Gatsby StretchX Mesh Slicker Horse Hood
About This Item
- Mesh slicker hood features cool, lightweight, stretchy mesh.
- Protects your horse’s mane and protects from direct sunlight and small insects.
- Full separating zipper for easy on and off.
- Ear and eye holes lined with soft trim to keep your horse comfy.
- 2-inch plastic buckle closure under the belly keeps the hood secure.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Amigo Bravo 12 Wug Lite Horse Sheet, 75$199.95Chewy Price$210.00List Price
- Horseware Goat Rug, X-Small$39.95Chewy Price$50.00List Price
- Equiline Gerald Soundproof Horse Ear Bonnet, Black, Cob$98.00Chewy Price
- Horze Horse Fly Mask, Full, bundle of 3, Black/White$56.97Chewy Price$59.97List Price
- Horze Equestrian Glasgow Light Weight Combo Turnout Horse Sheet, 75$109.99Chewy Price
- Rambo Flymask Plus non treated Horse Fly Mask, Silver & Navy, Horse$60.00Chewy Price
- Gatsby Premium 1200D Waterproof Turnout Horse Sheet, Black, 72-in$138.99Chewy Price
- Gatsby Premium 1680D Waterproof Turnout Horse Sheet, Teal, 78-in$119.99Chewy Price$139.99List Price
Compare Similar Items
|Material||Synthetic Fabric||Polyester, Synthetic Fabric||Synthetic Fabric|
|Tack Type||N/A||Soft Fly Sheets||N/A|
|Closure Type||Slip On||N/A||Slip On|
Questions & Answers
ReviewsWrite a Review
4 Customer Reviews
Good concept, didn’t hold up
I got this to protect what was left of my horses mane because he had managed to rub a good majority off. It does have a good design and fit good and the mesh did help him stay cool, but he managed to shred it within a day. The back Velcro pieces weren’t even on there the next day and it was torn. May be work good if you keep your horse stalled though, but not in turnout.
Effective but a bit flimsy
This hood fits well and stays on. Given that it is made to be used in hot weather, it is perhaps understandable that it cannot be made from heavy-duty material. With that said, however, I anticipate needing to buy another every few weeks. There are several holes worn into this one after about three weeks.
Good for price. Runs small. Had to get a large in this one for a smaller horse.
fragile - tears easily
Rubbing his neck, my pony had this neck wrap shredded within a couple days. I ordered a replacement and patched the one I have, only to find a new torn hole a day later. I'd say the fabric was too fragile - but it does work and his bites are getting better.