Halti Nylon Dog Headcollar
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Unique headcollar design combines maximum steering efficiency with unequaled comfort for the dog, making it both practical and easy to train or modify your dog's behavior.
- Gently allows owner to steer the head and control direction of movement.
- No metal parts come in contact with the dog's skin and point of steering is well down the nose and away from the eyes for a gentle, pain-free correction.
- Can be used as a passive means to stop dogs pulling or as an active training aid.
- Features an on-off muzzling action to close the dog's jaws.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Halti OptiFit Nylon Dog Headcollar, Small: 12 to 15.5-in neck$12.66Chewy Price$25.99List Price
- PetSafe Gentle Leader Padded No Pull Dog Headcollar, Black, Medium: 9 to 19-in neck$18.98Chewy Price$24.99List Price
- Walk 'n Train Polyester Dog Headcollar, Large: 15 to 20-in neck$22.49Chewy Price
- dealPetSafe Gentle Leader Chic Padded Dog Headcollar & Leash, Donuts, Large: 11 to 24-in neck$20.95Chewy Price$26.99List Price
- Kurgo Walk About Dog Head Halter, Multi-color, Large$25.90Chewy Price$26.99List Price
- CollarDirect Leather Basket Dog Muzzle for Pitbull, Black$29.34Chewy Price$34.47List Price
- Coastal Pet Products Best Fit Adjustable Mesh Dog Muzzle, Black, Size 6$12.15Chewy Price$13.49List Price
- CollarDirect Leather Dog Muzzle for Staffordshire & Terrier, Black$29.99Chewy Price$35.44List Price
- PetSafe Easy Walk Dog Harness, Purple/Black, Small/Medium$22.95Chewy Price$28.99List Price
- Baskerville Ultra Dog Muzzle, Tan, Size 6$30.32Chewy Price$35.99List Price
- Caldwell's Original Dual Leash, Red$21.11Chewy Price$24.95List Price
Compare Similar Items
|Material||Nylon, Synthetic Fabric||Nylon, Synthetic Fabric||Nylon, Synthetic Fabric||Nylon, Synthetic Fabric||Polyester, Synthetic Fabric|
|Breed Size||Small Breeds||Medium Breeds||Medium Breeds||Small Breeds||Small Breeds|
|Leash & Collar Feature||N/A||Training||Waterproof||N/A||Training|
|Closure Type||Buckle||Quick Release||Quick Release||Buckle||Buckle|
Questions & Answers
22 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
372 Customer Reviews
The most secure "power-steering" that keeps your pal safe & comfortable
The best of the Head Halters, safe, secure, immediately stops lunging, this is Power-Steering for talking a pleasant walk, finally. i've tried all styles, martingale, slip-chain, prong, vest style. My 'shoulder replacement' is now thankful. This head leader does not ride up,, nor can it be slipped off end of nose-- it's comfortable enough that my 95 lb German Shepherd relented on trying to scrape it off... He eagerly allows the easy 1-snap to collar up,, b/c that means it's an OUTING.. fun, fun. Now can begin training with walking, turning, close-in, stopping, & Sit. Not a chance of the above, without this Halti Head Collar.
Looks very week made
I bought this after I list my gentle leader head collar. I was looking for a little more comfort for my dogs nose. The one I got us too big but my pup will grow into it soon so I am just going the buy the next smaller size too! The nose piece is padded and the 2 connections from the side to the bottom are way more comfortable. It also attatched to their collar. Very nice product.
pretty good product
Doggie hates it. because he has to OBEY!!! He's like a completely different animal when this is on. However, he now hides when he sees it. So i have to grab him and either step on his leash or have my wife hold his head. A larger than average Shetland Sheepdog, if left alone his paw will slide it off the end of his fairly long nose. I think it's a size 2. That's why i give it a 4 star instead of 5. But it is comfy on him. it's good that this also attaches to the collar as he would escape when it comes off. Well made. I could tighten it up but with all that hair it's already hard to fasten the clasp without getting hair stuck in it. That would help with his escaping from it but it would be almost impossible to put on if i did. So i use it about every other walk now. He is still a pita without this on tho. He is night and day different with it on tho.
Must Have for Strong Pullers
My 65 lb Spoo is a dream to walk now! She is an incredibly strong puller that loves to jump and bite the leash. With this headcollar she heels on a loose leash without any pulling at all. Every once in a while she likes to have a mini tantrum and paw at her face or try to step in the martingale chin loop to pull it off. Today was just the first day wearing it, so she'll get used to it and come around. This headcollar works wonders with the Halti training lead; you have complete control of the dog's head, you can wear the lead for hands free walks, as well as use it as a tie out for a brief moment.
So this just didn't work for my dog. It's been a constant struggle. A dog trainer told me that a prong collar would be more effective in reducing pulling while on walks. So I bought a cheap prong collar from a local pet store and it's made a huge difference. So I will be buying a Herm Sprenger prong collar from chewy.
Would you control a horse by a collar instead of a harness?
This has been amazing for us. My dog is reactive and weights 80 lbs. I have taught him to heel, and he's pretty good. If we should run into another dog though, he may pull, and lunge to the point that I am struggling to control him. The result was that I didn't want to take him on long walks. He doesn't love the head collar, but it doesn't hurt him. He tolerates it and forgets about it after a while. As long as he stays in the correct zone, the headcollar stays loose around his muzzle. It provides instant feedback to Bleu so he notices that he's in the wrong place and can correct it. Primarily, I can move him along with me with one arm. We now have at least a mile per day walk, and I can tell it's so good for both of us. Thanks Halti!
My standard poodle was hacking when I used the basic chain training collar on him. I switched to the headcollar and wow not only no longer choking but is much easier to control and keep the heel position. Both of us are much happier.
Halti — They really do work
We used the Halti on our 2nd second german shepherd and after 6 months of use we were able to walk her with a loose leash. We currently have a 6 month old German Shepherd, she is doing very well walking without pulling with the use of a Halti. When she does try to pull ahead on our walks, the Halti keeps her in check, as they say wherever the head goes the body will follow. Both GSDs did have to adjust to wearing the Halti, so you have to be diligent about using the Halti even though they may complain.
Works like a charm!
I ordered a size 3 in black for my American Lab. The widths of his neck behind the ears was 17 inches. Head collar fits perfectly. He initially tossed his head around a little bit. Once we started on the walk he was perfect! No pulling and walked right by my side, listened to commands, I have him sit at every corner. This gead collar/harness allows the dog to drink, etc. It is heavier made than the last one.
I've been using this on my standard poodle for our walks- couldn't be happier! Took some time for him to get used to wearing it, but he quickly adapted. The headcollar is good quality, I especially like that the noseband is padded for comfort!