FurHaven Ultra Plush Luxe Lounger Cooling Gel Dog Bed w/Removable Cover
About This Item
- The gel-infused memory foam layer is activated by pressure to disperse heat away and keep your canine cool.
- Supports your pup’s back and neck with the ergonomic design.
- The step-in bed is easily accessible for your smaller, older or disabled pet.
- Removable cover is easy to wash.
- Chews the color and size that’ll work best for your pup.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- FurHaven Plush Deluxe Chaise Cooling Gel Cat & Dog Bed w/Removable Cover, Deep Sapphire, Large$62.82Chewy Price$75.99List Price
- Frisco Boho Modern Couch Dog & Cat Bed, X-Large$58.49Chewy Price$64.99List Price
- FurHaven Two Tone Faux Fur & Suede Deluxe Chaise Cooling Gel Dog & Cat Bed w/Removable Cover, Dark Sage, Large$61.99Chewy Price$75.99List Price
- FurHaven Faux Sheepskin & Suede Memory Foam Cat & Dog Bed w/Removable Cover, Espresso, Large$53.99Chewy Price$64.99List Price
- FurHaven Velvet Waves Perfect Comfort Cooling Gel Bolster Cat & Dog Bed w/Removable Cover, Granite Gray, Jumbo Plus$178.99Chewy Price$214.99List Price
- FurHaven Faux Fur & Suede Deluxe Orthopedic Dog & Cat Mattress, Marine Blue, Jumbo$58.99Chewy Price$64.99List Price
- Brindle Orthopedic Bolster Dog & Cat Bed w/ Removable Cover, Charcoal/White, Large$75.60Chewy Price$89.99List Price
- Frisco Rectangular Bolster Dog Bed w/Removable Cover, Dark Gray, X-Large$71.99Chewy Price$79.99List Price
- Trisha Yearwood Pet Collection Outdoor Dog Bed, Brown, X-Large$89.78Chewy Price$99.99List Price
- FurHaven Comfy Couch Cooling Gel Cat & Dog Bed w/Removable Cover, Diamond Gray, Medium$45.99Chewy Price$54.99List Price
- FurHaven Ultra Plush Luxe Lounger Memory Foam Dog Bed w/Removable Cover, Cream, Giant$173.99Chewy Price$210.99List Price
Compare Similar Items
|Bed Feature||Removable Cover, Machine-washable, Cooling, Orthopedic||Removable Cover, Machine-washable, Cooling, Orthopedic||Removable Cover, Machine-washable, Cooling, Orthopedic||Cooling, Machine-washable, Removable Cover, Orthopedic||Removable Cover, Machine-washable, Orthopedic|
|Cover Material||Polyester, Synthetic Fabric||Polyester, Synthetic Fabric||Polyester, Synthetic Fabric||Polyester, Synthetic Fabric||Polyester, Synthetic Fabric|
|Fill And Frame Material||Gel Foam, Orthopedic Foam, Foam||Gel Foam, Orthopedic Foam, Foam||Gel Foam, Orthopedic Foam, Foam||Orthopedic Foam, Gel Foam, Foam||Memory Foam, Orthopedic Foam, Foam|
|Breed Size||Medium Breeds, Large Breeds||Medium Breeds, Large Breeds||Medium Breeds, Large Breeds||Large Breeds, Giant Breeds||Medium Breeds, Large Breeds|
Questions & Answers
4 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
57 Customer Reviews
Perfect for what we need!
We originally got it for our English Mastiff so he would have an alternative to laying horizontally across us in bed. He was getting older, so we wanted to make sure it was supportive. All was well, until he got cancer and had to lose his back left leg. Among many health issues, we were having to wash the cover more often, but after a total of maybe 4 washes, the zipper completely broke (less than a year after purchase). Our pup can no longer comfortably climb onto the couch and always wants to be near us, as we do with him. It's just such a pain to keep the cover from sliding everywhere, and I only recently discovered (frankly recently only had the time to investigate) that new covers can be purchased off the manufacturer's site. So all will be ok, but we potentially could have gotten a better bed, with a functioning cover, for the same price as the bed plus this extra necessary cover, that hopefully won't break again. Our guy is thriving on 3 legs and hopefully will be around longer than any bed!
On to the next one
Recently purchased the FurHaven "Ultra Plush" luxe lounger for my Senior dog in hopes of providing some comfort for his aging hips and knees as well as some cooling effects. While he does seem to rest more comfortably, he still prefers to lay on the floor. The side provides great support for his head, middle just lacks substance. I personally did not find there to be a significant 'cooling effect' from the core material. This may be great for a small breed dog, even though I purchased the larger one per the weight on the chart...
Very $$ for what it’s worth
I have a 120lb Rottweiler mix, who runs warm, so I wanted a durable bed for his weight, but with a cooling feature since he won’t lay on just a straight gel cooling pad. I’ve had the bed less than a year, the padding in it has worn down enough he digs at the center of the bed to try to “fluff” it, and has ended up tearing out some of the fibers in the covering & put some holes in it. It’s not a bad bed, but definitely not worth the price for an XL breed!
Our Fussy Dog
Our dog Angel will be 9 years old in February, she’d been sleeping on our wooden floor cause they must be cooler for her. Bought this cooling bed and I thought that she’d love it, slept on it a few times and then would get off and sleep on the wood floor again. Thought it was because I had put her blanket on the bed so I rolled it up and made a pillow out of it ...not sure what to do because now she’s not even getting on it ... so bummed cause I thought she’d love it - I do!! What to do?
Furtastic Dog Bed
My babies love these. I like that this bed is extra thick because we have all hardwood floors. In the winter, this keeps the cold from rising up, so the pups are more comfortable. I also like the roll at the ends that provides support for their neck.
I bought this for my 130 lb German Shepherd and he absolutely loves it, he has bad hips and this bed is thick and large, he has plenty of room and it seems to ease a lot of his pain.
Trying to turn an outdoor dog to an indoor dog
Nothing cooling about this bed. I should have read the description better, it's a foam bed.
Save your money
The “cooling” element of this bed seems to be a very similar piece of foam to the rest of the bed just dyed blue. Do not waste $30-40 dollars for the cooling feature. Just buy the regular version of this bed. We have both kinds and my dog lays on them equally if not on the regular version more.
Our two 7-year-old dogs are starting to show signs of age/arthritis, and their previous orthopedic bed was worn out. After much research, I decided to try the FurHaven Ultra Plush Luxe Lounger Cooling Gel Bed. Shipping was quick and it was packaged well. Take note that you could very easily cut the fabric when cutting the tape to open the box. So be careful if using a blade/knife! The bed was vacuum-sealed, and quickly puffed up to it’s actual size in less than 10 minutes. Because one of our dogs is 76 lbs and the other is 60 lbs, we opted for the Giant sized bed. It is certainly GIANT! Had we actually took measurements, we probably would have opted for the next size down, but we’re pleased enough with the bed to keep it. My only concern/potential complaint is that the removable cover seems to be extremely thin on the top of the bed. You are able to see the color of the cooling blue gel foam that’s underneath it. It’s hard to tell if it was intentionally made that way to allow the dogs to feel the cooling gel layer, or if the manufacturer simply cut corners here. So far, it has stayed in tact against the dog’s nails, but I’m not sure how long it will stay that way. Time will tell!
My dog loved the bed but the product was not durable. The zipper broke the first time I washed it.