Exotic Nutrition Silent Runner Small Animal Exercise Wheel
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Sturdy wheel made of high-quality plastic for durability.
- Dual ball bearings create a noise-free wheel.
- Designed without a center axle to reduce the risk of your furbaby’s fur or tail getting trapped.
- Textured surface helps to maximize traction for little paws.
- Available in multiple colors and sizes for the perfect fit for your pal.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Kaytee Lava Ledge Small Animal Toy, Color Varies, 3 count$14.52Chewy Price$14.97List Price
- DealKaytee Silent Spinner Small Animal Exercise Wheel, Regular$16.99Chewy Price$20.99List Price
- Oxbow Enriched Life Rolly Teaser Small Animal Toy$19.19Chewy Price$23.99List Price
- DealOxbow Play Post Small Animal Toy$17.59Chewy Price$21.99List Price
- DealOxbow Enriched Life Timothy Star Dish Small Animal Toy$5.99Chewy Price
- DealOxbow Enriched Life Play Wall Small Animal Toy, Large$20.99Chewy Price
- DealOxbow Enriched Life Treasure Barrel Small Pet Chew Toy$8.49Chewy Price
- Oxbow Enriched Life Wood Disk Dangler Small Animal Toy$4.39Chewy Price$5.99List Price
- DealOxbow Enriched Life Apple Stick Bouquet Small Animal Toy$5.69Chewy Price$5.99List Price
- DealOxbow Enriched Life Timothy Apple Slice Small Animal Toy$4.79Chewy Price$5.99List Price
- Oxbow Animal Health Enriched Life 2 in 1 Quiet Runner Small Animal Toy, 10-in$25.59Chewy Price$31.99List Price
- DealOxbow Enriched Life Timothy Carrot Lollipop Small Pet Chew Toy$5.69Chewy Price$5.99List Price
Compare Similar Items
|Small Pet Type||Hamster, Rat, Sugar Glider||Hamster, Gerbil||Rat, Chinchilla, Hedgehog||Gerbil, Hamster, Mouse||Rat, Chinchilla, Hedgehog|
|Material||Plastic||Plastic||Plastic||Plastic||Coated Metal, Metal|
|Toy Type||Exercise Wheels & Balls||Exercise Wheels & Balls||Exercise Wheels & Balls||Exercise Wheels & Balls||Exercise Wheels & Balls|
Questions & Answers
31 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
251 Customer Reviews
Really poor quality, plastic is super thin and flexes while my chinchilla tries to run on it, it also falls apart multiple times a day, the little plastic bracket that holds the running platform of the wheel comes off after he runs on it for a few minutes. Not worth the money
Not what I thought
The wheel is very easy to assemble, but is definitely not silent. The stand isn’t very sturdy and the wheel likes to tip if the animal runs too hard. Needs to be wider for a chinchilla. This wheel would be good for a temporary one. Also not chew proof!
decent wheel but not the best out there
I own the 12” wheel for a Syrian hamster I bought this wheel September 4th of 2020 so I’m coming up on my second year with this wheel, so as much as I’m about to tear into this wheel, I can at least say it does last a long time. Currently it still has no issues. This was the first hamster wheel I ever ordered so naturally I was very excited to have something large enough for my big boy and something said to be quiet, and well, it definitely is large enough but it’s just sort of quiet. If you place the wheel too close to the edge of your cage (bin or tank… anything with walls) it wobbles and slaps into the sides making loud clanking noises. And well, yes this could be fixed by just moving the wheel but it’s extremely tedious to constantly be moving the wheel back into a place where it won’t be hitting the walls, because this isn’t just a one time thing you’re going to encounter, the wheel wobbles every time your hamster runs on it and the wheel shifts due to this. But it is *technically* a silent wheel other than this. One of the most annoying things for me though is the extremely small amount of space given between the stand and the wheel itself, this isn’t an issue if you have a wire cage, but if you have a tank or bin it is. You have to sacrifice the amount of bedding provided to your hamster in order to fit the wheel in. This is one of the main reasons why I do not recommend this wheel for hamster parents. There are wheels in similar price ranges that allow for more customization. Not to mention this wheel is a pain to clean, taking it apart and putting it back together every time you want to clean it is a lot more than a simple rinse with other wheels.
great at first
This wheel was great at first. Very quiet. But after a few cleanings it started to make this weird metal noise. I could not figure out where it was coming from. It would keep me up at night.
I'm obsessed with these wheels. I have three, one for each of my hams. They're super silent and very tough. I've had one ever since I first started keeping hamsters. They're unlike other brands of wheels that become squeaky over time. Also, a bonus: if you lose a part like I did, Exotic Nutrition sells replacement parts on their website. Very handy!
i honestly do not recommend this at all
When I was first looking at this wheel, I just ignore all of the bad reviews and trust that it would be a good product, but it was not. The first maybe two weeks my Syrian ran on this wheel it was pretty silent. But then it started to get very loose and even after tightening it would sit at an angle and bang against the metal stand because of how tilted it was. It has woken me up multiple times almost every single night. This is honestly a terrible product and I would not recommend if you have a Syrian.
Sorrel’s favorite pastime is to organize her things, so she immediately came to check on what goody the human left for her this time. It’s been 45 minutes and she’s still running!
MEH WHEEL :l :(
I highly recommend this wheel ( the 8 in) for smaller hamsters than a syrian. it is super silent, except its base is NOT sturdy. perhaps if you taped it down or had it sitting on a flat surface it would be, but it wiggles and rocks when my fat Syrian tries to run on it. but maybe if i got the bigger size it wouldn't be. it's a little pricy in my opinion.
Have gone thru 2 of them now. The plastic is very weak and easily damageable. Unless you know your animals don’t chew at all don’t get these styles
Great for Syrian Hamsters
Purchased for my male Syrian hamster after he outgrew his 10" wheel and he loves it. Nearly silent! Just wish the plastic was higher quality - if you have a female hamster or use it for young rats, it will likely be chewed through. Metal base is very nice as well!