Eheim Quick Vac Automatic Gravel Cleaner & Sludge Extractor
About This Item
- Fully submersible up to 3 feet.
- Simple to use—doesn’t require buckets or hoses.
- Super-fine mesh cartridge traps debris while remaining easy to clean.
- Easily removes particles from topmost layer of substrate without disturbing the bottom layer of gravel.
- Decreases the build-up of harmful toxins in your aquarium while reducing strain on your filter.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Marina Battery-Operated Air Pump for Aquariums$22.99Chewy Price
- Underwater Treasure Seapora Volt-Control Titanium Grounding Probe$12.99Chewy Price
- Danner Supreme Magnetic Drive Pump, 950-GPH$109.99Chewy Price
- Tetra Water Garden Pond Pump, 1900-gph$116.79Chewy Price$190.19List Price
- Pond Boss Waterfall Spillway$28.00Chewy Price
- DealPython Aquarium Maintenance System Replacement Faucet Pump$4.99Chewy Price$14.99List Price
- Aqueon Silicone 3-oz Aquarium Sealant, Clear$3.97Chewy Price$9.99List Price
- Aqueon Quietflow Submersible Aquarium Pump, Model 4000$52.25Chewy Price$129.99List Price
- Tetra Pond Tubing, 20-ft$12.99Chewy Price$25.69List Price
- Summit Mosquito Bits Larvae Control Granules, 8-oz pack$10.52Chewy Price$11.99List Price
- Simplicity 1000 DC Aquarium Pump$97.95Chewy Price
- JBJ Aquarium Accela Submersible Powerhead Fish Aquarium Pump, 266 GPH$24.98Chewy Price$29.99List Price
Compare Similar Items
|Fish Type||Tropical Freshwater, Marine Fish||Tropical Freshwater||Marine Fish, Tropical Freshwater||Marine Fish, Betta, Bottom Feeder...|
|Aquarium Type||Freshwater, Saltwater||Freshwater||Saltwater, Freshwater||Saltwater, Freshwater|
|Material||—||Plastic||Microfiber, Synthetic Fabric||—|
Questions & Answers
13 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
80 Customer Reviews
A good but slow tool
I like the product, easy to use, but could use a stronger pump.
This absolutely works
I read conflicting reviews about this product, but was willing to give it a try. I have to say I’m impressed. It cleaned out my 5 gallon tanks without and issue. I was able to get all the grime from the gravel- sucked it up enough to grab the gunk, not the gravel. Simple to clean too.
Only worked once, then stopped
I had my previous Eheim Quick Vac for about 7 years and loved it! I bought this one in May 2021 and the first time I used it I thought the suction was not as strong as my other one.....then it stopped working. I changed the batteries a couple different times but it won't run. :( Frustrating.... I have it now sitting on my husband's honey do list to try and fix. I would like to return or exchange for a working one, but I don't have the box.
Love this thing!
We love this vacuum for our 80 gal., 20 gal. and 10 gal. tanks. It's especially necessary for a larger tank, where siphoning just wouldn't get it all. Gives you all the time you need to get the gunk out of the gravel. We take out 25% of the water for a water change, then vacuum and refill. For a small tank we take off the extender tube at the end. The mesh dirt catcher/strainer rinses clean outside with the hose or in the utility tub. We actually ordered a backup in case anything ever happened to the one we have.
Don't waste your money
Great idea, but the battery powered motor is just not strong enough to pick up most waste. Stopped working completely on the 2nd time using it, changed the batteries.... nope still dead, cleaned the impellor.... nope still dead...... Called Chewy Customer Service and returned. I'll stick to my Python water change system from now on.
I like the brand but not this product
This product has some major design issues. A) the battery compartment in a submergible product should be better. B) If you lift it out of the aquarium you have a lot of water flaying around have a towel ready. C) If you lift it out also you will spill stuff back in the tank. D) if you have large fish like Oscars it will not suck in the poo because it is to heavy.
Best purchase...can not live without it!
We have a 10 gallon Marineland aquarium kit for our 7 year old. We love it. However siphoning was not good. We then tried the Eheim Quick Vac Gravel Cleaner. It really does the job! This vac is very well 111,764.78 made and has a 2 year warranty. It is important to put 4 quality AA batteries in it...not the batteries included. Also wrap silicone tape around the top of handle to prevent water that may get into battery compartment and damage the unit. This issue is not covered by the warranty.
Doesn't work for long.
It worked ok first time and now it doesn't such much up. Quit working after 3 uses. Very disappointing.
I’m wondering if I am using it wrong or what I feel like it takes an hour to clean the tiniest bit I have 2 turtles my waters looks great but every time I do a clean it fogs up and settles hence buying this product but I still got the dog up and couldn’t clean the gravel completely..does anyone else have this issue ?
Best thing I have found to keep my 50 gal tank algae and waste free in the gravel with weekly use and not have to siphon water out and add more. Been there done that. Time saver. Siphon and mesh container easily cleaned and stored.