Frisco Squirrel Defense Wild Bird Feeder
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Squirrel defense feeder features four ports that have their own perch so that all the birds can get a taste of the good stuff.
- The spring-loaded, push-button cap makes filling the cage with food easy and fast. Feeder has a 1.5 lb capacity and ideal to fill with larger sized mixed seed or sunflower seed.
- Keep squirrels at bay with the integrated spring loader that will cause their weight to slide the port doors down and close them.
- Made from a sturdy metal frame that can hold up against all the squirrels.
- Just hang the feeder from the built-in hanger anywhere and watch as your bird friends swoop in for a snack.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Perky-Pet Panorama Bird Feeder, Copper$18.56Chewy Price$22.49List Price
- Perky-Pet Metal Hook Feeder Hanger, 12-in, 2 count$5.00Chewy Price$5.56List Price
- More Birds Abundance Bird Feeder$21.30Chewy Price$45.99List Price
- C&S Wild Bird Nugget Bird Feeder, 11.25-in$8.59Chewy Price
- Kaytee Soft Mesh Finch Feeding Station Bird Feeder$11.79Chewy Price
- Mosaic Birds Cuban Hanging Bird Bath & Feeder, 20-oz, Aqua$45.49Chewy Price
- Droll Yankees Omni Bird Seed Tray, 10.5-in$12.99Chewy Price
- JW Pet InSight Clean Cup Bird Feed & Water Cup, Small, 2 count$4.62Chewy Price$4.86List Price
- Perky-Pet Panorama Wild Bird Feeder, Brown$28.59Chewy Price$36.99List Price
- Perky-Pet Finch Wild Bird Feeder$8.99Chewy Price$9.99List Price
- Frisco Ultra Squirrel Defense Wild Bird Feeder$84.99Chewy Price
- Frisco Mid-Century Hummingbird Feeder$17.49Chewy Price
Compare Similar Items
|Bird Type||Wild Bird, Cardinal, Bunting...||Wild Bird||Wild Bird||Wild Bird||Wild Bird|
|Material||Metal, Plastic||Plastic||Aluminum, Metal||Steel, Plastic, Metal||Steel, Plastic, Metal|
|Capacity (Max)||1.5 lbs||4 pounds||2-Ib||N/A||2.5-lb|
Questions & Answers
ReviewsWrite a Review
12 Customer Reviews
Great for finches and cardinals
This is a great feeder for finches. I get SWARMS of house finches. Cardinals can also use this feeder (the perch is a little small for them but they don't exceed the weight limit). Blue jays cannot use this--I've seen them try. I also have a ton of black eastern grey squirrels in my area and they also cannot use this feeder. I've seen them try to hang upside-down without success. I have this on a Shepard's hook and no baffle added. I personally do not mind jays or squirrels so I also have safflower seeds for the larger birds and peanuts in the shells for the squirrels. I mostly wanted to keep out the non-native bully birds who were draining my feeders, like pigeons and European starlings. I've only ever filled this with black oil sunflower seeds. I'd be concerned that smaller seeds would fall out. This is very easy to refill and fairly easy to clean with a bottle brush.
I love the looks of this feeder, but it is not squirrel proof! Our wild birds like it but so do our gray squirrels. I filled this feeder with a good mix bird food and the first time I went to check on it, a big fat squirrel was sitting at the base of the pole. I ran him off but 30 minutes later, he had completely emptied the feeder. It is too far from the fence or any trees for a direct jump onto the feeder, but they can still climb on! I guess I'll just have wild birds and fat squirrels!!
I love this feeder, and so do the birds, however, the squirrels broke mine! They somehow managed to remove one of the seed guards around one of the holes, and now the seed pours out of the hole. Well I contacted Chewy on another matter, and mentioned it. Being the wonderful company they are, they're sending me a replacement. I will try again with this feeder because the birds love it so much. They line up on my lilac bush to be next! Lol.
Good low priced feeder - needs squirrel baffle
Pros: easy to fill, larger size & multiple perches helped attract larger birds like blue jays & cardinals when filled with black sunflower seeds (per another reviewer, smaller seeds will fall out quickly) Cons: not as squirrel-proof as my (more expensive) Squirrel Buster feeder (see photo) Overall, I think this is fixable with a larger baffle and will still be a cheaper option than the Squirrel Buster.
USE LARGE SEEDS!!!!
This feeder works fine for black oil sunflowers which is why I would recommend. However, DO NOT USE SMALL MILLET SEEDS. They get stuck in the latching mechanism and prevent it from closing properly. Chewy was amazing and sent me another feeder and I’ve had no problems going forward just using black oil sunflowers. Just stay away from any kind of small seeds.
These were a hit!
My cats loved these carrots! They are on the small side but that made them perfect for being swatted around the house. I wish I had bought more.
Great bird feeder
#ChewyTeamRated - High quality, easy to set up, easy to refill. I have no complaints with this feeder, the squirrels can't figure it out and our birds love it.
Well constructed, Squirrel Resistant
This is a great product- the lid is very secure, the critter prevention mechanism is strong, and it's easy to feed/hang. A great option from Frisco! #ChewyTeamReviewed
Bye Bye Squirrels
I’ve never seen a squirrel look so disappointed. This is very effective at keeping squirrels out and the blue jays and cardinals seem happy with it.
Durable and works well
This is a high quality product. I’m very happy. The materials are good quality.