Drinkwell Replacement Carbon Filters
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- High-quality filters are designed exclusively for use in the Drinkwell Avalon, Pagoda and Sedona pet water fountains.
- Duo-density polyester pre-filter prevents hair, debris and sediment from entering the pump or water bowl.
- Activated carbon removes bad tastes and odor for fresh, clean water your furry friend will love.
- Changing the filter regularly also reduces wear and tear on the water pump to help prolong its useful life.
- Available in convenient 4-count and 12-count packs; each filter provides two to four weeks of filtration.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Frisco Pet Fountain Replacement Filters, 6 count$14.96Chewy Price$14.21Autoship Price
- Drinkwell Foam Replacement Filters, 2 count$5.95Chewy Price$6.99List Price$5.65Autoship Price
- Frisco Pet Fountain Replacement Pump$16.95Chewy Price
- Drinkwell 360 Ceramic Pet Fountain Replacement Pump$20.95Chewy Price$21.99List Price
- K&H Pet Products CleanFlow 3-Pack Replacement Filter Cartridges, Large$6.71Chewy Price$12.99List Price
- Dogit Design Alfresco Outdoor Drinking Fountain Filter Cartridge, 2 count$12.56Chewy Price$24.99List Price$11.93Autoship Price
- Torus Filtered Water Bowl Replacement Filters, 6 count$29.95Chewy Price
- Drinkwell 360 Fountain Carbon Replacement Filters, 3 count$8.95Chewy Price$9.99List Price$8.50Autoship Price
- Drinkwell Carbon Replacement Filters, 3 count$8.95Chewy Price$10.99List Price$8.50Autoship Price
- PetSafe Creekside Quiet Dog & Cat Fountain, 60-oz$64.95Chewy Price$74.99List Price
- Drinkwell Premium Replacement Carbon Filters, 12 count$12.95Chewy Price$13.99List Price$12.30Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Breed Size||Extra Small Breeds, Small Breeds, Medium Breeds...||Extra Small Breeds, Small Breeds, Medium Breeds...||Extra Small Breeds, Small Breeds, Medium Breeds...||Extra Small Breeds, Small Breeds, Medium Breeds...||—|
|Material||Polyester, Plastic, Synthetic Fabric||Polyester, Synthetic Fabric||Polyester, Plastic, Synthetic Fabric||Polyester, Synthetic Fabric||Plastic|
|Health Feature||—||Kidney Care, Urinary Tract Health||—||—||—|
Questions & Answers
12 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
197 Customer Reviews
Awful filters, terrible product!
The fountain portion of this product is excellent. My Maine Coon loves to drink out of the water fountain. Unfortunately the carbon and foam filters are absolutely awful. As other reviewers mention, the carbon filters break open after only a few days of use and charcoal is everywhere rendering the fountain useless. Consequently the time spent cleaning the water fountain properly is a serious commitment. The pictures included show what regularly happens to my fountain after only 1 week, sometimes even after a few days. Unfortunately customer service does not have any recommendations, other than to use the fountain without any filters. Previously these filters were quite well constructed and would never break open. Within the last couple years the quality has completely deteriorated. I want to continue using this water fountain for my cat, but I have finally had enough. Other buyers beware!
these filters are awful
we've had this fountain for over a year, i recently ordered these filters. after first use with a few days the fountain stopped working. fan was clogged with gross black goo. i have had to replace filters weekly. i am going to return unopened box.
This is the filter that goes in my cat's drinking fountain, so I don't have an option really. My tip to anyone using this filter is to rinse it before putting the fountain back together. I have cleaned my fountain and put it all back together only to find that there was lint on the filter and now I had to take the fountain apart and rinse everything.
Only Buy These Filters!
After having bought a box of generic filters that said they were compatible with my water fountain (brand and model), I will never purchase anything except the Drinkwell replacement filters. After we installed the first generic filter, the fountain ceased pumping any water. My husband tried to determine the problem and he said it was the filters. I immediately ordered a box of the Drinkwell filters and the moment we put the first filter in, the fountain worked perfectly! I’ll only buy Drinkwell filters in the future!
Get the Four Pack!
I purchased the 12-pack from somewhere else recently and while I had never had issues before, I had the same problem that others have mentioned where the carbon dust was loose in the individual packages and I had to just throw them away. Someone mentioned getting the four pack and I would have to agree! They look the way they are supposed to look - no loose dust that turns the entire filter black. While it might be more per filter to buy the four-pack, you are saving money if you have to toss the entire 12-pack away.
Carbon Leaks Out?
I use the PetSafe fountain, which uses these filters. The fountain came with a filter, and I wasn’t happy that the carbon was in the water basin, but I read that was common with first use. Whatever, that’s fine. But I rinsed it off after a few days while cleaning the fountain, and after that it would leave a black/grey ring after a few days. It kept doing that. I assumed maybe there was something off with that filter, so when I bought these replacements I thought it might be different. I’ve only used one out of the pack, and it kept leaving a ring. Maybe that’s not a big deal though? Should I care? I use filtered water anyway, so I’m trying not using the carbon filter and just using the sponge. I assume the ring isn’t hurting my cat or anything(?) but it’s just kind of annoying.
Great value, multi-pack is very budget friendly. 12 cartridges is a wonderful find! Will be buying again.
Opened box of filters and 2 of the 4 are not sealed!! They leaked carbon all over the inside of the packaging. The other 2 are barely sealed, the covering is way off to the side and doesn't look safe. I have used these for years - I love my Drinkwell fountain and so do my cats. The price on these filters has gone up and the quality control no longer exists. I have seen other similar complaints that are recent - looks like they have a problem. What to do? Its the only filter that will fit!!
Great filters, great fountain!
I bought these for my Drinkwell Avalon water fountain. The cats love their fountain (I have had it for several years!) and I love the fact that they are drinking more water than if I just put down a water bowl. When I do periodic cleaning, they all sit around the mat, waiting for me to put it back and fill it. This is a great investment in their health!!
Black Dust Falling out of Filters
There is a lot of fine black dust falling out of these filters. I need to find a substitute for them that will fit.