Exo Terra Coco Husk Brick Tropical Terrarium Reptile Substrate
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Made from compressed coconut husk from the plantations of tropical Asia
- Ideal for increasing humidity in the terrarium and is totally safe for frogs, salamanders and burrowing or digging animals
- Increases humidity in terrariums and stimulates natural digging and burrowing behavior
- 100% natural substrate ideal for natural terrarium set-ups
- Absorbent and naturally bacterial and fungi resistant
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Exo Terra Forest Moss Tropical Terrarium Reptile Substrate, 7-qt, 2 count$6.87Chewy Price$10.99List Price$6.53Autoship Price
- Exo Terra Sand Mat Desert Terrarium Reptile Substrate, 11-in$12.49Chewy Price$15.99List Price$11.87Autoship Price
- Galapagos Jurassic Fir Bark Reptile Terrarium Bedding, 8-qt bag$12.99Chewy Price$12.34Autoship Price
- Exoticare Exotichip Organic Coconut Husk Chip Reptile Bedding, 2-lb bag$22.12Chewy Price$25.00List Price$21.01Autoship Price
- Exoticare Premium Bioactive Reptile Substrate, 2-lb bag$17.29Chewy Price$24.99List Price$16.43Autoship Price
- Galapagos Cypress Tank-Mulch Natural Cypress Reptile Bedding, 24-qt bag$29.99Chewy Price$33.99List Price$28.49Autoship Price
- Zoo Med Premium Repti Bark Natural Fir Reptile Bedding, 8-qt bag$10.68Chewy Price$20.99List Price$10.15Autoship Price
- Zilla Terrarium Liner, Brown, 40/50-gal$11.99Chewy Price$14.99List Price$11.39Autoship Price
- Exo Terra Desert Sand Terrarium Reptile Substrate, Red, 10-lb bag$15.99Chewy Price$15.19Autoship Price
- Zoo Med Forest Floor Natural Cypress Mulch Reptile Bedding, 8-qt bag$10.57Chewy Price$11.99List Price$10.04Autoship Price
- Zilla Terrarium Liner, Green, 40/50-gal$12.81Chewy Price$14.99List Price$12.17Autoship Price
- Exo Terra Jungle Earth Tropical Terrarium Reptile Substrate, 4-qt$8.85Chewy Price$9.99List Price$8.41Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Litter & Bedding Type||Coconut Fiber||Coconut Fiber||Coconut Fiber||Coconut Fiber||Coconut Fiber|
Questions & Answers
9 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
25 Customer Reviews
All fiber, no chunks
After hydrating the block, it was all fibers and very few chunks. I really hope this doesn't cause issues for our BP... dire need of a bedding change so I need to go with this.
Know the actual size of your pet BEFORE you purchase substrate.
My daughter and I prepared for weeks before purchasing her Pacman frog. The terrarium was set-up, succulents were planted, temperature and humidity were spot on, even the mealworms were alive and waiting. My daughter told me that a Pacman frog is about as big as my palm, and to make sure that I purchase substate large enough so that he/she can borrow. Which I did, and substrate was soaked, spread and misted each day until our new friend arrived. Turns out that a Pacman will grow to be the size of the palm of my hand!! Lol! Our gal or guy was only about 3/4” cube! New substrate ordered!! We’ll save the remaining bricks for when our frog is much bigger!
Not What I Thought
So, the fault may be mine in not knowing what the difference between husk & fiber? but this stuff did not work for my needs which was for my worms. It was 0 stars for that. Another brand was much better. The chunks are large and not at all like the stuff I was used to getting which was more like dirt. I would say it was considerably less broken down then what i thought & the worms dont even seem to break it down & they make everything disappear in short order. So anyone looking for worm substrate, this is the wrong kind.
AWESOME BUT UNDERSTAND THE SIZE
This is great when mixed with Coco soil and moss. Yes there are some big pieces but that's what you're getting. This isn't fine like Coco soil. If you want fine get that, if you want definition to your habitat, get this and mix it with soil and moss.
Overall a good choice!
This was my first time using compressed substrate and it absorbed SO quickly! It was very easy to do and the instructions were very clear. I just don't like how stringy it is. I wish it were more like chips because the stringy husk gets caught in my snakes' mouths a lot.
dirt from exo terra
this is a good product just a lot smaller then expected
coco husk brick
this did not absorb as much water as the more powdery coco product. it was much easier to break up though.
I have been ordering this coconut husk for about a year and a half and I have always loved it. It’s perfect for holding humidity in my ball python enclosure. However the bricks I just ordered were so stringy, with hardly any actual coconut husk chips. The chunks of husk that were in it are very big
Useful for planted terrariums
I don't use this straight for any of our reptiles, hermit crabs or amphibians because it is too chunky, but it is the perfect addition into soil mixes to offer aeration. Also great for protecting the base of plants! Have never had a bad brick, the quality has always been perfect.
Really Good Stuff
I don't forsee me ever using anything else. It holds humidity well and it is easy to just pick up the poop. I don't have to do full cleanings that often either. Just when it starts to smell, which is about every other month.