GF Pet Elastofit Ice Dog Vest
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Keeps your dog cool and comfortable for hours.
- Elastofit technology and two adjustable Velcro closures ensure a fit that’s just right.
- Fabric is lightweight and protects your pup from harmful UV rays.
- Anti-microbial technology keeps invisible foes off the vest—and your pet.
- No fridge necessary—just wet it, wring it out, and you’re ready to go!
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Frisco Reflective Dog Safety Vest, Large, Yellow$11.51Chewy Price
- dealHurtta Cooling Dog Wrap, Carnation Pink, 26-30-in$31.80Chewy Price$53.00List Price
- Frisco Rugged Dog Life Jacket, Small$19.99Chewy Price
- Kurgo Core Cooling Dog Vest, Large$58.95Chewy Price$63.99List Price
- dealCanada Pooch Wet Reveal Smiley Cooling Dog Bandana, Small$10.00Chewy Price$19.99List Price
- dealCanada Pooch Wet Reveal Smiley Cooling Dog Vest, 16$23.00Chewy Price$45.99List Price
- dealFrisco Nap Queen Dog & Cat Hoodie, X-Large$8.99Chewy Price$14.99List Price
- dealFrisco It's Ruff Being This Cute Dog & Cat T-Shirt, Large$6.00Chewy Price$11.99List Price
- SafetyPUP XD Reflective Dog Vest, Orange, Large$16.95Chewy Price$22.95List Price
- dealGF Pet Neon Reversible Dog Raincoat, Neon Aqua, Large$23.50Chewy Price$46.99List Price
- Frisco Spring Floral Dog & Cat Bandana, Medium/Large$6.95Chewy Price
- Kurgo K9 Core Dog Sweater, Heather Orange, Medium$34.85Chewy Price$35.99List Price
Compare Similar Items
|Material||Vinyl / PVC, Plastic||Polyester, Synthetic Fabric||Mesh, Synthetic Fabric||Polyester, Synthetic Fabric||Polyester, Synthetic Fabric|
|Breed Size||Medium Breeds||Medium Breeds||Small Breeds||Large Breeds||Small Breeds|
Questions & Answers
7 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
45 Customer Reviews
A must for working dogs
I purchased this cooling vest for my Labrador guide dog. The humidity bothers her more than the heat. The vest is extremely easy to use and put on her. simply run the material under cool water ring it out and it is ready for use. The Velcro sides are easy to adjust and hold secure. The material is thin enough to fit nicely under her guide dog harness. as we are out walking the water evaporates from the vest helping to keep her cool. I have noticed since she is wearing the vest she can work much longer in the heat and humidity versus not wearing the vest. after wearing the vest I simply hang it up to dry and it is ready for the next day and our adventure together.
Didn't work for me
This didn't work too well for my dog. It didn't feel significantly cool, and that lasted only about 30 minutes. I wonder why so many people raved about it. My dog has a lot of fur. Maybe it works for shorthaired? Also, I didn't like how it had to fit under a harness, so I'd have to "undress" the dog to take it off. I would want to take off the cooling vest easily, once it looses effectiveness.
Love this cooling vest....except it doesn't clean well
Love this cooling vest for my Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier. She is 14+ years and has a hard time regulating her temperature as she ages. Although she has never been a fan of the heat. This vest cools her right down and she is completely content the problem is when I tried to clean it the blue faded a lot and it still looked dirty. I don't know if it has lost it's effectiveness but I'm disappointed it didn't hold up.
Does the Trick!
My part Chihuahua / part Dachshund doesn't like to put it on, but wears it just fine knowing that she is going for a walk! In our Florida sun and she is solid black, I needed something to keep her safe for her around the block walks. At 9am, it can be 86 degrees, so now I don't worry about her over heating. I also found that when she is in her dog stroller with it on, she is more calm and just sits rather that moving all around. It's a keeper!
Today was the first time my girl wore this. We are in Florida and it is like a hot desert here right now. She is elderly so very sensitive to the heat. I can’t tell if it is keeping her cool. She still pants and has to stop for a few minutes several times. I have a cooling towel for her that works really great, but i have to pin it on her. This vest fits her just right. I really like it, but it has to keep her cool. We’ll see.
Dogs love their cooling vests
I got the GF cooling vests for my dogs as the hot, humid Florida summer is a little much for them. I got a small for my 13 lb Shih Tzu and a large for my 28 lb Border Collie and they are perfect. Now they enjoy their walks and my little guy isn’t ready to quit in 5 minutes. We only walk for about 30 minutes but the vests stay ice cold.
We got this for my shih tzu to help keep her cool during the summer. It’s not as cold when wet as I was expecting, but I toss it in the freezer for a couple of minutes to cool it down more. Her back/chest that are covered are always cooler to the touch than the rest of her body after she wears it while she’s laying out in the sun.
So worth it!!
Our pittie mix hates the heat. We were using wet washcloths & bandanas and then found this. Immediately put it on her in this heat wave and I would recommend for sure. Measure carefully, for reference she’s about 40 lbs and we got an extra large
We have two senior huskies in Texas who enjoy nature watching and sun bathing. These vests make a noticeable difference during the summer. It takes them less time to cool down after potty breaks and their fur is nice and chilly underneath when I take them off. Perfect!
100% recommend, buy it asap
My two pugs have tried a few different aqua vest / cool vest options throughout the years and I have to say this is the best thing ever. Not only is the material perfect for its purpose, but the material also cools down asap without water and just A/C or putting it in the fridge for 2 minutes before putting it on. Absolutely love it and would buy it again.