The Green Pet Shop Cool Pet Pad
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Pressure activated self cooling pad is weight activate so it activates as soon as your pet's paws hit the mat and folds easily for easy storage.
- Patented "green" pad uses a non-toxic gel formula to absorb body heat and reduce body temperature without water, electricity, or refrigeration.
- After a short period of non-use, this convenient pad automatically recharges itself which makes if good for travel.
- Ideal to sooth on hot summer days to keep dogs from overheating or for senior pets or those with hip dysplasia.
- Hand-washable for easy cleanup, or just wipes clean, and fits most standard-size crates and beds.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Frisco Cooling Orthopedic Dog Crate Mat, 22-in$14.39Chewy Price$15.99List Price
- The Green Pet Shop Cool Pet Pad Cover for Cool Pet Pad, Large$14.63Chewy Price$17.99List Price
- Frisco Mocha Swirl Dog Crate Mat, 36-in$20.99Chewy Price
- Pawple Self Cooling Cat & Dog Mat Pad, Blue, Medium, Large$27.99Chewy Price$37.99List Price
- K&H Pet Products Cool Bed III Dog Pad, Blue, Large$63.69Chewy Price$129.99List Price
- K&H Pet Products Coolin' Comfort Orthopedic Dog Bed, Small$51.19Chewy Price$69.99List Price
- Arf Pets Self Cooling Cat & Dog Bed, Large/X-Large$84.99Chewy Price
- PetFusion Premium Cat & Dog Cooling Blanket, Cool Grey, X-Large$44.95Chewy Price
- FurHaven Indoor/Outdoor Solid Cooling Gel Cat & Dog Bed w/Removable Cover, Solid Blue, Small$27.99Chewy Price$33.99List Price
- FurHaven Plush & Suede Cooling Gel Bolster Dog Bed w/Removable Cover, Almondine, Jumbo$84.99Chewy Price$101.99List Price
- FurHaven Trail Pup Packable Stuff Sack Travel Pillow Dog Bed, Flame Red & True Blue, Large$24.99Chewy Price$31.99List Price
- K&H Pet Products Replacement Cot Cover for Elevated Dog Bed, Gray, Large$22.12Chewy Price$27.99List Price
Compare Similar Items
|Material||Plastic||Nylon, Synthetic Fabric||Plastic||Nylon, Synthetic Fabric||Fleece, Synthetic Fabric|
|Breed Size||Medium Breeds||Medium Breeds, Large Breeds||Large Breeds||Large Breeds||Giant Breeds|
|Features||Cooling, Machine-washable||Cooling||Cooling||N/A||Heated, Machine-washable, Non-skid|
|Bed Feature||N/A||Outdoor||N/A||Cooling, Waterproof||N/A|
Questions & Answers
47 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
648 Customer Reviews
Great for hot and aching dogs
We got our first mat a couple of years ago for our older dog to help keep him cool on camping trips and other hot summer days. It usually takes some encouragement to get him on the mat at first but once he figures it out he’ll go to it. It’s been even better this year as he’s getting up there in age and having a harder time with heat. This mat does a great job of cooling him quicker. The mat has worked and held up so well we bought a second one for our puppy this summer. She got really sick with a tick-borne illness last month and commandeered our older dog’s mat while she was recovering. It helped soothe her achy joints and we were so grateful to have something else to help ease her pain while she was recovering from that nasty business. So, while I thought I was crazy for spending the money on even one mat they proven to be worth every penny!
Buy the correct size for your dogs weight and plan on replacing this every seaso
I bought 2 medium sized pads and 1 cover for my 2 Yorkies who weighed a combined total of 13 lbs. I thought that by buying a bigger size that would cover a larger area and with 2 pads I could alternate them to recharge for cooling. These pads need the dogs full wieght on the pad to cause a reaction to create the chilling action. So a 5lb dog is not going to anything to chill a 30lb pad. So my dogs did not weigh enough to get any chilling effect from these pads. Not even when I had both of them on the same pad driving in the hot summer. I stored these very carefully in the same packaging with the paper in the cardboard box, but the next summer when I got them out they were all wrinkled up. My kids were not interested in them at all. So I totally wasted every penny I spent on this product.
My dog just doesn't seem to be interested in lying on this cooling pad. When I lean on it, it doesn't seem to get cool. So tonight I sat on it for 30 minutes and nothing happened, it did not get cool. I hike a good deal with my dog and I thought this would be perfect to cool her down after hikes. It does not work. I don't know if this specific product is defective but I can't get it to cool.
The Not Cool Pet Pad
I thought this would be great for my dog in the hot summers. She loves to lay down on the cool tile of the kitchen, so I bought this for her. She seemed to avoid it rather than want to sit on it, so I tried it myself. I sat on different sections of it on and off for ten minutes and it did not get cool at all. Stayed the same temperature the entire time. Very disappointed.
My dog loves this pad
I just moved from cold Minnesota to super hot Arizona and my dog has been a little slow to adapt to the heat here. I got this pad and put it down and sat on it and I could feel it work immediately. I walked away to get out of my work clothes and when I came back my dog was already sprawled on it. He hasn't moved since.
Unsure of this
Bought this for my elderly bulldog, she however, won't go near it and is scared of the material.. tried covering it with a pillow case and was still too afraid. So I hid it in a dog bed and she's laying on it finally! Thank you chewy
Stays cool and lays flat
Summer upon us, my Maine Coon kitten needed a cooling option and this is great. It truly is cold to the touch and *enjoyable for humans prone to hot flashes*. My cat hasn’t spent much time on it yet but he hasn’t seen a summer yet ;). I got the cover to prevent cat scratches but placement of the mat will be the best insurance for my situation. I don’t place it where he runs and uses claws as traction, rather a hidden enclave. Highly recommend.
Best product ever
I bought this to keep my cat cool on hot days in the car after hikes during the summer. I don't understand how it even works but it so so freaking cool! Cold to the touch and easy to bring along.
I bought an S and a XL (for my French Bulldog puppy and my adult 90 lb French Mastiff girl) about a year ago and they are both still going strong! The dogs love them and it's enough that I step on them for just a few seconds to feel how nice they start to cool my feet. Since we live in hot SoCal and have no AC, these cooling pads are essential for our dogs. The small size is enough for my adult Frenchie between me and hubby in bed, it's big enough for his body but the legs stick out now that he is fully grown. The XL is big enough for my 160lb Great Dane even! The French Mastiff and the French Bulldog fit fine on it together. After a whole year these are still great. The Small size has a couple of wrinkles in it but doesn't seem to have affected the cooling effect and the dog sleeps on it just fine. The XL is completely unaffected. Dogs are not interested in chewing on these pads at all, and it stands up great to their nails etc. No issues! So this year I decided to get a Medium for my ~32lb Frenchie, this is the perfect size for him. And I also got a Large that I will bring with us on roadtrips in case we have to leave the dogs in the car for a couple of minutes. This pad is also great to put on the ground in a shady place for extra coolness. Just know that this pad is pretty heavy, so it might not be something you want to bring on a longer hiking trip. Highly recommend these! Now I have one in each size. XL in the photo.
smells but works
My cat got out and ended up with contact dermatitis. He had bumps which got crusty from scratching. He started losing hair from over grooming. We used the spray cleaner (from chewy) and this after. In 2 weeks, we have seen a major improvement. The smell is slightly strong, but nothing that upsets him or the other cats-or myself.