FirstMate Small Bites Limited Ingredient Diet Grain-Free Chicken Meal with Blueberries Formula Dry Dog Food
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Small bites recipe perfect for small breeds, single source protein, ideal for dogs with allergies or digestion problems
- Grain-free recipe with free run chicken
- 84% protein, 16% vegetables, and 0% grains in this recipe that’s great for all life stages
- Mix of blueberries, raspberries and cranberries increase palatability, offer benefits of antioxidants such as a healthier immune system, urinary tract, better eyesight and memory function, help to prevent illness, and act as a nutritional source of dietary fiber
- Made in Canada with the best ingredient quality available
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Solid Gold Barking at the Moon High Protein Grain-Free Beef, Eggs & Peas Dry Dog Food, 4-lb bag$16.99Chewy Price$19.99List Price$16.14Autoship Price
- PetKind Tripe Dry Grain-Free Green Tripe & Bison Formula Dry Dog Food, 25-lb bag$86.99Chewy Price$82.64Autoship Price
- I and Love and You Nude Food Grain-Free Poultry Palooza Dry Dog Food, 23-lb bag$58.99Chewy Price$64.99List Price$56.04Autoship Price
- American Natural Premium Chicken-Free Lamb & Rice Dry Dog Food, 12-lb bag$48.31Chewy Price$45.89Autoship Price
- Wishbone Ocean Grain-Free Dry Dog Food, 12-lb bag$36.95Chewy Price$41.99List Price$35.10Autoship Price
- Merrick Classic Healthy Grains Dry Dog Food Real Lamb + Brown Rice Recipe with Ancient Grains, 4-lb bag$24.98Chewy Price$23.73Autoship Price
- Blackwood 3000 Lamb Meal & Brown Rice Recipe Everyday Diet Dry Dog Food, 5-lb bag$11.99Chewy Price$14.99List Price$11.39Autoship Price
- Horizon Pulsar Grain-Free Salmon Recipe Dry Dog Food, 25-lb bag$64.99Chewy Price$65.99List Price
- Solid Gold Sun Dancer Grain-Free Chicken & Tapioca Recipe with Quinoa Dry Dog Food, 24-lb bag$54.99Chewy Price$62.99List Price$52.24Autoship Price
- Caru Real Pork Stew Grain-Free Wet Dog Food, 12.5-oz, case of 12$59.88Chewy Price$56.89Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Potato, Chicken Meal, Chicken Fat (Preserved with Mixed Tocopherols)...||Chicken Meal, Burbank Potato, Norkotah Potato...||Potato, Pacific Ocean Fish Meal, Tomato Pomace...||Potato, Lamb Meal, Tomato Pomace...||Potato, Lamb Meal, Tomato Pomace...|
|Special Diet||Sensitive Digestion, Grain-Free, Limited Ingredient Diet...||Sensitive Digestion, Limited Ingredient Diet, Grain-Free...||Sensitive Digestion, Grain-Free, Limited Ingredient Diet...||Sensitive Digestion, Grain-Free, Limited Ingredient Diet...||Sensitive Digestion, Limited Ingredient Diet, Grain-Free...|
|Health Feature||Urinary Tract Health, Digestive Health||Urinary Tract Health, Digestive Health||Digestive Health, Sensitive Skin||Digestive Health, Sensitive Skin||Digestive Health, Sensitive Skin|
|Breed Size||Extra Small & Toy Breeds, Small Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Extra Small Breeds, Small Breeds||Extra Small & Toy Breeds, Small Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds|
|Food Flavor||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Seafood & Fish||Lamb, Meat||Lamb, Meat|
|Food Form||Dry Food||Dry Food||Dry Food||Dry Food||Dry Food|
Questions & Answers
6 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
23 Customer Reviews
This company understands LTD Ingredient
I have looked at and purchased more dog foods than I ever imagined would have been the case. But anyone with a dog with allergies knows that deal. Search and search, trying to find something with LIMITED ingredients. Many say they are, but are, NOT, inevitably containing something that easily escapes the breadth of your allergy panel. This food has one protein and one carb. Chicken. Potatoes. My 4 year old Schnauzer eats it and is doing better than he ever has. Even with immunotherapy and medication he has never done this well. Please keep making this, and don't be tempted to throw random ingredients in. Because sometimes, this is a dog's only commercial dog food fit. Thank you.
He likes it!
My dog is allergic to many foods. The vet gave us a list of foods that would be good for him. We tried two that he would not eat. First Mate Small Bites Fish and potato was also on the list. He ate it. I also ordered the Chicken with Blueberries to give him a little variety. He gobbled it down! I’m happy that we found it.
Best ever food
My dog has so many allergies that it was difficult to even find a dog food that she could eat. At first I bought the large kibble but then found after they started eating it that there was a small kibble. My dogs love both but the smaller is better because of their size.
Not good, my little dog does not like.
I had high hopes for this dog food for my 8 year old Maltese. She will have nothing to do with it. Even moistened she runs away from it. Not good for her at all, maybe other dogs like it but not our little girl. We will need to try some other brand.
Great food. Just wish the price was better.
I really like the fact that the dog food consists of "small bites". I've bought other kibble made for small dogs, but the kibble still seemed too big. My dog is a 10 pound senior and her teeth are not great, so this small kibble makes it easier for her to chew. The only downside is this food is pricey and I'm not sure I'm going to be able to keep her on it long-term.
My little 10lb picky dog loves this food! It has helped his skin and teeth and he will eat the whole bowl. Usually it takes him a long time to finish his food, sometimes days, but this stuff he loves!
Our little dog loves this food, and I don't need to wet the bits for him to eat.
I always feed highly-rated, quality food and try and stay up on those ratings. My older doxie was having some constipation issues so I spoke with my food store person and she recommended changing to FirstMate because the protein in the food I was using was largely plant derived where here it's meat-based. Did the trick. All I feed now. Worth a try. Note it comes in small bites and regular.
Good food but INCORRECT SODIUM content stated
I got this food for my little dog that has food sensitivities because is doesn’t have a lot of ambiguous ingredients & she needs a relatively low sodium content. Be aware that the SODIUM CONTENT IS INCORRECT in answer to a question is incorrectly stated as 0.15% which would be around 40 mg per 100 kcal. This is not correct for an “as fed” or % of dry mater. I contacted First Mate & was told the sodium content is 84 mg per 100 kcal. BIG difference. Still not that high considering other foods.
Have picky pups
Mine are picky..... need to find a sourced and made in America small kibble that has visable fruit n veggies in it