Fluval Edge Pre Filter Sponge, 1 Count
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Additional mechanical filter media plays an important part in the filtration process.
- Helps to collect fine debris from your water, keeping your aquarium clean.
- Easy to install over the filter intake, this media slips on with minimal disruption.
- Helps to prevent smaller or baby fish from being drawn into the filter.
- Works to prolong the life of filter inserts by catching dirt first.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Tetra Whisper Aquarium Filter Cartridges, Small, 6 count$4.80Chewy Price$7.99List Price$4.56Autoship Price
- dealMicrobe-Lift PL GEL Filter Pad Bacterial Inoculant, 16-oz bottle$13.31Chewy Price$19.95List Price
- AquaClear Extension Tube, AC 70/110$6.99Chewy Price
- Tom Pet Products Aqua Lifter Pump Holder for Dosing Pump$4.26Chewy Price
- Koller Products AC Power Adapter for Aquariums, 4.5-volt$6.99Chewy Price
- Hydor Smart Level Control, ATO$99.99Chewy Price
- Eheim Skim350 Aquarium Micro Surface Skimmer$33.95Chewy Price$39.99List Price
- Tetra Pond Waterfall Filter$64.99Chewy Price$117.39List Price
- Tetra GreenFree Ultraviolet Pond Clarifier, 9-watt$188.74Chewy Price$213.39List Price
- AquaClear Activated Carbon Filter Insert, Size 50, 3 count$4.99Chewy Price$12.99List Price$4.74Autoship Price
- Penn-Plax Cascade Aquarium Filt-A-Pack, Medium$7.87Chewy Price$9.99List Price
Compare Similar Items
|Fish Type||Tropical Freshwater, Marine Fish||Tropical Freshwater, Marine Fish||Tropical Freshwater, Marine Fish||Tropical Freshwater, Marine Fish, Goldfish, Cichlid||Tropical Freshwater, Marine Fish|
|Aquarium Type||Freshwater, Saltwater||Freshwater, Saltwater||Freshwater, Saltwater||Freshwater, Saltwater||Freshwater, Saltwater|
Questions & Answers
7 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
56 Customer Reviews
I wouldn't recommend
I purchased this for my Fluval Aqua Clear powerhead and ended up taking it off after two weeks. It didn't fit well as advertised and is an item that needs to be cleaned or replaced after two weeks. So, unless you have fish that can get sucked up into the intake tube I don't recommend purchasing it for your setup. It's more hassle than it's worth.
I recommend if you buy it for the filter it's for!
I had a bit of a slip up, I ordered it to put on the intake for my Cascade 700. I did not realize how thicc that intake was! However, I just removed the intake bit of and just ziptied it on, it works nicely enough. I've already got snails eating off it.
I used this on my Fluval Spec to slow the current from my filter. It works like a charm and my betta is super happy.
This pre filter works very well, i have baby shrimp and small fry so this is perfect for keeping them out of my hang on back filter
my fry will be safe!
Stoked to have this because my guppy group has a few pregnant ladies who are about to pop and I wanted to try and not lose any. It slipped right onto my hang on filter. Sucked the box came like this tho. But it happens.
Worked perfectly on Tetra PF-10
I lost three out of five glow fish due to getting stuck to the filter. This solved the problem. No dead fish since.
Does the job
They fit nicely over my filter intakes. I no longer have to worry about my shrimp getting sucked up.
Safe For Shrimp
2nd one I’ve bought for my shrimp tank because it doesn’t slip off the intake and my shrimp can munch on it all day without the intake eating them instead. Still enough flow to get water through evenly but not too strong for my little buddies.
Exactly what I needed
These are exactly what I needed for my Aqueon hang-on-back filters. Once I learned that filter media is not meant for getting out big particles, I knew I needed this. I take it off after I do a water change and squeeze it out in the dirty water and it is certainly obvious that it catches a lot of dirt.
Check the review down below
My filters are strong enough for the water to come through the sponge so I cut off the bottom and it works so good I also bought some to make a DIY filters with and they worked amazing for that as well the only thing is is I would wash it before you get it as I did find that I watched them and they were quite dirty as well as the kind of stinks like chemicals but there was no chemicals on them and I did a test met treatment for my tank and it all looked good but that is my only concern about this project overall it's been working great for me and my betta fish