FirstMate Limited Ingredient Diet Grain-Free Pacific Ocean Fish Meal Formula Dry Dog Food
Get notified when this item is back in stock.
Compare Similar Items
|Price Per Unit|
|Top Ingredients||Ocean Fish Meal, Burbank Potato, Norkotah Potato...||Potato, Pacific Ocean Fish Meal, Tomato Pomace...||Chicken Meal, Burbank Potato, Norkotah Potato...||Menhaden Fish Meal, Peas, Potatoes...||Potato, Lamb Meal, Tomato Pomace...|
|Special Diet||Sensitive Digestion, Grain-Free, Limited Ingredient Diet...||Sensitive Digestion, Grain-Free, Limited Ingredient Diet...||Sensitive Digestion, Limited Ingredient Diet, Grain-Free...||Grain-Free, No Corn No Wheat No Soy, High-Protein||Sensitive Digestion, Limited Ingredient Diet, Grain-Free...|
|Health Feature||Digestive Health, Sensitive Skin||Digestive Health, Sensitive Skin||Urinary Tract Health, Digestive Health||Skin & Coat Health, Hip & Joint Support, Heart Care||Digestive Health, Sensitive Skin|
|Breed Size||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Large Breeds, Giant Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds|
|Food Flavor||Seafood & Fish||Seafood & Fish||Chicken, Poultry||Turkey, Venison, Poultry, Meat, Seafood & Fish||Lamb, Meat|
About This Item
- Single source protein diet with wild herring, eliminates the risk of allergies derived from chicken. A great hypoallergenic formula
- Grain-free recipe is for a simple, easily digestible meal that’s ideal for rotation or elimination diets
- Rich in omega 3 and 6 fatty acids, promoting healthy skin and a shiny coat
- Wheat-free, corn-free recipe, a wonderful choice for dogs prone to food sensitivities
- Made in Canada with the best ingredient quality available
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- DealDr. Tim's Salmon & Pork Grain-Free RPM Formula Dry Dog Food, 30-lb bag$90.04Chewy Price$101.09List Price$85.54Autoship Price
- DealCANIDAE Grain-Free PURE Limited Ingredient Wild Boar & Garbanzo Bean Recipe Dry Dog Food, 24-lb bag$70.32Chewy Price$74.99List Price$66.80Autoship Price
- DealWellness Grain-Free Complete Health Adult Lamb & Lamb Meal Recipe Dry Dog Food, 24-lb bag$69.98Chewy Price$72.99List Price$66.48Autoship Price
- DealZignature Venison Limited Ingredient Formula With Probiotics Dry Dog Food, 4-lb bag$20.99Chewy Price$19.94Autoship Price
- DealAmerican Natural Premium Sensitive Care Dry Dog Food, 33-lb bag$71.77Chewy Price$68.18Autoship Price
- DealCANIDAE Grain-Free PURE Limited Ingredient Lamb & Pea Recipe Dry Dog Food, 4-lb bag$19.37Chewy Price$19.99List Price$18.40Autoship Price
- DealFirstMate Skoki Dry Dog Food, 40-lb bag$63.59Chewy Price
- DealCANIDAE Grain-Free PURE Healthy Weight Limited Ingredient Chicken & Pea Recipe Dry Dog Food, 12-lb bag$42.63Chewy Price$42.99List Price$40.50Autoship Price
- DealDr. Tim's Highly Athletic Momentum Formula Dry Dog Food, 18-lb bag$63.59Chewy Price$60.41Autoship Price
Questions & Answers
14 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
39 Customer Reviews
Firstmate Fish Small Bites is the ONLY food my Border terrier can eat. I’ve tried so many foods and everything else gives him loose stools and a sour belly. Love love love this food.
I usually get the Firstmate limited ingredient lamb dog food for my frenchies with allergies. They were out of stock so I thought I would try the Ocean Fish flavor. My fur babies went bonkers over this flavor. They free feed and take turns eating. When I put this one in their dish there were 3 heads in there munching away. They are back to taking turns' but its s definite winning flavor.
Jury's still out
So, the jury is still out on this food:FirstMate Ocean Fish Grain Free Original kibble. My 9 month old standard poodle has had a sensitive gut since we got him and we've been trying to find a kibble that doesn't cause soft stool. He's been fully switched to this formula for 1 week now. Pros: Puppy loves this food! I love the simple, limited ingredients. No peas, legumes, flaxseed, or probiotics. Cons: puppy's stool is still not 100%, 100% of the time. He has solid stool at times, then other times still soft-formed. I just purchased a large bag and am going to give it some more time and am hopeful with time, his gut will stabilize on this food! I would still recommend this food to others as a great elimination diet food to try! I would've given 4.5 stars if possible!
Fish Veggie Dog Kibble
At our house, we love First Mate fish and veggie kibble so much we even feed it as treats to our doggies, Emma and Maggie. Great quality!
This brand is amazing! The pacific ocean fish meat are my two french bulldog’s favorite! I have seen a huge improvement in their skin and coat. They no longer have dry skin and no more flakey skin on the coat! YAY!!
Changed my English bulldog’s skin and coat!!!!
I saw another user recommend this food for his bulldog and mentioned that it helped his dog’s skin and coat improve and get rid of red yeast around the mouth etc! The same happened for my English bulldog. She is gorgeous but was having allergies and had reddish discoloration around her vulva and mouth. She was also starting to gnaw on her paws. My vet recommended a food with a single source protein (non chicken or beef) and after reading reviews, I switched to this food. Her coat is beautiful now and she doesn’t gnaw at her paws anymore. So happy I tried this brand!
My bella loves this food more than anything we had her on.
My dog doesn’t like the dog food
My dog eats everything and he refuses to eat this food
No more stink
We switched to First Mate from another brand in a search for a high quality food that did not cause stinky gas/poop or feed yeast that sometimes grows in bulldogges wrinkles and paws. This is the best food. When our puppy has an accident in the house, we often don't even realize until we actually see it because there is no stink.
No more skin and digestive problems
Highly recommend this food! My Greater Swiss Mountain Dog had digestive problems and skin problems. He was on a ZD prescription dog food and also needed medicine to control his problems. After 3 months on this food, the skin and digestive problems are gone. Now no medicines, and no expensive prescription dog food. I highly recommend this dog food.