Heininger PortablePET Truck Twistep Dog Hitch Step
About This Item
- Easily swivels out from under the pickup truck in seconds and tucks away under the bumper when not in use; simple to install on two-inch receiver hitches.
- Low-impact, low-stress vehicle access is great for dogs of all ages, sizes and activity levels; allows for six inches of height adjustment.
- Helps limit or prevent potential risks like arthritis, leg injuries, back sprains and other spinal injuries.
- Also eliminates potential personal injury caused by lifting a large, heavy dog into the back of your pickup truck.
- Sturdy steel construction and 22 x 19-inch rubber-padded step holds up to 400 pounds; also makes an ideal step or stool for people!
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- PetSafe Happy Ride Dog Car Hitch Step$159.95Chewy Price
- TRIXIE Heavy Duty 4-Step Foldable Dog Stairs, Silver/Black$122.67Chewy Price$142.99List Price
- Pet Gear Travel Lite Tri-Fold Dog & Cat Ramp with SupertraX, Black/Green$88.19Chewy Price$102.98List Price
- PetSafe Happy Ride Mini Dog Ramp, Junior$69.95Chewy Price$79.99List Price
- TRIXIE 69-in Heavy Duty Telescoping Dog Ramp, Silver/Black$139.99Chewy Price
- Pet Gear Free-Standing Foldable Dog Car Steps, Chocolate$166.79Chewy Price$189.98List Price
- Kurgo Wander Dog Ramp$97.23Chewy Price$108.99List Price
- Pet Gear Free-Standing Extra Wide Carpeted Dog Car Ramp, Chocolate$140.99Chewy Price$149.98List Price
- PetSTEP Folding Pet Ramp, Graphite$148.08Chewy Price$179.99List Price
- Pet Gear Easy Step IV Deluxe Soft Cat & Dog Stairs, Oatmeal/Chocolate$127.98Chewy Price
- PetSafe CozyUp Foldable Wooden Cat & Dog Stairs, X-Large$169.95Chewy Price
- Majestic Pet Villa Cat & Dog Stairs, Orange, 4 Step$59.75Chewy Price$118.00List Price
Questions & Answers
2 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
4 Customer Reviews
Wish I had owned this for my other dogs!
The Twistep is very easy to use on our Jeep Grand Cherokee. The step swings underneath easily and is unobtrusive. We use our hitch for pulling a trailer and my husband can remove and reinstall the Twistep in a couple minutes. We purchased a lock for it. For some reason the lock requires a metric wrench that we had to purchase. I trained our dog, an Airedale, to use the ramp in just one training session. At the first introduction our Airedale was reluctant to use it. So I lifted his front paws up on the step and gave him a treat. Then I physically boosted his butt so he would move into the vehicle, and gave him another treat. Getting out by hopping on the step seemed to be instinctive to him. (I do always make sure he approaches the step head on rather than trying to enter from the side.) After that, our oversized pet knew just what to do. Only way to load a big dog.
Cheap, poor design
Fell apart after a few weeks of use. Upon inspection of the design and mangled parts, failure was unavoidable. I paid $300 for this, now I'm trying to figure out how to at least make it work until I replace it. I did not pay so much to re-engineer something so basic. A refund sure would be nice.
Easy for my Shepherd
Let's start with saying I am a 5'1 woman with a hundred pound german shepherd and I just recently decided to upgrade from my old camry to a new colorado. I had grand thoughts of my guy riding in the bed for our very frequent short rides to my parents house and save myself the resulting hair disaster inside each time. Turns out loading him was a much bigger problem than I thought it would be. He is NOT agile or a jumper. I borrowed a friend's ramp for a bit, but then I found the twistep! My dog took to it soooo fast! It took a bit to train him to the ramp, and he really didn't like it, but this? He immediately took to it. I have trained him over the years to step up onto weird things, so once I told him to "step up" (with the aide of cheese) he was up and climbing in! Much easier for me to maneuver than the ramp too, and takes up less room. Now then, it just barely fits under the spare tire of my 2020 chevy Colorado. Like, I actually have to force it a bit past the tire each time I swing it in or out. But at least I know it's pretty secure there! And BONUS it's a wonderful tool for us shorties too!!! I have only had this for a few days, so let's see if it keeps me as impressed as I am now!
Great Product but...
Would be perfect for my needs but it didnt fit under my spare tire even though it was adjusted all the way down. To be fair spare tire sits pretty low under the hitch. The truck is a 2017 F250 4x4 with stock 34” tires