FirstMate Weight Control Limited Ingredient Diet Senior Grain-Free Pacific Ocean Fish Meal Formula Dry Dog Food
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Single source, novel protein & single source carbohydrate, eliminates the risk of allergies derived from chicken. A great hypoallergenic formula
- Reduced calorie formula, ideal for seniors, less active dogs, or overweight pups
- Grain-free recipe for a simple, easily digestible meal that’s ideal for rotation or elimination diets
- Glucosamine to aid in joint health, added after the cooking process to ensure viability. Omega 3 and 6 fatty acids for healthy skin and coat
- Made in Canada with the best ingredient quality available
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- DealCANIDAE Grain-Free PURE Healthy Weight Limited Ingredient Chicken & Pea Recipe Dry Dog Food, 12-lb bag$42.63Chewy Price$42.99List Price$40.50Autoship Price
- Merrick Classic Healthy Grains Dry Dog Food Real Lamb + Brown Rice Recipe with Ancient Grains, 25-lb bag$73.98Chewy Price$70.28Autoship Price
- DealWellness Grain-Free Complete Health Adult Lamb & Lamb Meal Recipe Dry Dog Food, 24-lb bag$69.98Chewy Price$72.99List Price$66.48Autoship Price
- DealHorizon Complete Senior Weight Management Dry Dog Food, 8.8-lb bag$22.99Chewy Price
- DealCANIDAE Grain-Free PURE Limited Ingredient Lamb & Pea Recipe Dry Dog Food, 24-lb bag$72.43Chewy Price$74.99List Price$68.81Autoship Price
- DealDr. Gary's Best Breed Holistic Senior Reduced Calorie Dry Dog Food, 4-lb bag$14.99Chewy Price$14.24Autoship Price
- Merrick Classic Healthy Grains Real Beef + Brown Rice Recipe with Ancient Grains Adult Dry Dog Food, 4-lb bag$24.98Chewy Price$23.73Autoship Price
- DealHalo Holistic Grain Free Turkey, Turkey Liver, & Duck Dog Food Recipe Healthy Weight Adult Dry Dog Food Bag, 21-lb bag$84.99Chewy Price$89.99List Price$80.74Autoship Price
- DealNutro Natural Choice Adult Venison Meal & Brown Rice Recipe Dry Dog Food, 30-lb bag$88.98Chewy Price$84.53Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Price Per Unit|
|Top Ingredients||Potato, Pacific Ocean Fish Meal, Tomato Pomace...||Silver Carp, Turkey Meal, Green Peas...||Turkey Meal, Peas, Tapioca Flour...||Chicken, Chicken Meal, Sweet Potatoes...||Lamb Meal, Peas, Tapioca Flour...|
|Special Diet||Sensitive Digestion, Grain-Free, Limited Ingredient Diet...||Grain-Free, No Corn No Wheat No Soy, Non-GMO...||Grain-Free, Weight Control||Gluten Free, Grain-Free, No Corn No Wheat No Soy||Grain-Free|
|Health Feature||Digestive Health||Brain Health||Skin & Coat Health||Digestive Health, Immune Support, Vitamins & Minerals||Skin & Coat Health, Hip & Joint Support, Immune Support|
|Breed Size||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds|
|Food Flavor||Seafood & Fish||Turkey, Poultry, Seafood & Fish||Turkey, Poultry||Chicken, Sweet Potato, Poultry, Fruits & Vegetables||Lamb, Meat|
Questions & Answers
19 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
39 Customer Reviews
I've been using this food for DECADES! Our Akitas have thrived on this and will not change to anything else. Plus, Canadian Dog Food Standards significantly surpass USA Standards...
So far so good
I have a highly allergic senior giant breed dog. At first we thought he had early stage kidney disease so I switched to this food a couple of months ago as opposed to feeding the prescription diets which appeared to have not so great ingredients especially for dogs with food sensitivities. Ultimately we found out he has Cushings disease, however I decided to stick with this food because he is doing very well with the ingredients and he's already lost some weight which is good for his joints. The only ingredient I wish they would consider adding is Taurine. Very happy with this food so far.
My dog loves this food! She even lays outside the closet it's in now cause she wants more. She's only been using it a couple weeks and her hair is so shiny and fluffy now! I've also noticed she's looking thinner and has way more energy!!! Definitely worth every penny!!
My dog likes it.
My dog is a picky eater and wouldn't eat the prescription dog foods that were recommended for her. We were looking for a lower protein and grain-free food. She really likes this food! We were grateful to find it. The pellets are a little big and hard, but I put a little water on them and she does fine.
She likes it!
My dog likes this food, so far, and I like that it has simple ingredients that sound healthy. My only concern is that the kibble seems unusually hard and crunchy. I'm almost afraid her older teeth might break while chewing. I can tell she struggles some while eating, like it's super difficult to chew. Im wondering if the other firstmate foods are as crunchy hard?
High cholesterol fix
Monty loves this food, and when we switched 100% from his old food to this new food, his stomach wasn’t affected at all! I’m happy to find a more natural option for our aging pup.
Good for kidney issues
I was trying to get my dog to eat the prescription food for kidney disease, but she would spit it out on the floor. This food has lower protein and phosphorous than other foods, not quite as low as the prescription food but close enough that my vet is happy we found something my dog will actually eat. my spoiled girl has gotten accustomed to fish-based foods and none of the prescription foods were fish-based.
Wanted better quality food for dog with kidney disease
I recently received my first bag of FirstMate so I can't tell you more than my dog seems to like it. I was told that my dog would have to eat Purina NF prescription dog food for the rest of her life due to kidney disease (she is not overweight) because high quality food contains a high protein content, which apparently makes the kidneys work harder. But the quality of the Purina NF prescription is poor and very expensive. So I am taking a chance on FirstMate because of it's high quality ingredients and relatively low protein as compared to other quality dog foods. It's actually a little less expensive and my dog seems to like it better too.
Do not recommend
My dog has never been a picky eater but will not eat this
Noticing a change in my dog already
The last bag of food I bought was only a change in flavor and it didn’t agree with my dog. I am still in the process of introducing this food and I can already see good changes in my dog. Her coat is shiny and she is more playful. She has less stomach problems and she wants to eat again. Only drawback is the price and no autoship discount but if this is the food that is best for my baby then I will pay.