Frisco Aspen Wood Small Pet Bedding
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Premium soft aspen fiber bedding that provides a comfy and inviting habitat for your pet.
- Made from natural, heat-treated aspen fibers with no harmful chemicals, by-products or scents.
- Expands up to three times its size and absorbs up to twice its dry weight.
- Great for small pets that like to tunnel, like hamsters and gerbils.
- Safe for non-aquatic reptiles.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- DealFrisco Small Animal Bedding, Natural, 2 pack, 72-L Total$18.66Chewy Price$17.73Autoship Price
- DealCarefresh Small Animal Bedding, White, 50-L$19.99Chewy Price$29.99List Price$18.99Autoship Price
- DealKaytee Clean & Cozy Natural Small Animal Bedding, 72-L$20.99Chewy Price$27.99List Price$19.94Autoship Price
- DealKaytee Clean & Cozy Extreme Odor Control Small Animal Bedding, 65-L$26.99Chewy Price$34.99List Price$25.64Autoship Price
- DealFrisco Small Animal Bedding, White, 2 pack, 86-L Total$32.83Chewy Price$31.19Autoship Price
- Carefresh Small Animal Bedding, Natural, 60-L, bundle of 2$35.98Chewy Price$34.18Autoship Price
- DealCarefresh Sea Glass Small Animal Bedding, 23-L$11.99Chewy Price$17.99List Price$11.39Autoship Price
- DealVitakraft Fresh World Ultra Strength Litter Box & Cages Small Animal Bedding, 16-lit$9.99Chewy Price$15.99List Price$9.49Autoship Price
- DealOxbow Pure Comfort Small Animal Bedding, White, 72-L$17.42Chewy Price$20.49List Price$16.55Autoship Price
- DealFrisco Pine Shaving Small Pet Bedding$27.82Chewy Price$26.43Autoship Price
- DealKaytee Small Animal Potty Litter, 16-oz box$3.99Chewy Price$3.79Autoship Price
- DealFrisco Corner Small Pet Litter Box, X-Small$3.55Chewy Price
Compare Similar Items
|Small Pet Type||Guinea Pig, Mouse, Rat, Degu||Rabbit, Guinea Pig, Rat, Degu||Chinchilla, Degu, Ferret...||Chinchilla, Degu, Ferret...||Rabbit, Guinea Pig, Chinchilla...|
|Litter Feature||Natural||Natural||Odor Control||Odor Control||Natural|
|Litter & Bedding Type||Aspen||Paper||Paper||Paper||Pine|
|Bird Type||Chicken||—||—||—||Chicken, Poultry|
Questions & Answers
ReviewsWrite a Review
23 Customer Reviews
Not suitable for hamsters
I bought this brand because they stopped carrying the Living World brand I used for my dwarf hamster. This is not suitable for hamsters; it is big wood chips. It would be fine for rabbits or guinea pigs, but it is too sharp and chunky to be hamster bedding. I will give it to my local animal shelter that has rabbits.
great for rabbits
I bought it for my rabbits, and I was happy that it had no dust or scent.
You’ll notice most of the positive reviews are preceded by the ReceivedFreeProduct hashtag and the negative reviews are by people who paid for the product. I took a chance, but have to agree with the negative reviewers. The bedding has a strange, ashy odor like it was pulled from a smoldering campfire. It also compresses strangely and seems less effective than the regular aspen bedding I’ve purchased in the past. It’s bad enough that I don’t plan to use the rest of the massive bag I purchased and I plan to go to my local pet store to buy normal, non-smoky aspen bedding. I’ll add that I don’t see any way to return a product to Chewy, which is also pretty disappointing.
I'm used to using Kaytee Aspen bedding, which is fantastic and financially prudent. They're out of stock, though, so I bought this mistake. Does not absorb well--stinks terribly. Overpriced. But, I already bought it and will use it (more frequently because of its poor performance) until Kaytee is restocked.
Inferior to Other Brands
I don’t like this aspen bedding at all. It’s very difficult to sweep up droppings, because this bedding is so thick and just comes up with the droppings. It doesn’t last as long and is dustier than the the “out of stock” brand.
love the wood smell
#ReceivedFreeProduct i have to say that this product is the bomb makes the rabbit cage smell better and i use it for cat litter when i am out and cant get to the store.I love the wood smell its like bringing a little of the outdoors in. I have it sitting in my closet and very time i open the closet door i get a whiff of the wood pine not only does it make small animal cages to smell better it makes yourcloset smell awesome too
#ReceivedFreeProduct I was happy with the absorption level it provided for our hamster cage. The bag of bedding is HUMONGOUS. I wish the bag had a resealable closure or was a little bit easier to keep the extra bedding stored without making a huge mess. We didn’t notice any strange odors or lots of dust.
#ReceivedFreeProduct This bedding is perfect for small animals cages and crates. It provides just the right amount of bedding needed and keeps my small critters happy. It comes in a good size that lasts me a long time and the price is just right.
I've always used the super absorbent paper bedding for my bunnies and loved it, but didn't love the price. I decided to buy Frisco Aspen shavings based in the description and the price. Unfortunately it's not as impressive as the description suggests. It's dusty, and doesn't absorb urine or expand very well. After just a day and a half there were large puddles of urine in the litter boxes that were not being absorbed by the shavings. I put at least 3 inches of bedding in the litter boxes. It also gives off a campfire smoke scent once the bunnies urinate on it. The final issue I have is that it leaves a sticky, sap like brown/yellow layer on the bottom of the litter box that is difficult to scrub off. I will be going back to dust free, super absorbent, odorless, non staining paper bedding once I finish these 2 huge bags of aspen bedding.
This Aspen bedding has a strange smell to it. Our guinea pigs don't like it. So much so that our guinea pigs wouldn't eat with this as their bedding and it fills the house with it's scent. It doesn't really smell like Aspen. We got this brand when Chewy had a supply problem with our regular aspen brand. Its probably fine for animals in a barn, but I will never use this brand again for my indoor pets.