Exo Terra Sun Glo Halogen Daylight Reptile Lamp
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- A broad-spectrum halogen bulb designed to emit a more natural light and higher amounts of UVA rays
- Reptiles need UVA light to stimulate activity, encourage natural foraging and aid in digestion. Regular light bulbs do not produce UVA and lack of it can cause illness and even death.
- Also offers an increased level of infrared penetration for optimal thermo-regulation
- Enriches animal coloration and stimulates breeding behavior through UVA ray
- Highly energy efficient, compact design (GU-10 fitting) with 4750 K color temperature
Halogen bulbs should not be touched with bare hands as the oils of the skin will significantly shorten the life of the bulb or cause it to shatter.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Zoo Med ReptiSun 10.0 UVB Compact Fluorescent Reptile Lamp, 26-Watt$46.99Chewy Price$44.64Autoship Price
- Zoo Med Nightlight Red Reptile Lamp, 60-Watt$10.49Chewy Price
- Exo Terra Swamp Basking Splash Proof Reptile Spot Lamp, 50-w bulb$21.71Chewy Price$25.99List Price
- Zoo Med ReptiSun 5.0 UVB Compact Fluorescent Reptile Lamp, 26-Watt$34.49Chewy Price$43.99List Price
- Zilla Desert Series Fluorescent Coil Bulb, 20 watts$34.99Chewy Price$49.99List Price
- Zilla Night Red Heat Incandescent Reptile Terrarium Lamp, 75-watt, bundle of 3$30.48Chewy Price$31.41List Price
- Exo Terra Infrared Basking Reptile Spot Lamp, 100-w bulb$19.99Chewy Price
- Zoo Med Nightlight Red Reptile Terrarium Bulb, 100-watt$15.99Chewy Price
- Zilla Light & Heat Mini Halogen Bulb for Reptile Terrariums, Night Red, 50 Watts$7.87Chewy Price$11.99List Price
- Zoo Med UVB + Heat Reptisun 5.0 26W UVB & Repti 100W Basking Spot Lamp Reptile Terrarium Combo Pack$28.99Chewy Price$41.99List Price
- Exo Terra Intense Basking Reptile Spot Lamp, 25-w bulb$5.67Chewy Price$7.49List Price$5.39Autoship Price
- Zilla Fixture Low Profile Dual G9 Reptile Terrarium Lamp Fixture$44.09Chewy Price
Compare Similar Items
Questions & Answers
20 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
27 Customer Reviews
Already Burnt Out
I bought the 150 W version and in less than 1 month it has already burnt out - super disappointing. I ended up having to put in the 100 W bulb from the other brand which is quite old but still going strong but my Beardie really needs 150 W so I'll probably have to order a new 150 W but I'm not sure if I just got a bad bulb or if this brand is garbage where it's the first time using it.
Like many of the other reviews, these bulbs just burn out too fast. I feel like i am spending $20 every couple of weeks on light bulbs. ugh
Worst Bulb Ever!
I've only had this a week and it totally cracked and broke this morning after being on for a couple hours. It's winter and super cold right now. I need heat more than ever and have to wait for shipping and these are not cheap! I am so upset right now. I don't live in a huge city to just drive and pick up a new one. Of course they won't let me upload a photo lol
WORST Bulbs Ever!
I bought one of these and it burnt out in a week so they sent me a replacement and it just went out again a week later! Horrible bulbs and for almost 30 bucks each they should be better. Nobody can afford a $30 bulb every week.
Burnt out too quickly
Burnt out too quickly (within a few weeks). I don't like it and wouldn't recommend.
2 weeks after the bulb arrived it has already blown out.
Right on time
I have nothing but great experiences and saved sone money meanwhile ...I will continue to use them to get my pets supplies from them.
Great for its 3 week life
This bulb was great for the whole 18 days that it worked. It’s on a recommended dimmer and off at night but still already stopped working today. It was working one second and blew the next
Get a dimmable par38 instead
I ordered this 100w thinking the 75w wasn't enough as I didn't have it dimmed to maintain temps. 2-3 weeks after having to dim slightly to maintain temps with the 100w, it is 10° too cool and not dimmed at all. I was hoping the quality of the bulb was reflected in the price and branding, unfortunately not the case.
Excellent reptile lighting
I switched to the Exo Terra halogen basking spot lamps from incandescent spot lamps about 2 years ago for my aquatic turtle. I have not bought these from Chewy yet, but these halogen spot lamps perform noticably better than the incandescents in light quality, heat intensity, energy efficiency and improved bulb life. I was able to switch to one "level" lower wattage in this line of halogen lamps (approx. heat equivalent: 75watt incandescent = 50 watt halogen) and get a slightly warmer basking spot surface temperature. I will keep buying these as long as I have reptiles and Im excited I can now get them here.