FURminator Long Hair Dog Deshedding Tool
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Specially designed for canine companions.
- Features a stainless-steel edge that reaches beneath the long topcoat, removing undercoat and loose hair.
- The curved edge delivers a comfortable experience for your dog by conforming to her body and the ergonomic handle delivers a comfortable experience for you as you groom!
- May help significantly reduce loose hair from shedding with regular use.
- Patented technologies designed by a groomer for paw-fessional results.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- FURminator Dog Grooming Rake$11.00Chewy Price$13.29List Price
- FURminator Short Hair Dog Deshedding Tool, Blue, Large$25.49Chewy Price$41.49List Price
- Perfect Coat Professional Dog Deshedding Tool, Large$5.07Chewy Price$30.69List Price
- Frisco Shedding Blade Dog Brush, One Size$7.99Chewy Price$11.20List Price
- Mighty Paw Dog & Cat Grooming Rake, Orange$13.99Chewy Price
- Pet Republique Dematting Rake$11.96Chewy Price$11.99List Price
- Babyliss Pro Pet Long Pin Slicker Pet Brush, Large$15.99Chewy Price
- Frisco Deshedding Dog & Cat Brush, Large, Short to Medium Hair$13.86Chewy Price$16.05List Price
- Frisco Soft Slicker Dog Brush, One Size$6.49Chewy Price$7.89List Price
- Bass Brushes The Shampoo Dog Brush$8.48Chewy Price$8.95List Price
- Hertzko Self-Cleaning Dog & Cat Slicker Brush, Regular$15.99Chewy Price$24.99List Price
- Hartz Groomer's Best Fur Fetcher DeShedding Dog Brush$19.88Chewy Price$24.17List Price
Compare Similar Items
|Material||Stainless Steel, Metal||Stainless Steel, Metal||Plastic||Stainless Steel, Metal||Plastic, Stainless Steel|
|Brush Type||Deshedding Tool||Deshedding Tool||Deshedding Tool||Deshedding Tool||Deshedding Tool|
|Breed Size||Large Breeds||Medium Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds||Small Breeds||—|
|Grooming Tool Type||Groomer Accessory||Groomer Accessory||—||Groomer Accessory||—|
Questions & Answers
12 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
193 Customer Reviews
BEST thing ever
This is not my furst (get it!) Furminator, but it is the biggest. I have a small one that I used on my staffie mix that has an area of long fur. I was using that periodically on my Great Pryeneese but usually just using the rake brush that I have for him. The small furminator is not ideal for a 120lb dog. I bought this because this year he is in constant shed mode. He drops his coat twice a year, but I feel like he's being dropping his coat all year and I'm over vacuuming twice a day. I bought this to use once per week in addition to his every other day brushing and it's the best thing ever! I thought I was getting a lot of hair with the rake. I was wrong! I used this after a bath and blow out and still got 4 grocery bags worth of fur off of him. You'd think with all that fur gone he'd be bald. UMM nope! I've included a picture of my big guy. I don't have before and after photos b/c I'm not sure you can see a difference, but TRUST me, this brush gets all that loose hair and saves me having to vacuum twice a day!
Miss Daisy sheds like crazy so I decided to try out the small size on her & it works great! As you can see it certainly collects lots of fur. I brushed her for 5-10 minutes & then took this picture. She loves getting brushed so she was asking for more. She does still shed fur after I brush her, but the furminator certainly helps maintain it. The only downside with this product is sometimes the part that can pop out the fur from the comb gets stuck & i have to push it back in multiple times to keep using. Otherwise I love it & so does Daisy!
Must have for heavy shedders!
My puppy started shedding horribly about the time he hit 7 months old, and I've spent the last few weeks on the hunt for a good deshedding brush. Let me tell ya - this is IT. Milo is half English Cocker and has a very thick, wavy coat. I was dubious at first, but it quickly became my holy grail grooming tool. Comfortable to hold, easy to use and even easier to release the hair from the brush. I do wish it was a little bit wider to cover more surface area and reduce the time spent brushing, but since it does such a good job I don't mind too much. I use this tool once a week on my pup (either after he's been bathed/dried or just on dry fur) and have noticed a significant decrease in shedding. Highly recommend!
I love this tool, have used one for years. It really works. I haven't found the release to do anything much, I don't use it, just pull hair with fingers. I have had several border collies and lab mixes and nothing I've ever used works as well. Could not live without it.
Loved this. My dog was very hot with her under coat and getting matted. Groomer appointments 6 months out. I used this on her yesterday and she let me brush her a lot. I could not believe the difference and how much under coat came out and how easy it was to use.
Furminator on the dog makes the cat jealous
Our old one had gotten dull after over a dozen years. The new one works just as good. We are pleased. Quince, the dog, looks much slicker and shinier. And, Eleanor, the long-haired cat loves the thing. Eleanor rolls over and turns her tummy up for the gentle brushing stroking effect.
Just be careful
I used the FURminator and LOVED it. The thing worked great on my big dog, however I let lose my youngest with it on our smaller dog and well now he has very little hair left. just be careful with it he has to wear sweaters now. ...... Just joking but I do love the brush for my bigger dog. Little guy was hairless before I bought the brush lol.
FURminator Long Hair Dog deshedding tool
I think it works fantastically, but I just can't get my dog to sit still for the 5-10 minutes to get him used to it.
Got it today and i went to town with this brush. I previously had a generic version..but the real deal works much better! Got a ton of hair out in the first 5 minutes. I can’t give it 4 or 5 stars because first use and the rubber handle is already coming off.
Super duper recommendation
We have Finnish Lapphund (long hair, double coat) and a German Shephard mix and this works amazingly well for both! I had high hopes after reading other reviews but this far surpassed my expectations. This was the result after just a few minutes on each dog - based on other reviews I knew not to try and get all of the undercoat on the first time! I would definitely recommend this brush to anyone looking to deshed their dog!