Hen Up Layer Mash Organic Chicken Food, 25-lb bagBy Hen Up
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Organic Corn, Organic Canola Meal, Calcium Carbonate...||Organic Corn, Organic Wheat, Organic Barley...||Ground Corn, Soybean Meal, Processed Grain By-Products...||Organic Corn, Organic Soybean Meal, Organic Alfalfa Meal...||Organic Corn, Organic Soybean Meal, Organic Peas...|
|Bird Type||Chicken||Chicken||Chicken||Chicken||Duck, Chicken|
|Food Form||Feed, Dried Fruits, Dried Veggies||Grains, Dried Veggies||Crumble||Pellets||Pellets|
|Special Diet||Organic, Non-GMO||Organic, Non-GMO||N/A||High-Protein, Organic||High-Protein, Non-GMO, Organic|
|Health Feature||Vitamins & Minerals||N/A||High-Energy||N/A||N/A|
About This Item
- Loaded with essential amino acids, vitamins and minerals to help promote shiny feathers and wholesome eggs.
- Certified USDA organic and meets USDA requirements, so you can have peace of mind knowing that it’s made without pesticides, fertilizers or GMOs.
- Contains the recommended amount of protein and calcium to help your hens lay eggs with strong shells and to help them stay healthy.
- Made without soy and delivers complete and balanced nutrition with all the nutrients your feathered friends need.
- Contains ancient grains and superfoods, like organic oats, organic barley, organic wheat and antioxidant-rich organic blueberries and organic cranberries to support a healthy immune system.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
Questions & Answers
ReviewsWrite a Review
7 Customer Reviews
Favorite Chicken Feed!
My chickens are INSANE about this food! It's a lot of whole pieces of identifiable things like peas, barley, and corn along with powdered food. The bag doesn't give you instructions, but you're supposed to mix this with water to create a porridge. (That's what "mash" means.) On cold days, I mix it with hot water to give them a warm meal. My chickens love it more than mealworms, and it's way better for them. The only downside is that you have to mix it up daily. You can't just dump it in their feeder and forget about it. I use it like it's a treat. A+.
Only feed Sophia will eat!
We tried many different kinds of feed and fresh food, and this is the only thing that she will eat other than corn. I love the quality other than that a lot of the mash is really like a powdery texture like corn meal. We are about to try the pellets in case that is less powdery, but we're glad to have something Sophia (age 9) loves!
My ladies loved this food and went nuts the first time I tried it. Will definitely buy again.
Finally a brand to fit my lifestyle
Who knew it was so hard to find organic, non-gmo feed! So happy I have found HenUp and my laying ladies love it! I live in the city and don’t have a way to easily get to a feed store or room to store hundreds of pounds of feed. We transitioned at the beginning of the year from a different brand, and my girls have stronger egg shells, better looking feathers, and seem to be very happy. My family on the other hand is happy to know we are consuming eggs from a healthy flock that is not eating things which may have been genetically modified - trying to find this out is hard!!! - all while being able to command a premium price for the eggs we don’t consume.
I opened up a new sealed bag and it was moldy, so I had to throw it all out.
First off - yes, this is a premium product, but WOWOWOW. My ladies love it, their feathers are the most beautiful they have ever been, and the color of my egg yolks shows just how much this is helping everyone (my laying ladies and my family). On top of this, I have a family member with soy alelrgies. The fact that this a clean, soy-free feed is truly game-changing for us. I couldn't recommend this more.
save your money
My chicken won't touch this. i'm going back to the crypto. VERY DISAPPOINTED. for the cost .