Fluker's Hermit Beach Sand Substrate
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Premium blend of natural sand, coconut fiber, calcium carbonate, sea salt mix and probiotics is the superior choice for healthy land hermit crabs
- Promote natural tunnel digging & healthy molting. Hermit crabs dig to hunt for food and when it is time to molt. It is very important to fill your crab's habitat with enough moist sand for the molting process. The deep moist sand protects your crab during the molting process and prevents dehydration, which is vital for your crab's longevity.
- Silica sand packs well and the coconut fiber helps with water retention. Calcium and sea salt replicate the exact sand hermit crabs find in their natural environment. Probiotics (beneficial bacteria) help maintain a clean environment.
- Non-stick blend won't cling to your crab like calcium carbonate "sand"
- No harmful colors or dyes added
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Galapagos Pillow Moss Reptile & Amphibian Terrarium Moss, Fresh Green, 150 cubic inch bag$9.99Chewy Price$9.49Autoship Price
- Galapagos Tropicoco Coconut Soil Tropical Reptile & Amphibian Bedding, 8-qt brick, 3 count$11.52Chewy Price$11.99List Price$10.94Autoship Price
- Zoo Med Excavator Clay Burrowing Reptile Substrate, 10-lb bag$12.10Chewy Price$13.99List Price$11.49Autoship Price
- Galapagos Sphagnum Reptile, Amphibian & Insect Terrarium Moss, Fresh Green, 150 cubic inch bag$5.99Chewy Price$5.69Autoship Price
- Galapagos Magnolia Terrarium Leaves, 4-qt bag$8.38Chewy Price$14.99List Price$7.96Autoship Price
- Zoo Med Terrarium Moss Reptile Bedding$10.99Chewy Price
- Zoo Med ReptiSand Reptile Sand, Red, 20-lb bag$25.34Chewy Price
- Komodo Disposable Tank Reptile Liners, 12 x 24-in$12.99Chewy Price$15.19List Price
- Zoo Med Vita-Sand All Natural Vitamin-Fortified Calcium Carbonate Substrate, Outback Orange, 10-lb$8.97Chewy Price$18.99List Price
- Zoo Med Eco Carpet, 10-gal$2.71Chewy Price$10.99List Price
- Exoticare Exotichip Coco Husk Chip Reptile Bedding, 11-lb bag$27.53Chewy Price$29.99List Price$26.15Autoship Price
- Reptile Prime Extra Fine Coconut Fiber Reptile Substrate, 12-qt bag$16.99Chewy Price$18.99List Price$16.14Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Litter & Bedding Type||Sand||Sand||Sand||Walnut||Clay|
Questions & Answers
10 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
46 Customer Reviews
hermit crab sand
I just started and this one was the most recommended. I’m super satisfied and my crabbies are too.
Crabby Potter and Friends
I’ve used this sand for years, my hermit crabs seem to like it.
Extra non-sand ingredients
I bought this not knowing it was not 100% sand. My hermit crabs are not burrowing into it. For years they have hidden under the sand/coconut mix but this time they stay on top. I have to presume there is something they dont like about it.
This sand is perfect for mixing with soft substrate for hermit crabs. It doesn’t clump and it’s safe.
I read the reviews of this and didn’t really believe sand could make that big of a difference. I’d always gotten the blue or red calcium type sand from the local pet store. Rex had never really dug in the sand before and I wondered about that. He is 8 years old now and my kids are older and it’s mostly me caring for him now, so I decided to spoil him with some new sand! I tried a bag of this sand on one side of the tank and the usual blue sand on the other side of the tank, as I didn’t want to shock him and was a little worried about changing things up. Rex did a good job of mixing them, but seemed to prefer this beach sand. So, the next month I got another bag and just added it to the other sand so it was nice and deep. Oh my goodness, it’s like I have a new crab! His tank is in the hallway and we all heard him during the night, we were like “whoa Rex is having a party in there!” He went on this way for a week and also ate more. then sort of tunneled through the sand and buried himself and has been under the sand for over 2 weeks now! This sand is amazing and I really feel like it has made my crab feel more at home. Love it!
this sand mix is great, i know it will not get hard and the added probiotics help with any waste smells from the crabs, our tank smells like a damp salty beach, perfect
Helps with bug + odor issues
I travel periodically and must have my family take care of my crabs while away. They are not very good about cleaning up old food - thus I struggle with odor and insect infestation issues. For whatever reason (I'm guessing the probiotics) this sand has helped tremendously compared to all other substrates. Way less odor and NO bugs in the sand since I started mixing this in with standard sand/coconut fiber. Also - I have price checked sand across the internet, and Chewy's listing of Fluker's sand is the cheapest pre-disinfected sand I have come across. Only thing cheaper is industrial sand, but that must be washed first and mixed with calcium etc., which is a major hassle. Roughly $1/lb versus $1.50/lb+
Hermit Crab Beach Sand
My crabbies love this substrate! I've been using it for years and haven't had any problems.
I love Fluker's sand as much as my Hermits do!
I am so satisfied with my product, arrival time, packaging, and cost. Thank you for the wonderful customer care you offered me, Chewy staff. I wasn't able to find this particular brand and product anywhere and was so nervous about ordering online. "Shelly" and "Brownie" are having the time of their lives burrowing and exploring safely today! I trust Fluker's Hermit Beach Substrate and am so grateful to be a member of the Chewy family! Thumbs up, can't thank you enough for carrying a quality product with such quality care and pricing!!! I look forward to do business in the future and encourage pet lovers to do so too!!! <3
Hermit crab Beach sand
Enjoy this sand just wished they also had the white sand to order and the color sand it to expensive