Herm Sprenger Fur Saver Training Dog Chain Slip Collar
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Designed to help you train your dog—especially commands like heel, sit and stay.
- Steel collar comes in multiple sizes to suit a variety of dog breeds.
- Ideal for long-haired dogs, with elongated links designed to avoid catching and pulling fur.
- Includes only top tier materials from Herm Sprenger.
- Made with pride in Germany, utilizing modern techniques and tight quality control.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- OmniPet Chain Dog Leash with Leather Handle, Heavyweight, 6-ft$11.19Chewy Price$12.78List Price
- OmniPet Chain Dog Leash, Red, Lightweight, 4-ft$11.37Chewy Price$11.99List Price
- Walk 'n Train Polyester Dog Headcollar, Large: 15 to 20-in neck$22.49Chewy Price
- Halti Nylon Dog Headcollar, Size 4: 18 to 24.5-in neck$13.65Chewy Price$25.99List Price
- CollarDirect Rolled Leather Dog Slip Lead, Brown, Medium: 6-ft long, 5/16-in wide$22.99Chewy Price$25.99List Price
Compare Similar Items
|Material||Metal||Metal||Metal||Metal||Vinyl / PVC, Plastic|
|Breed Size||Medium Breeds, Large Breeds||Medium Breeds, Large Breeds||Large Breeds||Large Breeds, Giant Breeds||Extra Small & Toy Breeds, Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds|
|Leash & Collar Feature||Training, Chain||Training, Chain||Training, Waterproof, Chain||Training, Chain||Training|
|Closure Type||Slip On||Slip On||Slip On||Slip On||Buckle|
|Collar Type||Chain Slip||Chain Slip||Chain Slip||Chain Slip||Prong & Pinch|
Questions & Answers
7 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
31 Customer Reviews
GSD in training
We found this to be a perfect training collar for our German Shepard pup
this collar has worked great on our rambunctious rough collie. Traditional chain slip collars get caught in her fur, but this works better. It is also light weight. But note that you need to buy it bigger than your dog's neck size by several inches.
We needed a training collar for our Labrador pup. However, we had concerns about the traditional ones and didn't want prongs. This option gives the same level of control when we need to get her attention but the elongated links keep it from really tightening down and choking her if she pulls too much or gets tangled in brush on a long lead. It is rather more lightweight than ones we've used before, but for her, it's the perfect fit.
The collar was great and fit just right. It has nice big links and is chrome in color shows up very well on a black dog.
Smooth slide, easy on/off
This is the 2nd fur saver I bought after my dog outgrew the 1st. Initially I worried the links would make it difficult for the collar to release when tension was removed. But it works easily and smoothly - really nice collar. Love this!
Sizing is small
I measured my dogs neck at 18". He normally wears a snake chain that is 20" and is a tad big but works, so I assumed that the "19 inch neck" size fur saver would fit, but it didn't even come close to going over his head. Now I see further down in the description it's recommended for a 17" neck... What the heck?
Really like this collar!
I really like this collar! I haven’t used it out walking yet, but when I pulled it out of the package the feel and quality was great. And when I put it on my Swissy it fit over his head and tightened and loosened nicely!
Works great !
I tried other metal slip collars on my Aussie and this is the only one that does not get caught in his fur. Easy on and off too.
My big solid black German shepherd looks so handsome in his beefy chain!!
Exactly what I ordered
Love this! It’s 100% what I wanted! Looks amazing on my boy for the shows!!