GMI Keepsafe Wooden Expanding Pet Gate
About This Item
- This high-quality gate is made in the USA and is recommended by many major kennel clubs for its safety and reliability.
- Uneven latticed top discourages pets from jumping over since they can’t see a solid “push off” point.
- GMI’s Soft Touch Finger Latch allows for easy one-handed operation, while the patented rivet design prevents pinch points.
- Gate is “Top of Stairs” safety certified and securely attaches to the wall with simple hand tools.
- Swings 180 degrees for easy pass-through and closes to the smallest profile of any expansion gate when not in use.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- DealFrisco Steel 3-Panel Configurable Dog Gate, 30-in, Black$71.08Chewy Price
- DealCardinal Gates Decorative Freestanding Dog Gate, Walnut Vines$144.95Chewy Price$164.95List Price
- DealPrimetime Petz 360 Configurable Gate Extension Kit, Walnut, 24-in$64.99Chewy Price$69.99List Price
- DealInternet's Best Traditional Arch Pet Gate, Espresso, 36-in, 4-Panel$111.80Chewy Price$123.96List Price
- DealMidWest Decorative Wood & Graphite Steel Dog & Cat Gate, 29-in$55.20Chewy Price$81.99List Price
- DealPrimetime Petz 360 Configurable Gate with Door, 36-in, White$129.99Chewy Price$149.99List Price
- DealInternet's Best Traditional Pet Gate, Espresso, 36-in$110.09Chewy Price$112.96List Price
- DealNorth States Deluxe Hardware Mount Dog Gate, White$83.72Chewy Price$119.99List Price
- DealEtna 3 Piece Adjustable Wooden Gate, Scrolled$39.99Chewy Price$129.00List Price
- DealUnipaws 3 Panel Free Standing Dog Gate, White, Large$99.99Chewy Price
- DealRichell One-Touch Wide Dog Gate II, Brown$249.99Chewy Price$295.00List Price
Compare Similar Items
|Breed Size||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||All Breeds||Extra Small Breeds, Small Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds|
|Gate Feature||Stair Compatible, Walk-Through||Walk-Through, Stair Compatible, Foldable, Locking||Foldable||Walk-Through||Foldable, Retractable|
|Gate Type||Hardware Mounted||Hardware Mounted||Free Standing||Hardware Mounted||Free Standing|
Questions & Answers
41 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
109 Customer Reviews
Not bear proof
I use these gates to keep my Cavalier safe on the patio. I use 3 diffident size gates. 4am last week I had a bear try to break into my house. Charlie's (the cavalier)barking and me turning on the lights scared him/her and he broke the gate getting away. This is a replacement. These gates are beautiful and well made. Just not bear proof. As always Chewy is impeccable!
Keepsafe PET GATE
Great gates this is my third...no not broken just more areas to "fence" off.
Fits perfect on deck at trailer. will need to replace the other one next. will buy again
Perfect dog gate
Exactly what I was expecting. Sturdy, well made and easy to install . Perfect for my needs.
GMI Keepsafe Wooden Expanding Pet Gate
Wood gate is very good, but latch system required a lot of work to make it readily useable Latch opening and eyebolt didn't match at all. Took a lot widening of latch opening with a metal file to make connecting less frustrating. I'm still not at all happy with it' I can't recommend it as is A much easier latching system would solve the deficiencies
Good idea but poor construction
It didn't last a week before it got too difficult to open and then 2 of the slats broke. The securing clasp is too hard to operate with one hand. It is designed with no leverage to operate. Concept is good but too lightweight for the length that it opens.
Just what I was looking for
I wanted a gate for my dog that slid open, instead I found this which is just as good. It is easy to move back although a bit of a challenge to lock the top. Normally, I just attach the bottom and leave the top open. We do not use the bottom stabilizer and it works fine without it.
Ok but flimsy
I have a small dog and this gate is used on our deck to keep her contained. It is flimsy and would not contain a big dog. Also the wood will probably not last past the winter. This gate is fine indoors for a small dog.
Senior dog gate
My large dog has become elderly and incontinent, I bought this gate to keep him in the kitchen area where I put many washable rugs so he can't slip on the tile and I bought the largest Frisco pee pads and covered his orthotic bed with them, it's very easy to handle this with the right tools and my old friend can maintain his dignity and I can maintain my house properly, many people put their old dog down when they begin to have accidents, I am NOT going to kill my best friend because he's old! He's happy, I'm happy and this gate is great, easy to install, latch is tricky at first but after you learn how it works it works great!
This gate provided a way to separate the living room from the kitchen. The knob that is a support in the middle we cut off using a Dremel. Otherwise it's so far off the ground, Rusty would have been able to sneak under it! Otherwise, it works well! Chewy was awesome in sending it promptly.