Galapagos Sphagnum Reptile, Amphibian & Insect Terrarium Moss
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Long-fiber sphagnum moss has excellent longevity.
- High absorbency to help control tropical and wetland humidity.
- Free of salt chemicals, oils and parasites.
- Naturally discourages mites and helps stop odors.
- Perfect bedding for frogs and salamanders.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Galapagos Tropicoco Coconut Soil Tropical Reptile & Amphibian Bedding, 8-qt brick, 1 count$7.11Chewy Price$6.75Autoship Price
- Zoo Med HydroBalls Lightweight Expanded Clay Terrarium Substrate, 2.5-lb$10.35Chewy Price$10.99List Price
- Exo Terra Rain Forest Reptile Terrarium Substrate, 24-qt bag$33.31Chewy Price$38.99List Price$31.64Autoship Price
- Zoo Med Eco Carpet, 50-gal$24.99Chewy Price
- Zoo Med Eco Carpet, 10-gal$2.71Chewy Price$10.99List Price
- Fluker's Live Moss for Hermit Crabs, .5-oz bag$5.43Chewy Price$6.90List Price
- Zilla Terrarium Liner, Brown, 40/50-gal$11.99Chewy Price$14.99List Price$11.39Autoship Price
- Galapagos Sheet Moss Reptile & Amphibian Terrarium Moss, Fresh Green, 150 cubic inch bag$5.39Chewy Price$9.99List Price$5.12Autoship Price
- Zilla Terrarium Liner, Green, 75-gal$13.99Chewy Price$19.99List Price$13.29Autoship Price
- Galapagos Magnolia Terrarium Leaves, 4-qt bag$8.38Chewy Price$14.99List Price$7.96Autoship Price
- Exo Terra Forest Bark Natural Fir Terrarium Reptile Substrate, 4-qt$5.98Chewy Price$9.99List Price$5.68Autoship Price
- Zoo Med Premium Repti Bark Natural Fir Reptile Bedding, 8-qt bag$11.34Chewy Price$20.99List Price$10.77Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Litter & Bedding Type||Moss||Moss||Moss||Moss||Moss|
Questions & Answers
9 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
17 Customer Reviews
Not the best for humidity.
I use a mix of several mosses in my gecko terrarium, for looks as well as maintaining humidity levels. Of all the mosses I use this is my least favorite and the one I won't be purchasing again. There are no problems with the packaging or moss itself (which is why I'm rating 5 stars even though I don't *love* it) it just doesn't hold moisture very well or for very long and is very stringy and not appealing, nor very useful compared to the other mosses. Reindeer moss is fabulous for retaining water and has a lovely soft feel to it, I put it in the hideouts; pillow moss is great for the majority of the tank floor with the soil substrate, it stays moist and looks nice, providing a soft floor for the geckos. This moss, however, is hard to keep moist and to "tame" making the enclosure look like a hot mess. 5 stars for the quality and if you like this type of moss, it's a good price. I personally dislike it.
Very good product that came very fast (literally overnight)
shipped and delivered overnight and it’s an overall really great product. It’s actual spahgnum moss (the stuff they sell in stores is dead spahgnum moss). Would highly recommend this product from chewy.com
Not what I was expecting
When I got the package, I was a bit surprised to see a rather flat package of moss. The label says 4 quarts by volume, which is a gallon. I guess it might be that much, if fluffed up. The product photo seems to show a fairly rounded/stuffed package, like a pillow, so it implies that there is more there than what you actually get. It's not a very expensive product, just over $3.00, so it's not a huge deal, but just be aware that you might not be getting what you expect, based on the product photo and description.
I absolutely love this moss!
I use moss for propagating plants, and have tried a number of different misses. This is absolutely one of my favorites. I am very, very disappointed to see that since I first purchased it 2 months ago- the pice has more than doubled. I guess I will be finding another place to purchase from!
As described. It looks like Les than it really is, but once you add it to your enclosure and spritz it with the water, it will hydrate to look and feel better. Can't wait to set up the new email terrarium.
I like this product
This stuff looks nice, and retains moister just like i wanted it to. gives you a good amount for the cost
This product works great for my baby/juvenile leopard gecko for its humid hide
Perfect for redfoot tortoises
I'm not sure why some customers gave this moss a low rating, it's absolutely perfect for its intended use. It is a little dry/stiff out of the bag, but its just fine after a light sprits of water... It helps with humidity and is a natural antifungal. My baby redfoot LOVES burrowing and hiding in it. Highly recommend for tropical reptiles
Messy in Chewy packaging and a little damp
I like ordering from Chewy sometimes, but the packaging is terrible. Because of this, the bag of moss was beat up pretty badly and all over the rest of the items. The moss also seemed a little damp and smelled kind of moldy. In the future I will only buy moss like this in person to avoid the mess and to be able to check it for dampness.
Helped with humidity
Bought this to help better maintain our ball pythons humidity. I just add a few handfuls to his regular substrate and it's done wonders to keep his humidity up. Been using it for a few months now and have had no issues or complaints.