Exo Terra Forest Moss Tropical Terrarium Reptile Substrate, 7-qt, 2 count
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Get notified when this item is back in stock.
Compare Similar Items
|Litter & Bedding Type||Moss||Moss||Douglas Fir, Moss||Moss||Moss|
About This Item
- Real natural, compressed moss grown in tropical Asia without dyes or chemicals
- Ideal for amphibians and wetland environment reptiles and safe for frogs, salamanders and other burrowing or digging animals
- Recommended for use in humidifying shelters
- Extremely absorbent and also an ideal egg-laying or incubation medium
- Encourages burrowing and digging behaviors
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- DealExo Terra Desert Sand Terrarium Reptile Substrate, Red, 10-lb bag$15.99Chewy Price$15.19Autoship Price
- DealExo Terra Moss Mat Terrarium Reptile Substrate, 12-in$7.99Chewy Price$7.59Autoship Price
- DealExo Terra Sand Mat Desert Terrarium Reptile Substrate, 29.5-in$25.70Chewy Price$31.99List Price$24.41Autoship Price
- DealZilla Terrarium Liner, Brown, 20L/29-gal$8.99Chewy Price$10.99List Price$8.54Autoship Price
- DealExoticare Premium Bioactive Reptile Substrate, 2-lb bag$18.52Chewy Price$24.99List Price$17.59Autoship Price
- DealZilla Terrarium Liner, Green, 10-gal$7.49Chewy Price$8.99List Price$7.12Autoship Price
- DealZoo Med Eco Carpet, 50-gal$24.99Chewy Price
- DealZoo Med HydroBalls Lightweight Expanded Clay Terrarium Substrate, 2.5-lb$9.59Chewy Price$12.99List Price
- DealGalapagos Magnolia Terrarium Leaves, 4-qt bag$9.24Chewy Price$14.99List Price$8.78Autoship Price
- DealGalapagos Sphagnum Reptile, Amphibian & Insect Terrarium Moss, Fresh Green, 150 cubic inch bag$5.99Chewy Price$5.69Autoship Price
- DealExoticare Coco Husk Coir Reptile Bedding, 11-lb bag$29.58Chewy Price$29.99List Price$28.10Autoship Price
- DealExoticare Isocare Premium Isopod Reptile Substrate Mix, 2-lb bag$24.47Chewy Price$24.99List Price$23.25Autoship Price
Questions & Answers
21 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
52 Customer Reviews
After A Long Search...
I finally found the best priced moss on the market! There is enough moss in one of these two brick packs to easily do two 12 x 12 x 18 enclosures without skimping. After hydrating, the moss is fluffy and a pleasing color of dark browns, tans, greens and a little red. Use a bucket to hydrate because it keeps growing and growing until your bucket is completely full! Definately a bargain for high quality moss.
The fastest shipping ever, I received my order from chewy.com in less than 24 hours. I would definitely recommend that you give chewy.com a try for you first timers. Product is as described, and the price you can't beat. I found similar items in stores that were expensive but I found it cheaper on chewy.com thanks so much chewy for the great deal and for being such an easy company to deal with!!
Excellent moss substrate
I'm never disappointed in buying this for either my toads or ball pythons. It always helps with the shedding of skin.
Conveniently packaged moss.
I needed moss to help retain humidity in my anole terrarium, so got this. It does the job, and is clean and convenient. I was a little confused at first when I got this, as it says it's a 2 pack, but it was all wrapped in one packaging. There are indeed two separate bricks within, just not individually packaged. (Which I am totally fine with, due to less plastic waste. It just confused me at first, so I mention it in case someone else is confused. That way, maybe I can fix the confusion.)
mold starting to grow
i never used a product that molded before until i used this
Awesome, now listen!
It's brick of moss. All moisture has been taken out. Bathe the brick in water and you got great moss! It's not a bright color, but hello it isn't alive, so yeah it's not going to be bright green. It's not dusty, and if it is, you need to add more water. And to avoid mold, SQUEEZE OUT ALL EXCESS WATER. It shouldn't be soggy. I love this for my toads and frogs.
I’ve purchased it 3 times now. 2/3 times it has gotten moldy the day after hydration. Same kind of mold both times. I’d suspect that the moss at the factory is carrying spores. I most likely will not get this particular item again at least for a few years.
I'm half and half on this product..
At first I was like woah this is alot of moss..but then i was like it smells icky and made my geckos enclosure have this nasty musty smell which kinda sucks. But this stuff is great for shedding tropical geckos and holding in humidity so I guess im on the edge..try it for yourself!
Awesome moss topper substrate
I put this moss as a topper on coco substrate for my crested gecko to try and stop him from accidentally ingesting the substrate. It works great! Keeps the humidity in the tank high and does the job at helping him not ingest substrate. This package also comes with A LOT of moss, so you will be set for a while if you aren't using it as the base and as a topper instead.
Poor Quality Control
I had high hopes for this product- actually, that’s a bit of an exaggeration. I had reasonable standards for this product. I wasn’t expecting anything terrific, but I wanted what I asked for: 100% forest moss. I pulled apart some of the brick and was disappointed almost immediately. There were multiple hairs/fur fibers intertwined with the moss (of different textures and lengths but all light-colored). Stems of random plants are normally to be expected; no company is perfect. But whole sticks and stems from other random plants? Really? I guess I got what I paid for. There was even green plastic in there (which couldn’t have been from the packaging because there’s no green plastic on it).