Happy Hoodie Calming Cap for Dogs
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Creates a swaddling effect and helps reduce loud noises to help instill calmness.
- Can help prevent hematomas.
- Helps relieve anxiety during stressful situations like grooming, thunderstorms and trips to the vet.
- Keeps your pet’s head and ears warm.
- Helps protect your furry friend’s hearing during blow drying or when there’s loud noises.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- DealHappy Hoodie Calming Cap for Dogs, Small & Large, 2 count, White$16.99Chewy Price
- DealAmerican Kennel Club AKC Anxiety Vest for Dogs, Blue, Small$29.99Chewy Price$34.99List Price
- DealThunderWunders Melatonin Calming Dog Chews, 180 Count$32.99Chewy Price$39.95List Price$31.34Autoship Price
- DealThunderEssence Natural Essential Oil Calming Spray for Dogs, 4-oz$12.75Chewy Price$19.95List Price$12.11Autoship Price
- DealShed Defender Sport Dog Onesie, Black, X-Large$57.99Chewy Price
- DealThunderEase Calming Diffuser Refill for Dogs, 30 day, 2 count$39.99Chewy Price$44.95List Price$37.99Autoship Price
- DealShed Defender Original Dog Onesie, Black, X-Large$57.99Chewy Price
- DealChew + Heal Anxiety & Stress Dog Supplement, 2 pack, 60 count$22.99Chewy Price$21.84Autoship Price
- DealZesty Paws Hemp Elements Mobility OraStix Peppermint Flavored Dog Dental Chews, 25-oz bag$24.97Chewy Price$23.72Autoship Price
- DealDog Fashion Spa Aromatherapy for Dogs, 0.35-oz$16.00Chewy Price
- DealSurf City Anxiety Vest for Dogs, Black, X-Large$72.81Chewy Price$74.99List Price
- DealbSerene Calming Collar for Dogs, Medium to Large$34.99Chewy Price
Compare Similar Items
|Breed Size||Small Breeds, Large Breeds, Giant Breeds||Large Breeds, Small Breeds||Giant Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds|
|Material||—||—||Nylon, Cotton, Natural Fabric, Synthetic Fabric||—|
Questions & Answers
12 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
94 Customer Reviews
Decent Item With One Issue
It seems very well made, but I don't understand why the very thick seam is in the middle inside: where it will be over very tender parts of a dog (their ears and head). I turned it "inside out" when I used it to make it as comfortable as possible. I think shifting the seam on either edge would work as well. I specifically bought it for softening the sound of fireworks and possibly adding a comforting factor. My Silky Terrier also was wearing a thundershirt. It seemed to work more than just the thundershirt alone, and of course the look of it on him made me smile.
Bought this for an older dog who has had increasing fear of loud noises. Thunderstorms now reduce her to full body shaking and hiding — which they never did previously. We’ve tried this twice in storms and while I haven’t seen a significant reduction in fear I will say she appears to like having it on, so I will keep trying. Our vet recommended this and CBD oil and that seems to be really perking her up (to my surprise, I’m a real doubter), but we haven’t had her on it thru a thunderstorm yet so we will see. Figure it can’t hurt to use both products!
not for my girl
I would have given this snood 5 stars because I love it, but my girl was not impressed. If I worked with her longer and harder, she might have learned to wear it, but she actually began to shake more with it on because she has allergies and had developed a hematoma on her left ear and she had a procedure to drain it. It did not seem to irritate her, and she wore it briefly, but she did shake, and this moved the snood to her neck where it became a fancy collar. My girl is a Double Merle, both blind and deaf so it is difficult to teach some behaviors and she has a rather small head which made it more difficult to keep in place. She is built like a Lab. BUT, if your dog likes to wear clothing and will wear hats and other items, which many do, this snood is heavy weight, thick, appeared to be comfortable and soft, is well made and stretchy. It seems to be of good quality. I was impressed. I'm keeping it for possible future need.
Not for my dogs
I bought 2 small ones for my 2 mini schnauzers that are afraid of thunderstorms. When I put it on my 13 yr old he didn’t move and eventually tried to take it off. My 3 yr old pancaked on the floor and then tried to get it off. I put them on a few times but they did the same things. They are stretchy but tight.
My dog is not a fan, but it works
I got a size small for my 14lb dog hoping it would help her fear of fireworks. She's worn it twice. It is tight, but not too tight. When I put it on her, she would freeze and wouldn't move very much, aside from swinging her head to the side to show me how very sad she was. However, within 10 minutes or so, she'd be lying down and fast asleep. One thing I don't like is the width. My dog is small so she has a really short neck, so I have to double the fabric over on the small size, which creates additional compression on an already tight Happy Hoodie. It seems like the width should be scaled to the size more than it is.
My beagle suffers greatly from anxiety. During thunderstorms and the noise of fireworks, he is a nervous wreck. A couple of years ago, I purchased noise-canceling headphones for him to wear. The Happy Hoodie Calming Cap helps to keep his headphones in place!
I’m so amazed how good the happy hoodie helped my Jack Russell with thunder and fireworks. He can’t hardly keep his eyes open. Usually goes to sleep. He was so pitiful before the hoodie. He likes having it on. Doesn’t need thunder shirt any more . I guess it’s like if I took a Valium or something lol. Just ordered one for a lab I rescued. He’s so afraid of baths.
This item works
I have a blue healers that is hysterical with fear when it comes to fireworks. This item is well made, thick, goes on easy. It does block out a lot of the noise because we noticed the difference immediately. The really loud explosions which make the house shake are still a problem and that is understandable. The only problem I had with it was that she would shake her head sometimes and occasionally it would slide down around her neck. I would still recommend this item it was a big help.
I bought this to use when I dry my dog with a forced air dryer. I think it was a better experience that when I have blown out the floof with out it.
My yorkie has severe anxiety attacks to fireworks and thunderstorms. She already has a Thundershirt, medicine and a background noise machine but this sealed the deal to help her feel more calm! I use all her other products and leave this until last when things are really getting loud. It doesn't bother her at all but I try not to leave it on for any more than an hour. Total game changer!