Halo Holistic Chicken-Free Garden of Vegan Dry Dog Food
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Recipe gives adult dogs balanced nutrition with only plant-based ingredients.
- Made with sustainably sourced, non-GMO veggies and fruits and nothing from factory farms.
- Features a hearty combination of green peas, wholesome grains, and chickpeas—no rice, dairy or corn.
- Formulated to nourish canines’ bodies, giving them all the key nutrients they would get from a meat-based diet.
- Even picky pals will love crunching away at this tasty, plant-based meal.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- DealHalo Holistic Ocean Vegan Dog Food Plant-Based Recipe Adult Formula Dry Dog Food Bag, 4-lb bag$19.99Chewy Price$22.99List Price$18.99Autoship Price
- DealHalo Holistic Garden of Vegan Recipe Adult Canned Dog Food, 5.5-oz, case of 12$27.99Chewy Price$30.99List Price$26.59Autoship Price
- DealV-Dog Kind Kibble Mini Bites Vegan Adult Dry Dog Food, 4.5-lb bag$34.99Chewy Price
- DealNatural Balance Limited Ingredient Vegetarian Recipe Dry Dog Food, 4-lb bag$20.98Chewy Price$19.93Autoship Price
- DealAddiction Zen Vegetarian Sensitive Care Dry Dog Food, 4-lb bag$17.99Chewy Price$17.09Autoship Price
- DealV-Dog Kind Kibble Vegan Adult Dry Dog Food, 30-lb bag$71.99Chewy Price
- DealWalk About Canine Exotics Vegan Recipe Grain-Free Dry Dog Food, 25-lb bag$70.53Chewy Price$71.69List Price$67.00Autoship Price
- Freely Vegetarian Recipe Limited Ingredient Whole Grain Dry Dog Food, 10-lb bag$55.99Chewy Price$59.99List Price$53.19Autoship Price
- DealSquarePet Square Egg Meat Free Formula Dry Dog Food, 4.4-lb bag$27.99Chewy Price$29.39List Price$26.59Autoship Price
- Evanger's Low Fat Vegetarian Dinner Canned Dog & Cat Food, 12.8-oz, case of 12$35.88Chewy Price$34.09Autoship Price
- ORIJEN Fit & Trim Grain-Free Dry Dog Food, 4.5-lb bag$29.99Chewy Price$28.49Autoship Price
- Alpha Chef SAUCE Vegan Recipe Dog & Cat Food Topper, 8-oz bottle$12.99Chewy Price$12.34Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Green Peas, Chickpeas, Pearled Barley...||Chickpeas, Pearled Barley, Oat Groats...||Brown Rice, Oat Groats, Pearled Barley...||Pea, Sweet Potato, Pea Protein...||Brown Rice, Oat Groats, Pearled Barley...|
|Special Diet||Vegan, Chicken-Free, With Grain, High-Protein, ----||Vegan, Vegetarian, Limited Ingredient Diet...||Vegetarian, Vegan, With Grain||Vegan, Vegetarian, Grain-Free, Gluten Free, Sensitive Digestion||Vegetarian, Vegan|
|Health Feature||N/A, Vitamins & Minerals||Skin & Coat Health, Vitamins & Minerals||Immune Support, Digestive Health, Vitamins & Minerals...||—||—|
|Breed Size||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Large Breeds, Medium Breeds, Small Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Extra Small Breeds, Small Breeds|
|Food Flavor||Fruits & Vegetables||Fruits & Vegetables||Fruits & Vegetables||Sweet Potato, Fruits & Vegetables||Fruits & Vegetables|
Questions & Answers
17 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
199 Customer Reviews
Dogs LOVE it!
We have three dogs - 2 Goldens & a Toy Aussie. They all three absolutely love and devour this food for both of their meals. This is the first food, ever, that they've been excited to eat. Typically we put add-ons in the food (veggies, supplements, etc.) and they got so spoiled by that, that they wouldn't want to touch any other food without addons. This food has been the exception! They will eat it plain and look so forward to it!
Disappointed in Halo
For whatever reason my last 3 bags smelled off. The two bags with this date my dogs would not eat and smelled rancid like they used sulphur water to make the dog food. The food of the other date smelled less off. Chewy has offered to refund the bags I return which I have no problem with the chewys service but I am very disappointed with Halo dog food. And currently not ordering their dry food and the wet food has become questionable due to the inconsistency sometimes it’s watery and sometimes it is properly made. I hope Halo practices some quality control.
Pups Love it!
Hoping this kibble never goes away! They stopped selling in stores and I’m nervous they are going to get rid of this brand. My German shepherds are allergic to everything and so I’ve had them on this food for years with eggs for protein and it’s been a saver! Thanks!
I don't recommend this for a dog that has tears
My dog has been tear on one side. But her tear starts on both sides when I feed her this food.
This food gave my dog a much better life quality!!
I rescued my dog at the age of 5, who was pretty much a stray that was not taken care of properly- he loved his life & roamed around the streets of Hawaii every day. Although, when I met him, he was in bad shape from eating foods that he was horribly allergic to, living in the dirt, ect. When I met him, he had severe ear infections & problems with his eyes & teeth. He probably had ear infections his entire life by the looks of it & was infested with fleas. I cleaned him up real good & after about 4 years, spending $1,000’s on medicines, vet visits, food trials, then almost $100 on cytopoint shots- per month, I knew I needed to fine the solution. I didn’t want to inject him with this expensive shot every month that wasn’t good for his health anyways. I got him to take an affordable allergy test from Chewy & he was allergic to pretty much every protein in dog foods & lots of other ingredients in them as well. Going vegan was really the only option. Since switching to Halo’s vegan dry & wet food about a year ago, he stopped needing cytopoint shots, he stopped itching so much (just a tiny bit now, when he used to A LOT & it was probably so miserable for him), his eyes cleared up, no more eye infections & NO MORE EAR INFECTIONS. He lived his whole life with infections & nothing helped except this food & he loves it! It does make him a little gassy & I do have to feed him the wet at a different time than the dry, or else his stomach gets irritated, but it’s worth it! I feed him an egg on occasion as well. Thank you Halo, Nitro is a very happy pup because of this food.
The package came covered in oil. The food itself was not liked by the dog either.
My dogs love it
For some reason, the 10lb bags are $23 and the 20lb bags are $80, which I don’t know how that works. But I’ll keep ordering the 10lb bags as long as the price doesn’t get too crazy. My dogs love this and I like it since it’s not full of questionable goo picked up off a slaughterhouse floor.
My foster dog is allergic/sensitive to all proteins but rabbit and almost everything else included in 90% of dog food. I feed her Instinct rabbit food but that not only has a lot of fish but is high on the protein/fat spectrum. I used a different vegan food prior to this but the 1st ingredient was yeast, which she also is allergic/sensitive to. A couple other food sensitivities include ground flaxseed and barley. Although Halo has these, they are not the first 2-3 ingredients. Feeding half the recommended amount of Halo and 1/2 the recommended amount of Instinct has helped. Her weight is coming down and she has more energy and now runs and plays. I am still on the hunt for the best food with the least amount of food sensitivities for her.
My furry son had high liver enzymes my vet recommended a low protein diet / vegetarian I researched and came across Halo holistic garden and vegan recipe I was skeptical but I tried a small bag and weaned him off of his old high protein high fat food for a whole week and I am now purchasing my second bag he absolutely loved it and the best part, his liver enzymes are 100% back to normal I am now certain he will live a longer healthier life
Best dry food
My dog is in picky! He has a lot of acid reflux and stomach problems so I decided to get him on a semi- vegan diet . He loves it!! I am so surprised but so happy. No stomach problems, no vomiting! Highly highly recommended