Furosemide Compounded Chew for Dogs
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
Furosemide is a diuretic that may be prescribed for excess fluid buildup, heart failure, lung disease, and liver disease. Furosemide Compounded Chews are flavored for your pet and are individually sealed in a UV resistant blister pack to retain freshness.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Furosemide Compounded Capsule for Dogs & Cats, 10-mg, 1 Capsule$0.63Chewy Price$0.60Autoship Price
- Vetsulin Insulin U-40 for Dogs & Cats, 10-mL$63.49Chewy Price
- Vetoryl Capsules for Dogs, 5-mg, 30 capsules$53.00Chewy Price$50.35Autoship Price
- Tylan Soluble Powder, 100-g$55.99Chewy Price$53.19Autoship Price
- Trilostane Compounded Chew Chicken Flavored for Dogs, 8-mg, 30 Chews$51.00Chewy Price$48.45Autoship Price
- Ponazuril Compounded Beef Flavored Oral Liquid for Dogs, Cats & Horses, 50-mg/mL, 60 mL$53.95Chewy Price$51.25Autoship Price
- Potassium Citrate Compounded Chew Chicken Flavored for Dogs, 200-mg, 45 Chews$53.38Chewy Price$50.71Autoship Price
- Azathioprine Compounded Oral Liquid Beef Flavored for Dogs & Cats, 2.5-mg/mL, 30 mL$49.95Chewy Price$47.45Autoship Price
ReviewsWrite a Review
4 Customer Reviews
Cannot be ground up; Not scored to be cut in half
These are probably great for dogs 1) With teeth; and 2) Who need a whole pill. However, in case you happen to have a senior, toothless toy dog on furosemide, here is the lowdown: First, these pills are quite soft, so you cannot grind them the way it's possible to grind Vetmedin/Pimobendan. They are also quite large, even when cut in half. Even if my dog had teeth, I'd have to cut the pill into pieces for her. Second, the pills are not scored, so it is difficult to be accurate if you're trying to give half a dose. This is not a medicine you want to be inaccurate with dosing. Incidentally, you need to cut the pills with a knife, as they are too big for a pill cutter. I wish these had worked. They would have been a good way to slightly increase Goldie's current 6.25 dose to 7.5.
Perfect for very small dogs who need a lower dose
My little dog needed a lower Lasix dose than the standard 12.5mg tablet provided. These chews are great! She’s usually fussy about medications in chews but she loves the flavor. These chews are bigger than you might think (approx. 3/4 inches) but they can be split using a knife, which makes them even more useful because they split evenly (unlike Lasix tablets, which always seem to crumble). Bear in mind they’re very chewy, so you may need to cut into smaller pieces for dogs without teeth. Really pleased with these and happy that Chewy stocks them.
Wish there could be more in a pack for the pricing or make selectable of amount
My cat LOVES these Lasix chewables! Now I know it says they're for dogs, but my vet was totally on board with me splitting them to provide the appropriate dose. One less dose of using a piller to get the medicine down (since my cat figured out the "sneaking" it into pill pockets, tuna, etc).