Halti OptiFit Nylon Dog Headcollar
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Unique design gently directs your dog’s head, steering him into desired positions.
- Comprised of a self-adjusting chin strap and reflective cheek straps that follows the contours of your dog’s face.
- Fits dogs that other headcollars don’t, including short and long nosed breeds.
- Provides maximum comfort and optimum fit no matter what shape or size.
- Can be used as a passive means to stop dogs pulling or as an active training aid.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Sporn Head Control Dog Halter, Black, Large$19.99Chewy Price$29.99List Price
- Halti Nylon Dog Headcollar, Size 2: 14 to 19-in neck$12.50Chewy Price$24.99List Price
- PetSafe Gentle Leader Padded No Pull Dog Headcollar, Black, Small: 7 to 15-in neck$19.95Chewy Price$24.99List Price
- Kurgo Walk About Dog Head Halter, Multi-color, Medium$22.99Chewy Price
- The Perfect Dog Command Training Dog Collar, Small/Medium$23.19Chewy Price$24.99List Price
- PetSafe Gentle Leader Chic Padded Dog Headcollar & Leash, Bonez, Medium: 9 to 19-in neck$22.95Chewy Price$26.99List Price
- PetSafe Two Point Control Nylon Reflective Dog Leash, Black/Gray, Medium/Large: 6-ft long, 3/4-in wide$12.95Chewy Price$14.99List Price
- Walk 'n Train Polyester Dog Headcollar, Large: 15 to 20-in neck$22.41Chewy Price$22.49List Price
- Kurgo Double Dog Leash Extender$24.95Chewy Price$26.99List Price
- Kurgo Walk About Training Dog Reins, Multi-color$28.99Chewy Price
- PetSafe Easy Walk Nylon No Pull Dog Harness, Teal, Large: 27 to 40-in girth$22.95Chewy Price$28.99List Price
- PetSafe 3-in-1 Reflective Dog Harness with Car Control Strap, Teal, Small: 19 to 24-in chest$24.99Chewy Price$37.99List Price
Compare Similar Items
|Material||Nylon, Synthetic Fabric||Nylon, Synthetic Fabric||Polyester, Synthetic Fabric||Nylon, Synthetic Fabric||Nylon, Synthetic Fabric|
|Breed Size||Large Breeds||Large Breeds||Large Breeds||Small Breeds||Large Breeds|
|Closure Type||Buckle||Quick Release||Buckle||Buckle||Quick Release|
|Leash & Collar Feature||—||Training||Training||—||Waterproof|
Questions & Answers
18 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
315 Customer Reviews
Largest size does not fit Saint Bernard
I bought this for my 125 pound Saint Bernard. She is actually on the small end of size for her breed. Neck is fine but the nose piece digs into her eyes. The design is terrible. I bought the largest size but it fits worse than the size 4 in the original design. Do not recommend for large faced dogs.
Great for large dog
Honestly, I dont get the mixed reviews. I bought mine when my pup was a pup. This thing has lasted over a year for my pit bull boxer mix. If you know anything they are high strung and full of energy. He's a stronger puller at 68 pds of pure muscle. I walk him and my 12yrs old lab pit mix together and it's never been easier. This thing has been a real life saver, especially after my car accident (a few months) messed up my shoulder and neck pretty bad. I'm in severe physical therapy 3 times a week and even with all of that I can walk him easily with his leader. I've only had to replace it once, and that's because I lost it at the park. For those who say it's not durable i don't know why yall let them chew on them. That's human error not manufactured defect. His leader has been pawed, scratched on, used it during hiking trails, biking trails, in water, he's rubbed his face on the rocks trying to take it off when he was a pup and nothing. That thing is solid.
perfect for pullers
My year old Doberman has always dragged me on walks - it’s been awful - I put a Halti on her and it stopped INSTANTLY. Granted, she’s not thrilled but neither was I getting dragged around. This is much, much better!! Love it.
So far I'm satisfied, but have concerns
A bit of a two sided review, but here we go. I like the design in the way it fits on my dog (Great Dane) when sized correctly it doesn't shift around or cause skin irritation/bruising. It's very simple to put on (a lot simpler than other head collars I've seen/tried). He adjusted to it like a champ and doesn't pull at all anymore which used to be a problem. So it certainly gets the job done and for that I'd recommend this product. My concern is the longevity of the product. I've had mine for a few months and haven't had issues, however I keep it out of reach when not in use and when we walk I don't let him bite/claw at it. Not hard to do since he really isn't bothered by it. But, I can tell the material is not very durable so if you have an intense puller I would not rely on this on it's own; it really wouldn't take much for a dog to break out of. I don't have a problem with it because I walk my boy with double leashes. One leash is attached to the headcollar as a guide, the second leash is loosely held and attached to his chest harness as a backup in case the headcollar fails/breaks. I'm satisfied with this product because it meets my need, however it may not be the right solution for everyone.
It technically works, it helps my dog from pulling. She is not a huge fan but I would say it is because it shifts way too much. I measured and adjusted it the way it said and it still moves a ton and she fights it while walking. She is stubborn and is a strong puller (northern breed puppy) but I would say she wouldn't fuss with it so much if it didn't ride up on her eyes and pull her lips up. It attaches under the chin with your leash and since you walk on the side of your dog and not in front it just pulls the whole thing to the side. I'd say the idea of this works but execution of the design does not.
Didn’t Last 1 Walk
This headcollar didn’t even last an entire walk. My 10 month old goldendoodle managed to snap the nose strap 15 mins into the first walk with this product. I would not recommend this headcollar to anyone. Do not purchase unless your dog is already extremely mild mannered, which completely defeats the purpose of this collar.
Lifesaving no pull collar
Thanks to our bestie Renee who suggested these for our Weimaraner & Gsp who were bad pullers. I was unable to walk them. Now it’s a breeze and my husband can now go back to golf.
Headcollar doesn't always stay on
I bought this for my border collie, but he seems to be able to get the bottom of the collar off his head and into his mouth. The collar works fine but for my dog it would probably help if it was a bit wider.
My mom likes it...
My mom got me this new nose harness. I work hard to roll it off in snow or on bushes, but so far, it's staying. She really likes it, because when I see other dogs, I think I should protect her, with this nose hoop, she gets my attention right away and she seems so much calmer and happier on walks. Just wish it came with a treat dispenser :-)
Works very well in restraining big dogs from pulling you over when they are distracted.