Fresh News Unscented Non-Clumping Paper Cat Litter
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Pellets contain baking soda to quickly neutralize litter tray odors.
- Low tracking, soft pellets retain their form, helping to reduce pellets from sticking to your cat or kittens paws and tracking around your home.
- 3X more absorbent than clay.
- Made with 100% recycled paper, Fresh News is biodegradable and helping to reduce landfill space and save trees from being harvested!
- 99% dust free and 100% non-allergenic.
Made with 100% Recycled Paper.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Frisco Unscented Non-Clumping Recycled Paper Cat Litter, 25-lb bag$18.58Chewy Price$17.65Autoship Price
- Fresh News Non-Clumping Scented Paper Cat Litter, 25-lb bag$20.98Chewy Price$19.93Autoship Price
- Frisco Tofu Clumping Cat Litter, 7-lb bag$18.73Chewy Price$17.79Autoship Price
- Naturally Fresh Pellet Unscented Non-Clumping Walnut Cat Litter, 26-lb bag$19.99Chewy Price$23.99List Price$18.99Autoship Price
- Simply Pine Unscented All-Natural Pine Pellet Cat Litter, 20-lb bag, bundle of 2$27.48Chewy Price$26.11Autoship Price
- Feline Pine Platinum Natural Pine Cat Litter, 18-lb bag$15.79Chewy Price$18.99List Price
- Okocat Original Premium Wood Clumping Cat Litter, 19.8-lb box$20.99Chewy Price$23.99List Price$19.94Autoship Price
- Okocat Super Soft Clumping Wood Unscented Cat Litter, 16.7-lb box$20.99Chewy Price$28.99List Price$19.94Autoship Price
- Nature's Logic All Natural Pine Unscented Non-Clumping Wood Cat Litter, 24-lb bag$14.99Chewy Price$14.24Autoship Price
- Tidy Cats Breeze Multi-Cat Strength Cat Pads, 8 count$13.27Chewy Price$17.99List Price$12.61Autoship Price
- Tidy Cats Breeze Morning Fresh Scented Cat Pads, 10 count$13.99Chewy Price$17.99List Price$13.29Autoship Price
- Tidy Cats Breeze Spring Clean Scented Litter System Cat Pads, 10 count$15.05Chewy Price$17.99List Price$14.30Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Litter Feature||Unscented, Non-Clumping, Odor Control...||Multi-Cat||Unscented, Non-Clumping, Odor Control...||Clumping, Multi-Cat, Odor Control...||Odor Control, Non-Clumping, Scented|
|Top Ingredients||—||Paper, Zeolite, Scent||—||—||—|
|Breed Size||—||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds||—||—||—|
Questions & Answers
27 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
351 Customer Reviews
Not Yesterday's News, but it will do
Since Yesterday's News was discontinued, i have been casting about for an acceptable replacement. FreshNews is similar, but it seems a little too bulky and unstable when exposed to moisture. However, when I replace some of this litter with a couple of wide strips of unscented clumping OkoCat wood pellets in the same box, the result is good enough for both me and the kitties -- who do proceed to mix up the two products in patches, with certain benefits: The OkoCat really helps with effective scooping of the crumbling-to-damp-dust FreshNews, and the rather odd odor of the FreshNews is lessened considerably. I gain at least an extra day between litter changes with this approach (Yesterday's News users will understand). So my overall experience probably rates 4 stars rather than 3, but that's because of the added OkoCat.
Hey, just finished up a weeklong trial of this free sample of cat litter I received. I have 12 rescue cats and reactions were mixed. The younger cats began it immediately. The older cats were put off by the texture. From a human perspective, I liked it. The scent was very nice and definitely took care of any and all litterbox odors. The pellets were soft and friable. Always a good thing. The packaging was resealable. The only problem I found was scooping solids with a regular scoop. You can lose a lot of pellets if you're not careful. I don't like losing that much litter when I clean out a box.
New customer with 2 adult cats
I was sent a free sample of 25 lbs of fresh news non-clumping scented paper cat litter. I have 2 adult cats, one who is very picky and will push cat litter around to place in the right place. When first looking at the cat litter wasn’t sure if my cats would use the cat litter box as it looked so different, but actually they had no problem. It worked great, no dust, no crazy scent smell, no cat litter outside of box (which was wonderful!), no tracking cat litter through out the house from cat paws!! I will definitely buy this to use again!!
Cat is getting used to it.
I was given a free sample of Fresh News for writing this review. I have 1 cat and this is my first time using any type of recycled litter. I was skeptical at first, but let my cat decide, She is an older cat and seems to like it. I still have my other box still set up and she uses both of them equally. As for me, I like that there is no mess outside the Fresh News box and I think eventually ( when I run out of my old litter) I will continue to use Fresh News. Plus there is no dust to deal with.
Product is fine, but recent price increase was shocking
Planned to order bags of Fresh News today and was shocked to find the price has increased $6 per bag since I last ordered it about 3 weeks ago! I understand price increases but ~ 40% increase in less that a month seems excessive. This product is fine. I was a long time Yesterday's News (the original "hard" pellets) user. I don't like the softer pellets of this litter and other similar brands.
Very poor product
I trained my 6 lb. Mini-PIn to use a litter box because of the large wildlife in our area. I used the other recycled newspaper that's now discontiuned and bought this as a replacement. It does not absorb urine which drains to the bottom of the box. Don't even try to flush this stuff or risk clogging your toilet... We love Chewy's but very disappointed I can't find a suitable litter replacement.
Not yesterdays news
I got this as a replacement for yesterdays news. It definitely doesn’t mask the smell as well, and breaks down way more than yesterdays news. We use it in the breeze box and the disintegrated bits just sit on the grate and stink. If you’re searching for a replacement for yesterdays news in the breeze box—this isn’t it. My finicky cat also refuses to use it.
I Like This!
I'm Abby, a blue-eyed dilute calico. My human once used use clay litter, but it was filthy, and it went all over the house. And it smelled bad! This litter is much better. I like that it's recycled paper, and that the bag is recyclable, too. There is far less dust in the house, and that makes my human, and me, very happy. Thank you, Chewy, for offering this excellent product at an excellent price. We'll be back for more!
Best bunny litter
This litter is the best for my rabbits. Absorbs great, doesn't get kicked out as easily as lighter stuff like paper, and keeps the smell down to nothing.
Good odor absorption!
Decided to try this in my guinea pig cage since fleece was a change everyday filth thing & other small animal litters just weren't cutting it. This has worked great! Cage is cleaner, dryer and piggies seem happy with it.