic Dog & Cat Fountain, 450-oz$109.95Chewy Price$134.99List Price
- Van Ness Automatic Dog & Cat Feeder, 1-cup$6.59Chewy Price$9.39List Price
- PetSafe Healthy Gravity Refill Dog & Cat Waterer, 64-oz$19.95Chewy Price$27.99List Price
Compare Similar Items
|Breed Size||Large Breeds, Small Breeds, Medium Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds||Large Breeds, Small Breeds, Medium Breeds||Medium Breeds, Large Breeds||Small Breeds, Extra Small Breeds, Medium Breeds|
|Bowl & Storage Feature||Dishwasher-Safe, Tip-Resistant, Lead-Free||Lead-Free, Tip-Resistant, Dishwasher-Safe||Dishwasher-Safe, Lead-Free, Tip-Resistant||Dishwasher-Safe, Lead-Free, Tip-Resistant||Dishwasher-Safe, BPA-Free, Lead-Free, Tip-Resistant|
|Lifestage||Puppy, Kitten, Adult, Senior||Puppy, Kitten, Adult, Senior||Puppy, Kitten, Adult, Senior||Adult||Adult|
|Compatibility||Plug-In Power||Plug-In Power||Plug-In Power||Plug-In Power||—|
Questions & Answers
34 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
213 Customer Reviews
Great Customer Service!
I purchased the PetSafe Drinkwell Porcelain Avalon Pet Fountain in May 2022. I was leery due to the price. I took a chance as my cat is finicky with his water vessel. My cat loves this fountain! The fountain is easy to clean! Today after cleaning the pump stopped working. I was going to purchase a replacement, but I checked the warranty information. PetSafe Customer Service was A plus 100 percent! I am still covered under warranty and the replacement part is being shipped as I type!
best ever fountain
WONDERFUL FOUNTAIN. WONDERFUL COMPANY!!!!!!! I bought this 11/21 and has worked great. DOES make a little trickling sound. If you want silence do not buy. Use bottled water if you have HARD water. Clean once a week. I have one cat but it needs upkeep to function correctly. The pump failed today but Chewy's Care Team has handled it. No problems with return/exchange. THEY ARE GREAT. I don't write reviews b/c I am busy, but they deserve it!!! And -I love my cat & she is crying at the sink until a new one arrives!
The fountain passed the dog test
We tested this bowl against the current bowl of water. Even moved the fountain to an out of place location. Our dog preferred the out of location fountain vs is easy to get to old water bowl.
Like the fountain but...
The pump has failed after less than two months of operation. Seems as though the bearings are failing, noisy operation, erratic speed, etc. Will try a replacement pump and hope it's better. Nice fountain but the pump would appear to be a weak link.
Old Lady's favorite fountain
My old kitty gal needs lots of water for her kidneys and doesn't hear all that well. I tried a few different fountains and this was her favorite for sure. Tip: The directions show the front the of the pump coming apart for cleaning, but the back has a cover on it too and my fountain stays cleaner longer after I removed the back pump cover completely (you'll have to cut/break it to get it around the cable)
Works Great. Cats Won’t Use It.
It works, as a fountain; I don’t think the filtration does the job though as within a couple of days the sides begin to feel slimy and I have to presume the flavor of the water tanks, as the cats ignore it. There was some early curiosity but now this is just white noise and, even if I clean it every other day, the cats still have no use for it. Waste of money.
The perfect fountain
This is our third Drinkwell fountain. Started with the original, upgraded to the platinum. My girl started asking for the kitchen faucet to be turned on again. Stopped drinking from her fountain. Took a chance on this one that bubbles up. She loves it. So far not yelling from the kitchen sink for me to come and turn on the water. Win win. Worth the investment. I love the nice heavy ceramic bowl and how easy it is to set up, ad water to, and clean. I have the fountain on a rubber mat on an old uneven wood floor. Hearing nothing at all from the pump. As other reviewers have said the water bubbling and cascading is surprisingly loud for such a little thing but I like the sound of it. Very zen. And the box arrived with a nice big piece of packing paper to jump into. The very best paper for the maximum noise.
We bought this fountain over two years ago. All three kitties love it. It has held up very, very well even with our hard water. I really appreciated that it was not plastic, cleans up nicely. We didn’t mind the sound, don’t hear the motor just the sound of trickling water (I found it rather soothing!). However, I have extremely severe arthritis in both of my hands and over the last two years it has become just too heavy for me when cleaning it. (The weight actually makes it better, kitties can’t tip it over). I’m sad to say I had to go back to a lighter, plastic fountain, but I have passed this one on to a friend who is now happily using it. Her kitty loves it and it continues to work perfectly. I would still recommend this without reservation and feel it was well worth the money.
Good for one year
the fountain is awesome but the pump and power adaptor junk. we replace the filters like it says to do and the pump gets plugged and stops working the ac adaptor just stop working
If you’re reading this, buy this fountain
This is the third cat fountain I’ve owned and BY FAR THE BEST. Compared to other fountains I’ve bought, it’s worth the money. It’s quiet, I only ever hear the water itself, it’s simple to put together, my cats love it, and it’s easy to clean. What more could I ask for?? Other fountains are hard to keep clean, have unreliable filters, or my cats find joy in tipping them over- but not this one! I will admit, however, I placed it on a small shoe tray with rocks around the edges to prevent my little monsters from tipping this one over, but I am very satisfied with this purchase and I’d recommend this to anyone I know.