Fluval Peat Granules Filter Media, 17.6-oz
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Chemincal filter media that naturally softens water
- With all-natural peat that contains humic acid, tanning agents and trace elements that are necessary for fish to grow and thrive
- Provides ideal environment for tropical fish such as cichlids, discus and angelfish, and promotes live aquatic plant growth
- Highly concentrated for maximum effectiveness
- For use in freshwater aquariums only
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Marineland C-160 & C-220 Canister Foam Filter Media, 2 count$5.92Chewy Price$12.99List Price$5.62Autoship Price
- Fluval U2 Foam Pad Filter Media$2.96Chewy Price$3.49List Price$2.81Autoship Price
- Marineland Diamond Blend Carbon Ammonia Neutralizing Carbon Filter Media, 23-oz jar$8.19Chewy Price$7.78Autoship Price
- AquaClear Ammonia Remover Filter Insert, Size 50, bundle of 3$5.37Chewy Price$5.97List Price$5.10Autoship Price
- Marineland C-360 Canister Foam Filter Media, 2 count$3.39Chewy Price$12.99List Price$3.22Autoship Price
- API Water Softener Pillow, 2 count$11.60Chewy Price$12.90List Price$11.02Autoship Price
- Marineland Bio-Wheel Penguin Rite-Size B Filter Cartridge, 1 count$4.09Chewy Price$3.89Autoship Price
- AquaClear Foam Filter Insert, Size 70, 6 count$12.58Chewy Price$13.98List Price$11.95Autoship Price
- AquaClear Activated Carbon Filter Insert, Size 70$4.19Chewy Price$8.99List Price$3.98Autoship Price
- Marineland C-360 Canister Polishing Filter Pads Media, 2 count$2.82Chewy Price$12.99List Price$2.68Autoship Price
- Coralife Super Protein Aquarium Skimmer & Pump, 220 gal$291.75Chewy Price$399.99List Price
- Marineland White Diamond Ammonia Neutralizing Crystals Filter Media, 50-oz jar$7.01Chewy Price$12.39List Price$6.66Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Fish Type||Tropical Freshwater||Tropical Freshwater, Marine Fish||Tropical Freshwater||Tropical Freshwater, Marine Fish||Tropical Freshwater, Marine Fish|
|Aquarium Type||Freshwater||Freshwater, Saltwater||Freshwater||Freshwater, Saltwater||Freshwater, Saltwater|
Questions & Answers
13 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
4 Customer Reviews
I used this peat moss for a long time I could not get around here I found it on chewy. It does help the plants and the fish and reduce alge .
Lowered Water Hardness Quickly
Setting up a Dwarf Cichlids-Ram & Community Tank and having a super hard time trying to get Water Hardness down, tested off the color charts, tried boiling water and changing out 2 Gallons a Day, after the 3rd week decided to try Peat as I don't want use chemicals and with the first week the water test showed PROGRESS! Tank has cycled and the water is FINALLY getting lower, I don't mind the TEA colored water but just wished it gave you some kind of idea of just how much Peat you need per media bag for however many gallons of water to be treated! I'm just happy that it's helped lower the Hardness and helping with the PH fluctuations.
ph drop in 24hr
i have extreemly hard, alkaline tap water. after 24hr of treatment my ph dropped from 9 to 7.5
Effectively lower pH
We have a 60 gallon Amazon species tank and needed to lower the pH by about .8. Adding the granules to the filter has definitely helped. Two notes: these are loose and need to be placed in a bag (we used a cut up old stocking) and they WILL give your water an iced-tea hue.