FirstMate Large Breed Limited Ingredient Diet Grain-Free Pacific Ocean Fish Meal Formula Dry Dog Food, 28.6-lb bag
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Single source novel protein diet with wild herring, eliminates the risk of allergies derived from chicken. A great hypoallergenic formula
- Grain-free recipe is for a simple, easily digestible meal that’s ideal for rotation or elimination diets
- Large bite size for controlled eating for larger dogs, with ideal protein & fat levels carefully formulated to provide proper calorie intake for large dogs
- Glucosamine to aid in joint health, omega 3 and 6 fatty acids for healthy skin and coat
- Made in Canada with the best ingredient quality available
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- DealEvolve Deboned Grain-Free Duck, Sweet Potato & Venison Recipe Dry Dog Food, 11-lb bag$32.00Chewy Price$32.99List Price$30.40Autoship Price
- Lotus Oven-Baked Grain-Free Turkey Recipe Dry Dog Food, 4-lb bag$27.49Chewy Price
- DealAnnamaet Original Option Formula Dry Dog Food, 5-lb bag$18.99Chewy Price$18.04Autoship Price
- DealTriumph Free Spirit Grain-Free Deboned Salmon & Sweet Potato Recipe Dry Dog Food, 26-lb bag$56.99Chewy Price$54.14Autoship Price
- DealAvoDerm Advanced Sensitive Support Lamb Formula Grain-Free Small Breed Adult Dry Dog Food, 4-lb bag$14.50Chewy Price$20.99List Price$13.77Autoship Price
- ACANA Meadowland Grain-Free Dry Dog Food, 4.5-lb bag$23.99Chewy Price$22.79Autoship Price
- DealWysong Synorgon Dry Dog Food, 5-lb bag$10.49Chewy Price$11.89List Price$9.97Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Potato, Pacific Ocean Fish Meal, Tomato Pomace...||Potato, Lamb Meal, Tomato Pomace...||Chicken Meal, Burbank Potato, Norkotah Potato...||Deboned Chicken, Chicken Meal (source of Glucosamine), Turkey Meal (source of Chondroitin Sulfate)...||Potato, Pacific Ocean Fish Meal, Tomato Pomace...|
|Special Diet||Sensitive Digestion, Grain-Free, Limited Ingredient Diet...||Sensitive Digestion, Limited Ingredient Diet, Grain-Free...||Sensitive Digestion, Limited Ingredient Diet, Grain-Free...||Grain-Free, No Corn No Wheat No Soy, Gluten Free...||Sensitive Digestion, Grain-Free, Limited Ingredient Diet...|
|Health Feature||Digestive Health, Sensitive Skin||Digestive Health, Sensitive Skin||Urinary Tract Health, Digestive Health||N/A, Digestive Health, Immune Support...||Digestive Health, Sensitive Skin|
|Breed Size||Large Breeds, Giant Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Large Breeds, Giant Breeds||Extra Small Breeds, Small Breeds|
|Food Flavor||Seafood & Fish||Lamb, Meat||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Turkey, Poultry||Seafood & Fish|
Questions & Answers
6 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
16 Customer Reviews
I’ve used First Mate for 5 years now. My dogs like it. Over time they want a change in flavor, this was the latest shift and they are happy.
No Roundup in my babies food!
The main reason I started using FirstMate was because they don’t use Roundup in Canada so it won’t be found in any of the ingredients. Anything I can do to prevent cancer that killed my last dog.
Recommended and dog loves it
My dog is a picky eater - to the point where she'd lost weight. A pet shop in Tahoe recommended this brand, partly because it offers a number of different flavors, which I need to rotate and keep the dog's interest. The kibble is a nice size, even in the flavors where it's not labelled "large breed".
Our dogs absolutely loved this food! The ingredients seem to be of great quality. It's great for dogs who are allergic to a lot of different things. We highly recommend it.
Excellent food to train with
I am in love with the kibble size of this food. We are always looking for an alternative food with large dime size kibble and so far we have found Earthborn Large Breed which we use for 8-10 week old puppies and First Mate Large Breed, which we start using as soon as the pups are old enough to eat it with our own dogs. One of my dogs has always had a dry coat and this food finally brought some shine into him. We will continue to buy this food for our training sessions.
Bernese Mtn Dog
We have an 8 month old Bernese Mountain dog, who we never thought would get settled on a food. We tried many different brands and proteins, and Roxie either wouldn't eat it or it would upset her belly. We got her settled on First Mate Pacific Large breed quickly! She no longer has any more stomach troubles, she gobbles her whole bowl up, and she's starting to grow into a much bigger/healthier pup!
Weimaraner Loves It
My 5yr weim has always had a healthy looking coat but I'm shocked by how her coat is extra shiny after being on this diet. Kibble size is perfect for her and helps her slow down when she eats. Highly recommend this food
Excellent for a dog with severe allergies
My dog has severe environmental allergies and this formula has done wonders for him. Thank you for making it!!
to big for treats
Since I never would feed kibble to a dog I certainly would ot recommend it. And for my planned use to use it as treats the pieces are way to large...
Great on the Ears!
Our Golden (10 yrs young) has had allergies her entire life and we have struggled with food that would not cause ear flare ups. So far FirstMate has been terrific. She's been eating this for about 3 weeks and loves it! Better yet, FirstMate loves her!