Halti Nylon Dog Headcollar
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Unique headcollar design combines maximum steering efficiency with unequaled comfort for the dog, making it both practical and easy to train or modify your dog's behavior.
- Gently allows owner to steer the head and control direction of movement.
- No metal parts come in contact with the dog's skin and point of steering is well down the nose and away from the eyes for a gentle, pain-free correction.
- Can be used as a passive means to stop dogs pulling or as an active training aid.
- Features an on-off muzzling action to close the dog's jaws.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Halti OptiFit Nylon Dog Headcollar, Medium: 15 to 20-in neck$16.49Chewy Price$28.99List Price
- PetSafe Gentle Leader Padded No Pull Dog Headcollar, Black, Large: 11 to 24-in neck$19.95Chewy Price$24.99List Price
- Walk 'n Train Polyester Dog Headcollar, Large: 15 to 20-in neck$22.40Chewy Price$22.49List Price
- Kurgo Walk About Dog Head Halter, Multi-color, Medium$22.99Chewy Price
- PetSafe Gentle Leader Chic Padded Dog Headcollar & Leash, Donuts, Medium: 9 to 19-in neck$23.97Chewy Price$26.99List Price
- PetSafe Two Point Control Nylon Reflective Dog Leash, Black/Gray, Medium/Large: 6-ft long, 3/4-in wide$12.95Chewy Price$14.99List Price
- PetSafe Chic Easy Walk No Pull Dog Harness, Donuts, Medium: 21 to 32-in chest$25.95Chewy Price$33.99List Price
- PetSafe Easy Walk Dog Harness, Royal Blue/Navy, Medium/Large$22.95Chewy Price$28.99List Price
- Max & Neo Dog Gear Nylon Reflective Double Dog Leash, Blue, 6-ft long, 1-in wide$16.99Chewy Price$29.99List Price
- PetSafe Cotton Dog Training Lead, Black, 30-ft long, 5/8-in wide$22.99Chewy Price
- PetSafe Bling Easy Walk Nylon No Pull Dog Harness, Purple Bling, Medium: 23 to 33-in chest$25.95Chewy Price$33.99List Price
Compare Similar Items
|Material||Nylon, Synthetic Fabric||Nylon, Synthetic Fabric||Nylon, Synthetic Fabric||Nylon, Synthetic Fabric||Polyester, Synthetic Fabric|
|Breed Size||Small Breeds||Medium Breeds||Medium Breeds||Small Breeds||Medium Breeds|
|Closure Type||Buckle||Buckle||Quick Release||Quick Release||Buckle|
|Leash & Collar Feature||—||—||Waterproof||Training||Training|
Questions & Answers
22 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
375 Customer Reviews
Halti for training
I love the halti for training dogs to walk nicely on the leash; used it with all my GSDs and those that I fostered without any issues (size 3). This is the first time I used a size 2 for a smaller dog. I was disappointed in the sewing/strength of the under-the-chin strap. My small dog was able to bust it, twice. I made/sewn my own loop, works better. Overall, I would absolutely recommend this for training anyone's pet to walk like a lady/gentleman on a leash. I have found this to work better than any choker chain, prong, martingale, or other devices. Dogs don't like it, however, I can have them walking, pull-free, within 10 minutes. Also, I would recommend the company review the strength/sewing of the smaller sizes.....small doesn't mean weak.
Works, but at a cost I'm not comfortable with....
Does this item work? Yes. It fits my dog's head correctly, even though I sized up. It even makes walks easier. However, I cannot and will not use it anymore because the mouth opening is so small. It doesn't allow my dog to pant fully. This is a big no no in a hot state like mine. Please be careful and make sure your dog can breathe with this item.
The most secure "power-steering" that keeps your pal safe & comfortable
The best of the Head Halters, safe, secure, immediately stops lunging, this is Power-Steering for talking a pleasant walk, finally. i've tried all styles, martingale, slip-chain, prong, vest style. My 'shoulder replacement' is now thankful. This head leader does not ride up,, nor can it be slipped off end of nose-- it's comfortable enough that my 95 lb German Shepherd relented on trying to scrape it off... He eagerly allows the easy 1-snap to collar up,, b/c that means it's an OUTING.. fun, fun. Now can begin training with walking, turning, close-in, stopping, & Sit. Not a chance of the above, without this Halti Head Collar.
Good product but poor sizing guidelines
We have owned many haltis but usually buy them in a store. We measured for this recent one and it is nowhere close to fitting around the snout and we have a pretty average shaped dog. Won’t buy these online again.
Looks very week made
I bought this after I list my gentle leader head collar. I was looking for a little more comfort for my dogs nose. The one I got us too big but my pup will grow into it soon so I am just going the buy the next smaller size too! The nose piece is padded and the 2 connections from the side to the bottom are way more comfortable. It also attatched to their collar. Very nice product.
pretty good product
Doggie hates it. because he has to OBEY!!! He's like a completely different animal when this is on. However, he now hides when he sees it. So i have to grab him and either step on his leash or have my wife hold his head. A larger than average Shetland Sheepdog, if left alone his paw will slide it off the end of his fairly long nose. I think it's a size 2. That's why i give it a 4 star instead of 5. But it is comfy on him. it's good that this also attaches to the collar as he would escape when it comes off. Well made. I could tighten it up but with all that hair it's already hard to fasten the clasp without getting hair stuck in it. That would help with his escaping from it but it would be almost impossible to put on if i did. So i use it about every other walk now. He is still a pita without this on tho. He is night and day different with it on tho.
Must Have for Strong Pullers
My 65 lb Spoo is a dream to walk now! She is an incredibly strong puller that loves to jump and bite the leash. With this headcollar she heels on a loose leash without any pulling at all. Every once in a while she likes to have a mini tantrum and paw at her face or try to step in the martingale chin loop to pull it off. Today was just the first day wearing it, so she'll get used to it and come around. This headcollar works wonders with the Halti training lead; you have complete control of the dog's head, you can wear the lead for hands free walks, as well as use it as a tie out for a brief moment.
So this just didn't work for my dog. It's been a constant struggle. A dog trainer told me that a prong collar would be more effective in reducing pulling while on walks. So I bought a cheap prong collar from a local pet store and it's made a huge difference. So I will be buying a Herm Sprenger prong collar from chewy.
Would you control a horse by a collar instead of a harness?
This has been amazing for us. My dog is reactive and weights 80 lbs. I have taught him to heel, and he's pretty good. If we should run into another dog though, he may pull, and lunge to the point that I am struggling to control him. The result was that I didn't want to take him on long walks. He doesn't love the head collar, but it doesn't hurt him. He tolerates it and forgets about it after a while. As long as he stays in the correct zone, the headcollar stays loose around his muzzle. It provides instant feedback to Bleu so he notices that he's in the wrong place and can correct it. Primarily, I can move him along with me with one arm. We now have at least a mile per day walk, and I can tell it's so good for both of us. Thanks Halti!
My standard poodle was hacking when I used the basic chain training collar on him. I switched to the headcollar and wow not only no longer choking but is much easier to control and keep the heel position. Both of us are much happier.