FURminator Dog Grooming Rake
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- All-purpose tool that separates and untangles fur in long dense coats
- Removes mats from undercoat and breeches
- Rounded stainless steel pins fully rotate to eliminate skin irritation and minimize tugging
- Ergonomic handle is secure and comfortable in your hand
- Anti-microbial plastic helps keep germs and bacteria at a minimum
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- FURminator Long Hair Dog Deshedding Tool, Blue, Large$29.99Chewy Price$41.49List Price
- Perfect Coat Professional Dog Deshedder, Large$10.00Chewy Price$30.69List Price
- FURminator Short Hair Dog Deshedding Tool, Blue, Large$35.35Chewy Price$41.49List Price
- Frisco Shedding Blade Dog Brush, One Size$9.99Chewy Price$11.20List Price
- Frisco Soft Slicker Dog Brush, One Size$7.89Chewy Price
- dealPet Republique Dematting Rake$10.99Chewy Price
- Mighty Paw Dog & Cat Grooming Rake, Orange$13.99Chewy Price
- Babyliss Pro Pet Long Pin Slicker Pet Brush, Large$15.99Chewy Price
- Frisco Bone Dog Curry Brush$7.07Chewy Price
- ConairPRO Pet-It Dog Soft Slicker Brush$7.99Chewy Price
Compare Similar Items
Questions & Answers
13 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
349 Customer Reviews
Perfect for Chelsea
Chelsea is a long haired GSD, and grooming her has been challenging. She’s a rescue, so one challenge is that she didn’t learn to enjoy being groomed when she was young. Another is that she sheds continually, not just seasonally, so deep grooming in an ongoing process. The rake will be a good addition to the brush box for her, but to get the most use from the rake her coat needs to be free of tangles, mats, and foreign matter. So grooming is still a big job, but I am very hopeful that the Furminator rake will be very useful in keeping her coat beautiful.
I really like my new rake
I am a 110lb Great Pyrenees, and I just love my new rake. My Mom calls grooming time "giving me my reiki". The rake is able to remove my excess hair without getting tangled and hitting too many painful snags. Very important for a long haired guy like me.
Does the job
Wish I had bought this hair rake style comb first. I tried a regular pet brush but the bristles were too soft and couldn’t go deep enough to get the under growth. Then I bought a rake style comb but the teeth weren’t long enough and only got the surface hair. So I’m happy with this rake and am able to comb out the undergrowth on my dog’s coat
Best undercoat rake
I have a husky mix and she has been blowing her coat like crazy. This is the best undercoat rake I’ve found- at any price point. The tips of the tines are rounded, not sharp, and it pulls out so much hair. 100% recommend.
Works Okay, animals don't like it
This picks up hair okay, but my dog and cats don't like it very much. The prongs are wobbly as well and I fear they may fall out soon
Works wonders on my Goldendoodle!
This thing is incredible and a bargain for how well it works. I have tried numerous brushes, but this one is hands down the best for removing lots of loose hair and managing shedding. I only wish I had discovered it sooner! I've also noticed that it makes my Goldendoodle's hair much softer after brushing.
FURminator Grooming Rake
I bought this for my cats. They will tolerate it for a while & then they had enough. I figured it was worth a try. I still use it some. Maybe this works better for dog hair. Of course I’m learning how to use this new tool.
best comb ever
i have a husky keeshond mix and his fur is extremely thick, triple coated so i’ve been thru my fair share of trial and error for brushes. this thing has been a saver and my furbaby loves brushing time again! 10/5 stars
Removes deep down fur!
I have a chocolate lab that seasonally leaves massive hair all over my home. This rake digs deep down and pulls the loose hair up to the surface. The rake holds onto the fur, so I don't have to keep brushing it off him, like the other brush I had did. It's great, and he enjoys the attention. It must feel like a massage to him?
Works really well!
After some research on this site I chose this Furminator rake for the toy Aussie who badly needed some grooming. Works great removing the undercoat that makes doggie so hot in summer. It didn't pull her fur and she tolerated it so well.