HandicappedPets Hock Style Rear Leg Dog Splint
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Provides support, stabilization and immobilization for your pal’s heel and ankle joint.
- Perfect to help heal sprains, fractures, and Achilles tendon problems, after surgery or during physical therapy.
- Ideal for elderly pups with mobility issues or joint conditions such as arthritis.
- Made of lightweight, waterproof, durable exterior with cushioned inner lining for everyday wear.
- Comes in different sizes to accommodate dogs of all breeds and builds.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- HandicappedPets Rear Leg Dog & Cat Splint, Large$85.28Chewy Price
- NeoAlly Back Hock Dog Brace, X-Large, 2 count$28.95Chewy Price
- NeoAlly Rear Leg Dog Brace, Small$35.95Chewy Price
- NeoAlly Front Leg Dog Brace, L/XL, 2 count$28.99Chewy Price
- NeoAlly Front Leg Metal Spring Support Dog Brace, Small / Medium$31.95Chewy Price
- HandicappedPets Carpal Style Front Leg Dog Splint, Large$53.90Chewy Price
- Labra Dog Support Sling, XX-Large$17.95Chewy Price$27.95List Price
- NeoAlly Elbow Protector Dog & Cat Support Brace, Both Legs, X-Large$78.95Chewy Price
- Medipaw Basic Dog & Cat Protective Boot, X-Small$34.50Chewy Price$39.00List Price
- HandicappedPets Dog Wrist Wrap, Small$17.55Chewy Price$18.00List Price
- Pet Wellbeing Young at Heart Bacon Flavored Liquid Heart Supplement for Dogs & Cats, 4-oz bottle$59.95Chewy Price$56.95Autoship Price
- HandicappedPets Rear Leg Dog Hock Wrap, Small$21.02Chewy Price$21.95List Price
Compare Similar Items
|Breed Size||Large Breeds||Large Breeds||Large Breeds||Large Breeds||Large Breeds|
|Health Feature||First Aid||First Aid||First Aid||First Aid||First Aid|
|Lifestage||Senior, Adult||Adult||Senior, Adult||Adult||Adult|
Questions & Answers
11 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
19 Customer Reviews
This didn’t work out for my dog. She won’t move if I put it on her. She just sits there with sad ears until I take it off. I’ve coaxed her a few steps in it with food but she doesn’t like it. It won’t work for us. Unfortunately for me I think I missed the return window.
Helped injured pug
Bought this for my pug to use until his custom brace comes in. He suffered an injury that severed his achilles. This brace allows him to walk/weight bear on the affected leg.
It is too long. Went by the chart, but my dog is obese, so the brace is too long for his height.
Hock Style Rear Leg Dog Splint
It seems to be too small for my dog, is there a way I can exchange it for something larger?
Well made product
My dog has a dropped hock and rather than opt for expensive surgery we thought we would give this splint a try. Although it certainly will not heal his injury when he has the splint on he walks normally and it provides the perfect amount of support. It seems to be well made and solid so hopefully it will last a long time.
Works good for injury treatment
This brace works well. Our GSP recently tore her Achilles’ tendon which required surgery. While waiting for the surgery to get done we got her the brace for additional stability. When we took her in for surgery her surgeon was so impressed with it he wanted to use it post surgery instead of using a cast. We ordered an additional brace so we have a spare.
Awesome Splint, even better customer service
Ordered the medium sized splint for my pup , order came in very quickly and tried it out. Unfortunately the splint was a little too big. It fit well but once he took a couple steps it started to slip down a bit and it made it hard for him to walk. Called in looking to exchange for the small and they told me not to worry about returning it. They recommended I donate it so I’m gonna donate it to the shelter I adopted my dog from. What a relief not having to worry about shipping labels and where I could drop off said return item...5 stars for the item and customer service. Thank you chewy
Well made and does what its supposed to do which is to support the hock.
First of all I want to say, that the costumer service its the best I have experienced in a long time. The brace is well made and does what it promises. For my particular case it was the measurement that didn't match my needs. The only problem I have noticed its that the extra large for my 100lb American Bulldog its too long, but the width is perfect, so I called to returned it and got a large one right away. So when the new one arrived, I noticed it was a little more snug but I decided to use it anyway. My dog seemed to walk fine with it, but sitting was very uncomfortable. He wore it for a few hours and I went to bed; by the next day he had managed to take it off and destroyed it completely. I called my son and asked him to cut the length of the extra large to the first strap (which left it same size as the large one but wider) This was the solution! But my dog is persistent and had managed to removed it every single time. The Cone doesn't allow him to go through the doggie door and I am away at work for 10 hours during the week. I tried the other collars, improvised with towels around the neck , and other types of collars. He left it alone as long as I was watching him. I put a sock, an elastic wrap and anything I could think off, to prevent him to getting at those straps. (with the neck collar on) He managed it by stretching his leg way out and that way he got access to the first strap, and the rest is history. :( I am now in the search for a muscle that will cover his snout and hopefully this will be the end of it. But I have to buy another extra brace and cut it to the desired length.
Amazing customer service
My review is mostly for the quality and the generous customer service Chewy provided! We originally purchased this for out 8 month old Lab as he had developed what we were first old was a callus, but after a second opinion discovered it was a cyst from a previous injury that just needs to be drained. So while this product fit him perfectly, was very well made and was able to protect his little lump - we stopped use after a week. Since he is a puppy, I cut up a pair of my compression socks to put over the wrap and prevent him from chewing the Velcro straps (this proved very effective). I called Chewy customer service and was issued a full refund right away and told me to donate the wrap to a local rescue in need since the manufacturer did not want it returned! I’d say if your pet needs this it is very effective and high quality considering the cost - plus the return policy and customer service keeps me a loyal Chewy shopper!
The item was sent right away. It arrived and was as advertised. However. It did not work for my dog. I ordered the extra small and it was still too big for her leg. I will be returning the item.