Frisco Steel 8-Panel Configurable Dog Gate & Playpen
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Durable, steel, eight-panel design can be wall mounted as a gate or stand freely in different shapes, such as an octagon, rectangle or square, to fit your space and needs.
- Includes larger anchors to secure the gate between walls and separate open spaces, creating a place for your pet to roam freely.
- Each panel has a powder-coated finish and features easy-press buttons that allow you to quickly remove panels and tailor the gate to your needs.
- Self-closing door automatically shuts if left open less than 90°, swings freely in both directions and features a dual-lock system to keep your pet safely contained.
- Each panel measures 30-inches tall. The gate expands to 186.5 inches without mounting brackets. With the brackets, the gate expands to 190 inches.
- Requires only a pencil and a screwdriver to mount the gate to walls. Requires no tools to set up as a freestanding enclosure.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Unipaws 6 Panel Wire Dog Playpen Freestanding Pet Gate, Walnut, Medium$199.61Chewy Price$199.99List Price
- MyPet Paws Portable Pet Gate, Light Gray$29.99Chewy Price
- Unipaws 41-in 6 Panel Freestanding Wooden Wire Dog & Cat Gate, Espresso$195.99Chewy Price$199.99List Price
- Regalo Easy Step Walk-Through Gate, 30-in$39.99Chewy Price$59.99List Price
- Frisco Steel 3-Panel Configurable Dog Gate, 30-in, Black$70.99Chewy Price
- Frisco Steel Extra Wide Auto-Close Dog Gate, 30-in, Black$41.99Chewy Price
- Primetime Petz 360 Configurable Gate Extension Kit, Walnut, 36-in$89.99Chewy Price$99.99List Price
- Cardinal Gates XpandaGate Dog Gate, White$139.95Chewy Price
- Spirich Extra Wide Freestanding Wire Dog Gate, White$125.99Chewy Price
- MyPet Tall Happy Tails Walk Thru Dog Gate, 36-in, White$80.99Chewy Price
- Richell One-Touch Wide Dog Gate II, White$229.97Chewy Price$295.00List Price
Compare Similar Items
|Breed Size||All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Medium Breeds, Small Breeds||Medium Breeds|
|Material||Steel, Plastic, Metal||Wood||Coated Metal, Metal||Wood||Wood|
|Gate Feature||Walk-Through, Pet Door||Walk-Through, Stair Compatible, Foldable, Locking||Walk-Through||Foldable||Stair Compatible, Foldable|
|Gate Type||Free Standing||Free Standing||Hardware Mounted, Free Standing||Free Standing||Free Standing|
Questions & Answers
36 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
264 Customer Reviews
Great product, very versatile, I only wish they sold additional parts so the configuration could be fully customizable. We separated the panels in 2 of 4 pieces as that is more suitable for the areas we are trying to block off. I would have liked for the door to be able to be on the end, or even purchase an additional door, as well as end pieces for the sides that were originally joined to the long, full panel to make it more stable, but we can get the one door pretty close to the end and lean it against the wall or cupboards so it's alright. If your dog will knock this over then you want to secure it to the wall but mine is wary of it so keeps a safe distance, it works fine in a zigzag shape versus having to secure it against the wall. Which is good because we use it in multiple different places during the day.
I have two of these things and so far they are working very well. I don't use them as exercise pens but spread them out to use as barriers in various places like in the product picture. I've broken one down into two sections to better protect an area of our house. The only thing you have to watch for is the nuts will come unscrewed after folding and unfolding the partition so you have to make sure to tighten them occasionally or your sections will come crashing down.
actually, pretty good. I like the 8 panels, I like that it is wall mountable, I like that it can be free standing. It is a bit on short side, height wise, for large dogs, but then again that would depend on your particular needs and use of this if using for a large dog. My medium to small sized pup is pretty good at NOT jumping at it. I like that it can be configured multiple ways. What i don't like is you cannot purchase additional panels you have to buy the whole thing if you need a (singular) panel. or if you wanted to have (2) door openings instead of one.. overall I gave 5 stars. pluses and minus' 1. you have to place in exact position you want it to be in before tighten the screws nut whatever it's called. 2. you have to UNscrew the nuts /screws whatever they are called in order to MOVE it or REPOSITION. and this one is kind of a biggy for me.. 3. YOU REALLY NEED TWO PEOPLE TO 1 set up 2 take down 3 reposition it. as it may fall over while you are putting it together or taking down etc. Currently I have it as a free standing sort of zig zag design, similar to the website picture, that has worked out great. (since my dog does not jump on it) it was annoying to constantly use the handle lock whatever every time i passed through the gate/door opening but there are levers at the bottom that you can reposition them so the door only swings in one direction or so that it won't latch shut on you kind of like creating a one way swinging door. if I needed another one of these yes I would purchase again, would I recommend to a friend yes i would
I was honestly skeptical about buying this gate/pen system because of the low price compared to others I have seen, but it is fantastic! Easy to configure to your space. Quality materials. Attractive. And Frisco makes smaller, matching gates for doorways, which I have also ordered now that I have this. Highly recommend!
Best playpen pet fence I've found
This fence is super durable and can be reconfigured a ton of ways. We have used it for everything from goats to yard puppy playpen to around the whelping bed so kids and other animals can't access it. Also an indoor puppy run and to block off a room. If you buy 2 ypu can take the ends off and add in thr other fence and then use some bungees to hook them together in a circle for a huge outdoor playpen. My aussies can jump them but they don't like to because the fence is pretty tall. You can move the gate wherever you want in the fenceline and it's durable. Love this run and I'm going to buy a 3rd
Good Quality Gate
This is a good quality gate but unfortunately, it didn't work out for me. I didn't realize you have to screw in the sides. I have another pet gate that does not require that but it is too small for the 69 inch area I need it for. The wall cannot be penetrated in the area I need the gate for; otherwise, I would happily keep it!
Worth Every Penny
These gates are beautiful! We bought one, and when it was delivered we turned right around and bought a second one. We use them to block off the pool out back for when our 2 elderly furbabies go out in the backyard. We’ve been worried they’re going to fall in the pool. These gates look so nice and are so sturdy. They were pricier than other gates, but so worth it.
We purchased the 8 steel panels as a fence to put up in our entryway to make answering the door much easier without anyone getting outside where it could be unsafe for them. It is doing the job and I am very happy with the results. Sometimes it is hard to answer the door when you have 3-4 dogs to keep under control. Safe for them much nicer for us.
Everything I wanted and well made
Was easy to put together, instructions a little confusing but figured out by looking at put together parts. Took about 15-20 mins and only problem was missing a nut. It’s seems put together to be a gate. I piece was not put together and where I think my missing piece was. Called a Chewy sending me a new one even thought only need one piece. I wii lol add pic when get missing piece.
Great for puppy.
This has been a nice way to give our puppy some freedom and comfort. Using it mostly as an enclosed pen and not a gate for the past week. Easy to adjust to and move. 8-9 week german shepherd unable to jump out with a low bed inside.