Family Dog: A Simple & Time-Proven Method
About This Item
Read your way to the perfect family pet with Family Dog: A Simple and Time-Proven Method. This bestselling training guide by legendary trainer Richard A. Wolters offers a step-by-step method for completely training your dog in just 16 weeks—regardless of breed or age. Whether you’re 6 or 60, you can learn to train your dog quickly and effectively, and it takes just minutes per day.
In this book you’ll discover how to choose the right dog for your family and lifestyle; the fundamentals of training, from housebreaking to basic commands; the key to your dog’s healthy mental development, and the benefits of play and relaxation. It also guides you through your dog’s first critical growth periods; teaches you the language of dogs; gives tips on grooming; shares advice on children and dogs; gives the best diet advice, and more. Fully illustrated with more than 200 photographs that systematically take you through every phase of training, it truly takes the frustration out of training to quickly start enjoying the dog that you’ve always wanted.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- A Street Cat Named Bob: & How He Saved My Life$8.68Chewy Price$15.99List Price
- Keller's Heart$9.99Chewy Price$12.99List Price
- What's My Dog Thinking?$11.21Chewy Price$17.99List Price
- 101 Ground Training Exercises for Every Horse & Handler$21.99Chewy Price$29.95List Price
- The Dogist Puppies$4.80Chewy Price$24.95List Price
- AMNH Birds of North America Eastern$18.49Chewy Price$19.99List Price
- Sibley Backyard Birding Puzzle$14.26Chewy Price$19.99List Price
- 101 Uses For A Lab$10.99Chewy Price$14.95List Price
- 101 Uses For A Bulldog$14.95Chewy Price
- Three Dog Bakery Cookbook$16.12Chewy Price$19.99List Price
- 97 Ways to Make a Cat Like You$2.65Chewy Price
Compare Similar Items
|Author||Richard A. Wolters||Richard A. Wolters||Kyra Sundance|
|Publication Date||Feb 1, 1999||Sep 24, 1964||Jun 1, 2009|
|Publisher||Penguin Random House||Penguin Random House||Quarto Publishing|
Questions & Answers
1 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
4 Customer Reviews
Well written with photographs for training starting at an early age
I’m sure a lot of dogs have been trained this way, but time moves on and these methods are definitely dated. If you’re a first time dog owner I’d look elsewhere.
Read this book BEFORE you get your dog!
It's basically a good book and learning tool..... But read the book before you get your dog.....
Recommended by Vet
This book was recommended by my Vet. He warned me that it was dated but thought highly of the techniques. Seems like it takes too long to make a point on each topic.