Farnam Equi Aid Natural Psyllium Fiber Apple/Molasses Flavor Powder Horse Supplement, 20-lb bucket
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Get notified when this item is back in stock.
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Psyllium Husk, Artificial Flavors, Mineral Oil...||Psyllium Seed Husk, Wheat Middlings, Natural And Artificial Flavors...||Active Ingredients: Psyllium Husk., Inactive Ingredients: Apple Flavoring....||Distillers Dried Grains With Solubles, Calcium Carbonate, Brewers Dried Yeast...||Active Ingredients: Ascorbic Acid 440mg, MSM 280mg, Apple Pectin 56mg...|
|Health Feature||Digestive Health||Digestive Health||Digestive Health||Digestive Health||Digestive Health|
|Food Flavor||Apple, Molasses, Fruits & Vegetables, Herbs & Spices||Apple, Molasses, Fruits & Vegetables, Herbs & Spices||Apple, Fruits & Vegetables||—||—|
|Special Diet||—||—||—||—||Flax-Free, Grain-Free, No Corn No Wheat No Soy|
About This Item
- All Natural, 99% Psyllium Seed Husk With 1% Flavoring.
- The all-natural psyllium seed husks offer a healthy source of fiber.
- Has a tasty apple and molasses flavoring for palatability.
- Helps increase bulk and soften stool for easy digestion.
- Helps remove sand from your horse’s ventral colon and may even help reduce the possibility of digestive colic.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Kentucky Equine Research Triacton Bone & Digestive Health Support Pellets Horse Supplement, 11-lb bucket$68.94Chewy Price$65.49Autoship Price
- BioEZ Digestive Optimizer Apple Flavor Powder Horse Supplement, 8-oz tub$14.41Chewy Price$15.95List Price$13.69Autoship Price
- BioEZ VF Digestive Optimizer Flowers & Herbs Flavor Gel Paste Horse Supplement, 80cc syringe$26.97Chewy Price$27.97List Price$25.62Autoship Price
- Silver Lining Herbs Liver Support Powder Horse Supplement, 1-lb bag$67.47Chewy Price$82.97List Price$64.10Autoship Price
- Silver Lining Herbs Feet & Bone Support Powder Horse Supplement, 1-lb bag$63.87Chewy Price$78.97List Price$60.68Autoship Price
- Silver Lining Herbs Respiratory Support Powder Horse Supplement, 1-lb bag$67.47Chewy Price$82.97List Price$64.10Autoship Price
- Cavalor Hepatoliq Liver & Kidney Support Liquid Horse Supplement, 250-mL bottle$39.99Chewy Price$37.99Autoship Price
- Cavalor Take It Easy Calming Paste Horse Supplement, 60-cc tube, 6 count$21.99Chewy Price$20.89Autoship Price
- Cavalor Calm Calming Powder Horse Supplement, 800-gram tub$70.99Chewy Price$67.44Autoship Price
- Hyaluronex Joint Support Liquid Horse Supplement, 128-oz bottle$249.95Chewy Price$237.45Autoship Price
- Vitalize Digest More Plus Pellets Horse Supplement, 10-lb bag$48.34Chewy Price$45.92Autoship Price
- Kentucky Equine Research Restore SR Slow-Release Electrolyte Powder Horse Supplement, 9.9-lb bucket$59.80Chewy Price$60.95List Price$56.81Autoship Price
Questions & Answers
2 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
9 Customer Reviews
horses don't eat it
I have been using the pellets for close to 20 years and really like them. I could not get the pellets last time so ordered the power. Of 5 horses only 1 would eat the powder and it is very messy. The pellets are definitely the way to go.
This is the first time I have used a powder and will be the last time. Too messy and the horses did not like it. It sticks to feeders I use and if the flip it over there is no picking it up :(
Seems to work
We live in an area with very sandy soil. My horses are on this 9 months out of the year and it seems to do the trick.
Free and fast shipping
The price is competitive and the thing I like most is how fast it ships (for free!), usually 1 to 3 days. I meant to order pellets but mistakenly ordered powder. I love the Equi Aid pellets.
I should have read the description more closely. It’s a powder formula which I have never fed before, always used a pellet form. It’s messy and goes to the bottom of the feed bucket. I’ve tried to lightly spray the grain I mix it with, with water but I don’t care for the extra step and I’m very concerned I could cause a choke by adding water, to my two horses and rescue donkey. Stick with the pellet formulas! My attempt for a bargain back fired on me but I should have slowed down and read the description of the product closer. I would appreciate any input from others using this formula. Presently I would not recommend this product. We love using Chewy and purchase all our pet food and supplies from them. We have 3 dogs, 2 cats, 2 horses and one funny donkey.
Excellent Additive to Feed
This is the real deal. It is easy to add to feed, the scoop is included. My horses were spurious about the additive in their feed at first, but, by the second day they decided they liked it. My only complaint is for my inattention to detail...I bought the powder, which works very well, instead of the pellets. Even though I prefer the pellets, I'm glad I bought the powder, because now I know its available, that I have another choice if I need it, and the horses love it.
My two newest horses are hoovers, vacuuming up every last bit of anything on the ground, and I have sandy soil. My vet recommended I use a daily psyllium rather than the once-a-month protocol. Offers some peace of mind against the dreaded colic, but of course nothing is a guarantee! One of my horses wouldn't eat it at first, but came around. Easy to top dress on daily supplements. I usually buy my horse supplements elsewhere but I love using Chewy for my cad/dog needs. Very happy to have made the switch. Price competitive and great shipping.
Chewy has the best price and shipping is quick on this product! Have used Equi-aid for years.
My horses don't like the taste
This seems like a great product, but my horses don't want to eat it without something tasty added.